Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a shame it is in Facebook :(
I'd love one just for the chance to see if it would work for me.

but Sorry ! I swore I would never post my name or info on Facebook.
I don't want to be a hypocrite now, especially on the very slim chance
I would get so Lucky.

Thanks for posting Though :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff, It is possible that an MFD might not work for you. A strong magnetic field will override a weaker field. The human body generates an electrical field and a magnetic field. If your body's magnetic field is stronger than the concentrated field surrounding the target field, it merely overrides it and the L-rods will not react. If L-rods react when you walk over the magnetic field of any anomaly then Frequency Discrimination (MFD) will work for you. It's easy to test by walking over a piece of Iron, and watch for any reaction of the L-rods.

I do have the Free MFD posted on an old Treasure forum but I didn't post the link because of TNET's policy against posting URL's of other forums. Is that policy still in effect?

The Free MFD information would be beneficial to the participants on the Dowsing Forum, but it is an electronic application of the L-Rods, which again your rules prohibits your viewers from learning about it. Dell

"The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed or prejudiced mind"

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff, It is possible that an MFD might not work for you. A strong magnetic will override a weaker field. The
human body generates an electrical field and a magnetic field. If your body's magnetic field is stronger than the concentrated field surrounding the target field, it merely overrides it and the L-rods will not react. If L-rods react when you walk over the magnetic field of any anomaly then Frequency Discrimination (MFD) will work for you. It's easy to test by walking over a piece of Iron, and watch for any reaction of the L-rods.

I do have the Free MFD posted on an old Treasure forum but I didn't post the link because of TNET's policy against posting URL's of other forums. Is that policy still in effect?

The Free MFD information would be beneficial to the participants on the Dowsing Forum, but it is an electronic application of the L-Rods, which again your rules prohibits your viewers from learning about it. Dell

"The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed or prejudiced mind"

Dell;
New Rules ? I'm not aware of New Rules.

Yes there is a rule about posting links to other forums. But I don't consider it New.

As far as Posting actual detailed information .
I certainly am not going to say No :tongue3:
It is what we are here For.

I know in the distant Past it seemed the Skeptics were getting their way.
And in some cases they were.

But as far as I'm concerned, Skeptics are not as important as the believers.

that said I don't know about my body's magnetic field.
But Being from anthracite Coal country. The Magnetic field of Iron Ore & Hot rocks
may be a problem in at least 75% of my area.

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I never said anything about new rules., just the existing rules. The magnetic field of Iron ore & Hot Rocks is easily detected with a pair of L-Rods, but allows for no discrimination. The anomalies are discriminated with the use of specific frequency.

The possibility of you already owning a Free MFD, is real, but it is an electronic application of the so called, Dowsing Rods. Posting about an electronic application to Dowsing, is clearly a violation of your forum rules for Dowsing. If you wish to allow your viewers to see the application, and instruction, please feel free to post the facebook link, or reference to it on the Dowsing forum. Then again, I suppose a face book page could be considered a forum.

It would be a waste of my time to post full information on the possibly Free MFD you probably already own, and the 4 pages of L-Rod instructions which could save potential LRL consumers thousands of dollars. Regrettably, your LRL forum, appears to already be dead and without viewer interest as a result of prejudice, speech censoring rules. Dell

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I never said anything about new rules., just the existing rules. The magnetic field of Iron ore & Hot Rocks is easily detected with a pair of L-Rods, but allows for no discrimination. The anomalies are discriminated with the use of specific frequency.

The possibility of you already owning a Free MFD, is real, but it is an electronic application of the so called, Dowsing Rods. Posting about an electronic application to Dowsing, is clearly a violation of your forum rules for Dowsing. If you wish to allow your viewers to see the application, and instruction, please feel free to post the facebook link, or reference to it on the Dowsing forum. Then again, I suppose a face book page could be considered a forum.

It would be a waste of my time to post full information on the possibly Free MFD you probably already own, and the 4 pages of L-Rod instructions which could save potential LRL consumers thousands of dollars. Regrettably, your LRL forum, appears to already be dead and without viewer interest as a result of prejudice, speech censoring rules. Dell

ok not sure where I saw the Word New :unhappysmiley: must have been in my Head :laughing7:

you said
It would be a waste of my time to post full information on the possibly Free MFD you probably already own,

not me unless you mean my metal detector. or toaster . My flip phone just barely gets a phone call signal. Except when a scammer Dials me.

and Metal Hangers Are Obsolete here. Can't even find them at Auctions :tongue3:
maybe Ebay at a premium.

but no biggie. and I forgot the rule . (no electronic LRL discussions ) rule in the Dowsing forum :( I believe that goes back to the Complainers calling it Advertising :BangHead: or it was because there is a separate lrl forum for discussing electronics.

oh well...I learned something anyway :unhappysmiley:

OH & yes I'm no fan of seeing facebook links here.
and on Many cases I delete them. There are exceptions on occasion that Yours fell into in this case.

Last edited:

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Dell said:
"The human body generates an electrical field and a magnetic field. If your body's magnetic field is stronger than the concentrated field surrounding the target field, it merely overrides it and the L-rods will not react."

This is true. Now I understand why there is many folks into this hobby of Metal Detecting that blame MFD and L-Rods as scam. Of course, there is real scam into this market of MFDs, but not all cases are due the same issue.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I have heard is very few people have too strong a magnetic field. Like maybe one or two in a thousand. According to Christopher Hills, 20% can't overcome their negativity. I know my own issues, stuff like thinking too much, or fixating on the rods, or too tensed up. Of course I'm not talking about wind, or rough ground to walk on. And then a big one is wishful thinking, trying to influence the rods, forcing them to cross.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, this thread about free MFD, I have hooked up cell phone signal generator quite a while back. There is very little power. My opinion it would require some type of amplifier.

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, this thread about free MFD, I have hooked up cell phone signal generator quite a while back. There is very little power. My opinion it would require some type of amplifier.

Do you know where I can get some amplifier?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably find something on the internet to build your own for experimentation. You could build your own signal generator for that matter. That's the easy part. But you still need to learn to use the L-rods. Christopher Hills compared it to learning a musical instrument. I have said like learning golf. That's why i am working on the all-electronic. You can B.S. so many people that L-rods are easy to learn. I've been at it for 35 years just about every day. I still struggle some times.

Last edited:

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably find something on the internet to build your own for experimentation. You could build your own signal generator for that matter. That's the easy part. But you still need to learn to use the L-rods. Christopher Hills compared it to learning a musical instrument. I have said like learning golf. That's why i am working on the all-electronic. You can B.S. so many people that L-rods are easy to learn. I've been at it for 35 years just about every day. I still struggle some times.

Take a look this one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...iongenerator&rdid=com.keuwl.functiongenerator

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you hear somebody tell you it's easy, don't believe it. That's why i (and others) say to learn some form of meditation. Nobody wants to do that. People only hear what they want to hear. If some LRL pusher says you don't need it, they are going to believe the easy way. Like the saying goes, "There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it over."

Just remember time is your most valuable asset. I know many people with failing health. They all thought they had more time to find the "big one". You ask a millionaire and they will tell you they'd give everything for good health.

Of course there are other reasons why time is important. Stuff happens. If you're like me, you think once I retire i will have all the time in the world. But you plan on saving some money and then you lose your job, can't get rehired because "you're too old" or whatever. Then your friends health goes bad, or whatever many different unforeseen reasons. Point is, there isn't always time to "do it over".

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread