Sad to see so many people being taken

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is sad to see all the high-priced, do little "LRL's" out there. Many of them the case costs more than the few electrical parts inside. Some of them have little more than $5 worth of parts inside and sell for a thousand bucks or even more, and rely on a swivel handle. Not that I'm totally against a swivel handle, just that it REQUIRES HUGE AMOUNTS OF PRACTICE WITH DAILY FEEDBACK AND LEARNING SOME FORM OF MEDITATION. Less than that and you are fooling yourself, big time self deception. That's the "S" in the acronym M.I.T.A.S, superstition. Believe me, almost every dowser is filled up to their back teeth with it because they don't get the daily feedback and they never take the time to learn the meditation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using swivel handle type locators (L-rods) since the early 1980's. There are so many issues and variables most people cannot even talk about it because they will psych themselves out. You know, they start thinking about it. And like someone who has trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time, it really does mess with your locating.

And what good is it if the line does not go to the target? Well, here's where that dirty word come in, you know the one that starts with "f" and ends with "k", yeah, that's right FeedbacK. How the hell do you know if the line is going to the target if you don't put out a practice target to test the waters? Anything less is incompetent but don't tell that to the dowsing forum.

So I don't know if I have more L-rod hours than anyone else on this planet, and it is not important. But point is, I have moved away from the L-rods. Pretty much about 98% all-electronic now. The equipment I am using was an old design that I have reworked over the last year. Not saying L-rods (swivel handle) are going extinct, but definitely obsolete.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember if the locator relies on a swivel handle to alert you, then it requires L-rod skills which can take years to learn or even never like most people. Really it is so basic--keep yourself out of it. Easier said then done. For 99% of all Westerners, the mind is like a wild horse. No amount of telling yourself it is not will ever change one iota (or whatever the smallest particle is named). This is where the meditation practice comes in. Everything that causes you problems with learning meditation is the same stuff that will damage your locating. And if you are doing any thinking right now you maybe see that as long as you try to control the outcome, you have totally failed. You have to give up control and many with the snob, know-it-all attitude never will have a prayer in Hell.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yeah, meditation and feedback are about as essential as you can get. Someone who tells you otherwise either doesn't know (most likely scenario) or else they are trying to sell you a rod. Low-life scum.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good rule of thumb is to remember that 70% of everything on the internet is false. Do the math and the odds say if you believe what you read on the internet then you will be wrong. Now you get into an area known for superstition, charlatans, psychics (map dowsers), rip-off's, well, you figure it. Anybody here know any psychics who have done anything more than bend a spoon or put an "X" or "O" on a map and claim there is gold there?

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't recall how many millions the U.S. govt spent on the StarGate program for remote viewing. The most talented psychics in the country could not convince Congress it was a worthwhile project. Some street gypsy or forum map dowser it's all the same.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the L rods for locating water and electrical wiring and it is very accurate. But I'm not sure how deep it works for buried treasure. I have found some hot rocks. I first used the rods then I took my MD to verify it. The rocks were only a ft. Below the surface. I made mine out of steel and the handle are wooden file handles. Copper would probably work even better.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that supposedly something good. With truck right next to it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread