Advice :trying to build weight check

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks
Am trying to build a weight check to estimate the size of the target since i got some difficulties to determine the size...which is truly important on finding precious metals using MFD
I got an idea here in TN..i took potentiometer and pot magnet attached into a potentiometer,no wire ...i can say it is non electronic device..i tried and to some extent it seems to work..but i think i have difficulties in area with high magnetic anomaly mostly in area with iron oxides
Anyone can help me on improving my weight checker?
And does solar flares have some effects on targeting signal line

Attachments

• 1488643594952.jpg
    1488643594952.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 131

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your make-believe weight check looks every bit as good as any other make-believe weight check. To fix your problem with make-believe magnetic anomalies, just flip the magnet around backwards.

OP
OP
biglizer

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks carl...what do you mean to flip backwards..does magnetic poles in my magnet cause some effects...and what pole should i attach on a potentiometer

OP
OP
biglizer

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks carl...what do you mean to flip backwards..does magnetic poles in my magnet cause some effects...and what pole should i attach on a potentiometer

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are right-handed, you obviously want the South pole of the magnet against the potentiometer.

OP
OP
biglizer

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are right-handed, you obviously want the South pole of the magnet against the potentiometer.
Ok...am using two L rods,what about that caRl..and does magnetic anomaly from iron oxides on a weathering profile have some effects too??

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biglizer, I'm pulling your leg. Just like the people who sold you the load of MFD-LRL nonsense. It's all pretend. Make-believe. Fantasyland. Hooey. It doesn't matter what you do, it ain't gonna work, and you'll spend the rest of your life looking for solutions and making up excuses. Just ask Mike.

OP
OP
biglizer

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biglizer, I'm pulling your leg. Just like the people who sold you the load of MFD-LRL nonsense. It's all pretend. Make-believe. Fantasyland. Hooey. It doesn't matter what you do, it ain't gonna work, and you'll spend the rest of your life looking for solutions and making up excuses. Just ask Mike.
Ok carl,thanks btw

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Take a household light dimmer switch (one with knob on it). Tape a small magnet to one of the green wires. I used a quarter inch square cut from a magnetic business card. You will have to turn the magnet over to learn if you are using the right pole. It is a lot more sensitive than the two I have purcheased...Art

OP
OP
biglizer

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a household light dimmer switch (one with knob on it). Tape a small magnet to one of the green wires. I used a quarter inch square cut from a magnetic business card. You will have to turn the magnet over to learn if you are using the right pole. It is a lot more sensitive than the two I have purcheased...Art
Thanks art...i will work on that

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who you are. What I do know is aRT does not know. So this is a case of the blind leading the blind, aRT having a conversation with himself, I don't know. The old saying "Penny wise and pound foolish" is appropriate here. Get good equipment or don't waste your time. I posted what I have used and yes, Dell gave me one of those potentiometer gizmos, too.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If aRT wants to know he's going to have to make a heartfelt, sincere apology to me for his abuse and harassment. And I don't see that happening until Hell freezes over or he swallows his pride. Not likely either one is going to occur in this lifetime. Hiding behind another alias ain't going to get it. So, end of discussion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
biglizer

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If aRT wants to know he's going to have to make a heartfelt, sincere apology to me for his abuse and harassment. And I don't see that happening until Hell freezes over or he swallows his pride. Not likely either one is going to occur in this lifetime. Hiding behind another alias ain't going to get it. So, end of discussion.
Ok sir...so what was your suggestion about it...there are any improvement to make further from what i have got...i tried to use this as weight check and it works fine..i dont see any problem
And what about my two L-rods + smartphone wont it make good LRL either??....what i have learned about lrl ,it needs a lot of practices and sacrifices and some knowledge of what you are doing.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your make-believe weight check looks every bit as good as any other make-believe weight check. To fix your problem with make-believe magnetic anomalies, just flip the magnet around backwards.
Carl, it is obvious that you do not know the solution to this problem. It is so simple that most people do not see it. First, add another magnet to neutralize the lines of flux. Then simply add a magnet of opposite flux to flip the weight checker. Solved! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread