Plans set for electronic receiver

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will admit the biggest complaints about the MFD type equipment has centered around the L-rods. Of course what I am building does not use L-rods--it has an electronic receiver. You hold up the antenna and when it is pointing at the discriminated target it beeps much like a metal detector only much greater distances. I practice with a half-ounce silver and I can pick it up from 75 feet usually within six inches. I mean a metal detector sometimes can't even get that close. LOL

Anyway, I somewhat jokingly refer to the L-rods and pendulums as MITAS--Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition. Anytime you have a device that uses a swivel (or bearing) handle (or even a solid handle that turns in your hand) that relies on the movement to get a response you will have much sorrow. Start at age five and practice every healthy day until you are thirty years old and you will have reached your plateau. That does not mean you will be good, that depends on how much effort you put into it. Learning some form of meditation is essential to using any L-rod type equipment. You can learn it as you go and be so-so or you can take the time to do it right and practice every day for many weeks and you will learn so much faster. Most people never get the L-rods figured out. Others like me spend 35 years and still struggle. So don't buy the B.S. that a swivel handle device is easy to learn. Anybody tells you that is a con man and a fraud.
Hi Sig: Me again. I know you have me on ignore and that is OK. Others will see this post reply any way.

So when you practice, you can pick up a half ounce piece of silver at 75 feet. WOW, that is great. My very first long distance dowsing shot in the field I tried with my L rods, I hit a target at 90 feet and I did not know it was there until I pulled it out of the ground.

Using my "L" rods that you see in my avatar, I just picked up my gold college class ring at 125 feet. Some time ago, I went out into the desert and picked it up at a much greater distance. It was so far away, (about 100 yards) I had to put a red cloth on a near by sage brush to denote the location.

I recently started map dowsing with other L rods I cut in length to fit my computer screen and dowsed out a rust tin can approximately 207 Miles away from where I live. Surprised the the heck out of me when I pulled it out of the ground. Will your new LRL perform like that?

Check this out. Lucky are little children for their heads are not so full of _____ to mess them up. Go to:

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not all joke when I refer to L-rods as MITAS--Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition. I'll bet nine out of ten people who have ever touched an L-rod will agree. And for the most rabid skeptics it's like holding up a religious article in front of someone who is in need of exorcism.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not all joke when I refer to L-rods as MITAS--Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition. I'll bet nine out of ten people who have ever touched an L-rod will agree. And for the most rabid skeptics it's like holding up a religious article in front of someone who is in need of exorcism.
I just love that little Australian girl in the Youtube video I posted, especially when after finding gold with one L Rod, at the end she gets right into your face and says: "That's how you search for gold."

Now, you need to answer my question Sig; Will your new LRL pick up even a rusty tin can 207 miles away?

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've often wondered why some people react insanely towards L-rods. I guess it's fear of the unknown. And when you read all the nut cases on the forums it's hard not to have some bias against it. I've been using L-rods since the early 1980's and spent untold thousands of hours. I admit I still struggle with the rods sometimes.

The electronic receiver is not idiot-proof (don't expect it will ever be) and right now is still not child-proof. That's where I'm at with it right now.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have found that 95 % of the 100’s people I tested could find power, water and septic lines so there are some people that the rods will not work for

If you think they will not work guess what. They will not

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got bit by it when I was working on it last fall. Touched a hot wire and luckily it wasn't any worse as earlier i was wearing a ground strap on my other wrist. As it was, my leg must have taken some of the jolt as it felt like the muscles were strained/pulled. High voltage (measured over 400 volts!) and a capacitor with a slow bleed-off. Twenty minutes later still holds a considerable amount of power.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sig: Will you be able to pick up a target 207 miles away with your new LRL?

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It ain't no kid's toy. That voltage I measured was at a low output level, maybe one-third full power. Since that time I went with even lower power. That lowest level power will hit a half ounce target across my yard (which is about 100 feet width) on most days, but not when there is geomagnetic disturbance. Full power level is about 35 times greater than the lowest level now.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
That lowest level power will hit a half ounce target across my yard (which is about 100 feet width) on most days
I can pick up a ½ 0z gold target at ½ mile with set of brass rods. A Range Master will pick up 2 flakes of gold at 8 miles. I have another that will pick up gold targets at 5 miles
but not when there is geomagnetic disturbance

It seems that the sun will always be there

Last edited:

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can pick up a ½ 0z gold target at ½ mile with set of brass rods. A Range Master will pick up 2 flakes of gold at 8 miles. I have another that will pick up gold targets at 5 miles
Aart: Clearly his answer to my question is no. He does not anticipate his new LRL will do anything like the ones you have or what can be done with simple L rods.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody who says they don't struggle with the L-rods sometimes is delusional. I recall one skeptic saying anyone could learn to use the L-rods in twenty minutes. And in one manual the guy said after a few hours you can walk on uneven hillsides in the wind, etc. Good luck on that one. And that's not even mentioning the emotional, mental state, of the user. That one is a biggie. And distractions are just too numerous to list. Of course most people don't want to exert the effort to learn even a basic form of meditation.

The electronic receiver avoids many of the L-rod problems since you don't have to worry about stepping on a loose rock or a snake your next step and no need to keep anything balanced in the wind or while walking through brush or tree branches.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Anybody who says they don't struggle with the L-rods sometimes is delusional. I recall one skeptic saying anyone could learn to use the L-rods in twenty minutes. And in one manual the guy said after a few hours you can walk on uneven hillsides in the wind, etc.
So what's your point?
The electronic receiver avoids many of the L-rod problems since you don't have to worry about stepping on a loose rock or a snake your next step and no need to keep anything balanced in the wind or while walking through brush or tree branches.
Are you trying to tell us that a electronic receiver will move loose rocks. snakes and wind from your target line?

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't ya just love the Australian girl in post #63 in this thread? I sure do, especially at the end when she puts her face close to the camera and says: "That's how you search for gold." :hello2::notworthy::icon_thumright::laughing9::occasion14::tongue3:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well all i can say about the whole thing is ...I have been using these rod's for year's & year's ..No electronic's with them just plain rod's ...AND i have had very very good luck finding Coins and Jewelry with them................................................................................................................... DSCN0898.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M.I.T.A.S.

LOL Watch out! There are skeptics who read this page!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting close to being able to devote some more time on this project. Lots of brush fires around here. This thing is sweet most the time...Reminds me of a secretary who had posted on the wall "Fifty-one percent sweetheart--forty-nine percent b!tch. DON'T PUSH IT!!! LOL

Sometimes it just takes that one or two percent to turn things around for the better and stay there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working with the frequency discriminators for a long time and I still just have the disbelief every time I hit the target. Surprisingly, this All-Electronic locator works darn near as good as outdoors. Of course it's a shorter distance to the target and the accuracy should be better because of this, but other "resonators" in the house like TV sets, bad wiring, dimmer switches, etc, by nature should have a certain amount of destructive interference. It's plenty doable and I'll practice indoors if too cold outside or when it's too hot. I don't know, even when I have visual contact with the target, the signal is most times off to one side. Short range indoors that is an inch or two. So it's a pretty good bet to say the actual magnetic field surrounding the target has some tilt to it.

I'll admit I got burned out on this project. Not because something was totally wrong and non-fixable, but because I was just to burning my energy into this at both ends of the candle. Too much of anything is not good. Anyway, I feel a bit more refreshed and starting to rev things up.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask any manufacturer who's is best and you know the answer. And they usually say their competitor's device does not work very well. Of course if I had my device on the market I would say the same thing. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread