signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I would like to see this one through, I'm not really shelving the stabilizer but definitely shoving it to a back burner. Kinda reminds me of that TV commercial where the couple invents things that need to be done around the yard and house so they can put off stuff that needed to be done. Wasn't really intentional on my part, but stuff happens. So I'm trying to get this thing up front and center here. And got more learning to do on designing PCB's.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just thinking how the term "long range locator" has a bad image associated with it mostly because people have much difficulty learning the L-rods. This all-electronic device (I've called it the Golden Harp or Haarp) is really a long range metal detector that can't be a too far distant cousin of the two-box metal detector albeit a quantum leap sort of like the difference between angels and humans. So yeah, it's way above your mortal metal detector.

This PCB design looks fairly easy but it's going to take some time to learn all the terminology and the software.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say don't throw anything away. I went back to revisit some old techniques I had shelved. Thought it was too weak at the time. But now this is giving a nicer, cleaner, sharper, more solid signal and I have good feelings that this will work better with the antenna stabilizer whenever I decide to go back to that. Looks like the PCB's are going to be my next goal. Hopefully very soon. Guess i should not be putting any time restraints as my past record is dismal. LOL But I got it in my sights. Hey, I think this project is alive and moving again. Woke up from the coma. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this has made things easier to catch and narrow in on the signal, more comfortable, more solid feel. Right now I wonder if the stabilizer is even needed.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course all this needs more testing, and already I found out how to bump up the signal a bit. So we'll see what happens but first impressions are very good and at least indoors it is accurate.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still need to get this latest changes out into the field. I'm liking this one because the signal is solid and more repeatable. Kinda hard to describe how everything works and not sure I want to anyway, but this just makes it easier to catch the signal. This one has my enthusiasm level up.

I'm a ways out yet on the PCB's. Haven't spent much time on it and I'm slow anyway. But it will happen.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This latest mod has really seemed to improve things. My guess is someone who has never used this locator could pick it up and with a little instruction get the line to the target within a few degrees without much difficulty. I'm not going to make the claim that this is more accurate than a conventional metal detector but I sure don't know any metal detector that can hit a small target within one inch from twenty feet or six inches from a hundred feet. You'er not going to get that kind of accuracy all the time (mainly during calm geomagnetic conditions) , but it's doable.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making some headway with the circuit board design. I can see light at the end of the tunnel but I hope it's not light years away. LOL It's still a pain, as the components need to be reliably available. So I will need to find that before I can get the final version of the circuit board designed.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This PCB design is not much different than learning a foreign language. I guess it would help if my electronics jargon was up to snuff. This one I am working with has about 350 pages of instructions. I complained to them it was too complicated. I said once I read it all I won't be able to remember much of it. LOL I sure am glad I have the fever for this otherwise I would have quit this a long time ago.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I've put up with a lot of crap and harassment from all sides over the past 20 years on the forums. It hardened me. "Through many dangers, toils, and snares..." My mistake to ever feel for these skeptic types. Just remember no one can help them until they help themselves. When they see this one they just might turn into closet LRL proponents. (No LOL here!) Well, all this got me to where I am today, so as sick as it sounds I'd do it all again. Certainly not because of the disgusting ways things went, but because of where I am now.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's all for now. The way I am progressing it could be a month or more before I see a PCB. "Houston, we have ignition!"

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I am not posting, I am still "working" on this project--the wheels are turning in my head and I am making some progress. Of course with every success I see some new aspect or pathway. I just need to keep my nose to the grindstone for now. Latest results have exhibited very impressive accuracy, even sharper than what I was already getting. I mentioned one degree accuracy before. I never measured the angle, but now it's better than what I was getting. Sure, all that can change with locating conditions, but these last tests were in somewhat unstable conditions. So I'm getting there but I still have some stuff to do before I build the PCB's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't get away from the antenna stabilizer. I don't like what I have and I did decide to simplify things and built one to try out today. I guess this one would be Strike 6. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I'm not so sure this last "attempt" LOL was a strike. Just maybe I made a small amount of progress on this. I might even have changed my mind a bit about this whole thing. I'm trying to keep all this as low budget as possible.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda OFF TOPIC:

I saw something about Tesla the other day. He would do one-hundred toe crunches before going to sleep at night. He said it helped him think better. My take on that is it must stimulate some acupuncture meridians. I also saw on a different show about his socializing with women and how he "fixed" himself of that!!! So I wouldn't just jump in and believe everything he did was worthy of trying (Well, maybe one or two around here. LOL), but this one seems fairly harmless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course after testing a bit, more work needed! More things to try. Not getting perfect results. LOL Probably only take an hour on this problem. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you didn't catch it, that was the laugh of someone about to go crazy. Kinda famous last laugh or something.

No, probably opened up another can of worms and will end up spending a good part of the day messing with this and chasing around for parts, etc. And all this and I don't even know if this will make any difference. How's that for positive thinking? LOL Yeah, odds say no. But the fact I'm even trying shows some signs of optimism...again!!! Yeah, either that or insaanity has set in. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Or "One step forward and two steps back." My head is spinning right now with this antenna stabilizer. Feel like I am being drawn and quartered--pulled apart from all sides. Sometimes I like what I have and sometimes I want to throw it away. But I know if I can get this to work right it will be worth the trouble, well, maybe. LOL No, really, I had it working some today but it's still not what I call the acceptable level. Can of worms? Hell it's more like a wasp's nest.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes get the serendipity moments, just read something and be able to see things more clearly or from a different angle. Kinda helps me from falling into complacency sometimes. LOL It's nourishment. And I am another step or two closer to completion.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like I always have big ideas early in the day. I am slowly getting the resolve to get this antenna stabilizer in usable form. My engineering skills haven't been polished up since...well, never. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions