Plans set for electronic receiver

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
but everything is in place for a modernized fully-electronic locating system.
So your going to make a new wheel. All the manufacturers stopped making those kinds of LRL’s back in 1990.In about 2002 the field generators were made obsolete..Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Of course the goal here is to bring locating up out from the Dark Ages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)
The Dark Ages is a historical periodization used originally for the Middle Ages, which emphasizes the cultural and economic deterioration that supposedly occurred in Western Europe following the decline of the Roman Empire.[SUP][1][2][/SUP] The label employs traditional light-versus-darkness imagery to contrast the "darkness" of the period with earlier and later periods of "light
A
ll those Medieval implements of torture and superstition some refer to as L-rods or swivel hand control box
Yes we know what skeptics say about L-rods
I'm here to put them out of business. LOL
Good luck with that Mike.

Last edited:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to be a while before I get this one ready, but everything is in place for a modernized fully-electronic locating system. My goal is to build the best one ever made and yet still keep it less expensive than one of those phony calculators that are little more than a bent coat hanger. How about that? No L-rods, no swivel handle anything. It's going to happen.

I thought of making one using a coil & a pole from an old MD & a clip to clip your smart phone on with the app.
No box of electronics & batteries..

If the manufactures haven't thought of it yet, they will now!!!

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, you're just another in a very long line of kitchen sink dabblers who want to pretend they know what they're doing. Before you set out on your latest magical journey, you should have bought an Electroscope, TreasureScope, Ranger-Tell, and Omnitron; took them all apart to see what's inside; then you would have seen just how low the bar was set for you. Do yourself a favor; take a dowsing rod, add some pretty blinky lights and maybe a couple of knobs, and call it done. It's as good as you're gonna get.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
As for the MITaS thing, well, people who have tried to use an L-rod/swivel handle type without learning meditation, I can imagine this a form of torture. And anyone here who doesn't think the ignorant forum players are not superstitious, well, they are. And yes, those handheld's are going to seem Medieval in comparison.
Will your new LRL give you the distance and depth of the object that you have just found a signal to? Will it tell you if it is a coin, ring or a bar when you first encounter the signal?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Will your new LRL give you the distance and depth of the object that you have just found a signal to? Will it tell you if it is a coin, ring or a bar when you first encounter the signal?
Well, I guess the answer is no. Just where is the improvement?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Probably wasn't clear enough on the electronic receiver. Not trying to get something that works, in the process of improving on it.
Some of those old time devices worked real well. A set of rods works every time and costs less than $5.00

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont understand why I don't see people searching the beach with L rods? There is gold everywhere to be found and it's easy digging.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I dont understand why I don't see people searching the beach with L rods? There is gold everywhere to be found and it's easy digging.
Many beaches have lots of Micro Gold and sea water also has gold in it. Collecting Micro gold is fun but then it has to be processed. That is a long process. The easiest way to collect it is in parking lots and rain gutters..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Not many people are skilled with an L-rod--really very few ever get it.
How much skill does it take to follow a signal line to the target?
So you have guaranteed lost gold on the beach but people are afraid to fail.
You can keep searching for gold on the beach. I leave that for people that like to look for lost objects
Same with the map dowsers and the Forrest Fenn treasure--they know they can't find it and will be exposed.
I guess I am one of those people. I did the maps and am not going to waste my time and money on that project.
That feedback (the REAL TRUTH) is a very dirty work to map dowsers.
What is it that is dirty work for map dowsers?. You do the work and send it to the person. End of work. Not all treasure hunters have the skill or the equipment to find the treasure or want the whole world to know they have it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
How much skill does it take to follow a signal line to the target?
What is it that is dirty work for map dowsers?.
I don't mean to come off as arrogant, but I made some more progress today (while listening to the Moody Blues at the Royal Albert Hall--Timothy Leary...and many other wonderful songs). Kinda feel like Neil Armstrong when he said "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
You call that an answer?
It is a common psychological problem in that insecure people tend to project their personal deficiencies unto another in self defense, they are sure trying to pass theirs lack of knowledge over to you

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I decided most people cannot use an L-rod. To paraphrase what one professional dowser wrote in one of his books: Start at the age of five years old and practice every healthy day. By the time you are thirty you will have reached your plateau
I never touched a set of rods until 1998. I found enough gold the first day to pay for the equipment I just bought. I am 76 now
I have countless hours with an L-rod, like ten thousand or maybe way more. i still struggle and i have to work at it ALWAYS. Ain't NOBODY perfect. We all make mistakes and have not-so-good days. That's why I am working on the electronic receiver. If it was easy there would be many out there being used right now.
Yes the rods will only work for 90 % of the people. Lay a hose out with the water running. See if the rods will cross. Now lay a silver coin on the ground and step on it. If the rods would not cross forget about using them to Treasure Hunt

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
If i have a peeve besides people crapping on my thread,
I am not doing that. Just trying to tell them how things work
it's these so-called internet "experts" who try to B.S. people about some topic they don't have a clue about and never had any experience.
Gee, I have found gold with 7 different locators. I think that is called experience
Yeah, anybody can claim to be a map dowser and you just have to look to see their results. Every case they fail.
Wow, I guess you don’t read enough about all the successes.
I saw a post someone saying L-rods work all the time as if to say the electronic receiver is not as reliable. That's phony crap.
Just why do you think all the manufacturers quit using electronic receivers?
Anybody who ever used L-rods for any period of time knows that is false. Makes you wonder if the person who said it even knows. So much B.S. on these forums it's pathetic
Yes there is a lot BS on all forums....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
but most people who are not mentally challenged probably can figure that one out.
Yes wind and cool are a problem. You soon learn how to adjust to them. You are right, people who are not mentally challenged soon learn how to adapt...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You may want to go to Rye Patch next summer Mike. You will find thousands of holes where people have dug gold. You may also find people who are using conventional metal detectors to follow man made signal to their to the targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread