He's baaaaaaack!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that line from E.T. or a Jack Nicholson movie? BTW, "recluse" is not an accurate term to describe my self-imposed sabbatical--"hermit" is much more on the mark and this post is just temporary.

Anyway, sorry but I just can't contain my enthusiasm. I came up with another one of my Wile E. Coyote ideas. LOL No, it's not a rodless design. It uses an L-rod but the cost is lower than the all-electronic design I have been working on. Damn, there's always a hitch! Not going to lie and say L-rods are easy to learn or use, but sometimes "You can't always get what you waaaant." (Stones)

I have more work to do hoping to cut costs and improve performance. Not sure I even want to improve that part. . But "I gots to know." (That one was from a Dirty Harry movie).

Eureka! and all other sorts of exclamations. :headbang::hello2::notworthy:

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about your short honeymoon! LOL I haven't spent an hour on the L-rod this year and within minutes I started to remember "plenty" about what I don't like about them. But this device is working. Get settled down a bit and I might try to use it without anything, just holding my arms out because it does give a strong signal. It's still low power, low voltage, no amp. Do I really want to revert back to the rods? No! I'm spoiled. I'm not giving up on this just yet. Must be all the deer testosterone in the air. LOL Like I said, I gots to know, so I can't help myself and will have to hot rod this thing. "She's ported and relieved and she's stroked and bored." Those guys didn't know too much about 4-stroke engines. LOL "Ported and relieved" are 2-stroke terms. Anyway, I like the song-- "Little Deuce Coupe"

Well, I'm not braggin' babe, so don't put me down
But I've got the fastest set of wheels in town
When something comes up to me he don't even try
Cause if i had a set of wings man, I know she could fly

Back to the work bench.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to find the signal line without an L-rod. This was inside at about twenty five feet. Haven't done anything to it yet. Probably have to order some parts to get all the bells and whistles into the hot-rod version. It might really fly!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first duck-taped and cardboard version is running. It's as crude as my form manners. LOL "nice and rough" to quote Tina Turner. I don't know how this will all pan out. It seems sensitive and that's a bad word. I don't know if this is cutting edge technology, but I've never heard of anyone doing this. Of course most people play their cards closer to their chest than I do, so until I hear different "That's my story and I'm sticking to it." This is my last report for today.

Every now and then I get these epiphany days. This is one of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This latest version is working and I'm not sure I want to spend any more time on an L-rod dependent device. If you've read any of my posts on the dowsing page, you can't help but sense my disgust for the group mentality going on there among the "Superstition" of so-called dowsers. That map "dowsing" is not dowsing at all --it is psychic and that means unreliable and inaccurate. And there's plenty of nose-thumbing directed at me. As I've said, I want to bring locating out of the Dark Ages any anything with an L-rod is moving in the wrong direction. Very few people can really use an L-rod so if i was to sell such a device there would be many unhappy people. I don't want that on my conscience. I know other people have no such qualms. You add all that up and i hope you understand a little about why I feel the way I do and why I am vocal about it.

This group mentality thing is perceived to be some kind of knowledge pool but it's more like a cesspool of superstition. There is a desperation to hold on to their power over the naive. I really consider it a badge of honor to be blackballed from that scene.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess this would be a good project to sell on one of those auction sites. LOL You know those $5 piezo buzzers in the plastic soap holder (soap on a rope) they sell for hundreds? Got a pretty good idea where that came from.

Not giving any details on this one other to say it works good enough I can find the signal line with only holding my arms out. Of course using a rod is more sensitive. And I really haven't even done any testing other than around the house and yard. So this is just in the early stages. My plan would be to sell this latest device for maybe $500 and then once I get the all-electronic device on the market, give a $500 discount for those who bought one. Sort of a capital campaign.

It would have an amp and not sure what else. One thing i know is I have been at this for along time. Will it work as good as some $1500 frequency discriminator? Probably beat it at least in some ways.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread