Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jun 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm, ok... if you say so.

Tellyawhut CL... You sound like a Big Time Treasure Hunter who knows how to run an LRL. How about I'll video YOU using an LRL, and trying to find a gold bar. Then both you & I can completely agree on what the video actually shows.

Does being the owner of the Treasure Find Rods Company TFR-RODS make his opinion more valuable than others? You can see him using his LRL by looking for treasure finder on youtube. Doubt he'll take your offer though.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does being the owner of the Treasure Find Rods Company TFR-RODS make his opinion more valuable than others? You can see him using his LRL by looking for treasure finder on youtube. Doubt he'll take your offer though.

Yikes, I watched the "LRL Science" video, which means to say, I watched 13 and a half minutes of someone's hand holding a dowsing rod. It was pretty cringe-worthy, poor guy could barely put together a coherent sentence. And what he did manage to put together, was utter rubbish. Yeah, I think he'll avoid me.

Jun 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes, I watched the "LRL Science" video, which means to say, I watched 13 and a half minutes of someone's hand holding a dowsing rod. It was pretty cringe-worthy, poor guy could barely put together a coherent sentence. And what he did manage to put together, was utter rubbish. Yeah, I think he'll avoid me.

I had trouble with his locator. He told me I didn't follow instructions. I practiced and then he says micron gold, micron gold always micron gold.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Frog, the alibis for LRL failure are endless. Micron gold is a good fallback excuse. The reality is, they simply don't work, and are often just a money-making scam. Hope you got a refund.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that if they worked as stated by the companies there wouldn't be many if any caches left to find, it would seem you wouldn't need to work anymore just traveling from place to place digging caches all the way. Seems lots of people would make a living doing only that, I would be one of them for sure just look at all the treasure tells from just my state here in Indiana. For every treasure story out there who knows how many more there really are, everybody knows before there were banks in an area people cached their money from fear of being robbed. Then take into account for some of the illness that pretty much wiped out whole towns back in the day and people died before they could tell anyone about them. HH

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm..... Here go the skeptics again. Demanding proof of. Yet not a one of them in a lot of years has answered my question. "Why don't they work?" I've tried 30 of em & they don't work. Why didn't they work? Because you made a statement?

I'm only going to ask one question so we don't have to bear Sheldon er ah Toms 15 pages of "dissecting" my two paragraphs.

Again, Why don't they work?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welding rods really do work, I've used them many times and they work really well for welding metal. I can prove this without a problem, if there's any doubt I'll prove it. HH
One thing I certainly would not say is all LRL's work well. I've said many times learning to use the L-rod is like learning to play golf. And one of the essential skills is to learn some form of meditation. For some reason this is not acceptable to the skeptic mind/soul.

Yeah, a thirty dollar frequency generator and some welding rod has worked for me many times.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, many people think because a rod costs a thousand bucks you can just pick it up and get it to work. Also a very misguided belief that putting a frequency into an L-rod is going to work better. And another one is adding bait (sample) to the frequency. Just goes to show a fancy package (Star Wars case) makes for real good sucker bait.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christopher Hills compared learning to use a rod about the same as learning to play a guitar. I say about the same as learning to play golf. Look at the pros. They make mistakes every round they play. Those guys eat breathe, sleep golf. That what it takes to learn an L-rod.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm..... Here go the skeptics again. Demanding proof of.

Boogey, proofs are for mathematicians and distillers. I'm not asking for proof. Just for one single person to demonstrate to me a working LRL. So far, everyone who has tried, has failed.

Again, Why don't they work?

I think that's a question that should be directed toward the folks who make them. But you would only get an earful of alibis. Micron gold and the like. In any case, it's a lot like asking "Why aren't psychics real?" Because they're fakers. There's really no other answer.

Jun 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Frog, the alibis for LRL failure are endless. Micron gold is a good fallback excuse. The reality is, they simply don't work, and are often just a money-making scam. Hope you got a refund.

No refund and too late for paypal. I contacted the designer of the rod. He is near my family in orlando. He says he cant help with refund but he says I can have another box or generator and some other parts. He said I should read his powerload page. I will visit him before i go home.

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been too busy lately to get back on here and read your crap Carl but I will make a little time for you now.
Like any instrument whether it be a decent metal detector or a plain old guitar,how can you expect to get any results if you dont practice in the field?
How many people fail to find anything but junk with a standard metal detector that you so fiercely promote Carl?]
Your attacks on the Long Range Locators are total biased B.S. Carl,just opinions Carl nothing more. No solid evidence whatsoever from you in what 10 years now on this forum? Your website is totally bogus as all you are showing is nothing but pictures of all these LRL's you have taken apart and your explanations of wired schematics and diagrams which you say dont actually do anything.
You call that evidence?
Since when are opinions and pictures evidence of anything Carl?
My God I cannot believe there are still people on here buying into all your lies and B.S.
The responsibility relies on "your shoulders" to present the evidence that none of the LRL's on your website do absolutely nothing "BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS ATTACKING THEM AND THE MANUFACTURERS" ,YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN PUSHING THIS CAMPAIGN OF YOURS FOR SO MANY YEARS NOW AND ARGUING AND CRITICIZING ANYONE WHO EVEN BRINGS UP THE SUBJECT. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN FUELING ANIMOSITY AND BICKERING AND DISCORD BETWEEN MEMBERS ON HERE AND ALL THE OTHER FORUMS AND ALL THIS DEBATING WITH YOUR AGENDA FOR SO LONG NOW. Nobody even asks your opinion on these forums and you still butt in and stick your nose in other peoples conversations on here who are simply discussing the LRL's or just trying to share information for the benefit of others to learn something new. So enough is enough already Carl, you want to keep promoting your agenda? Then "put up the hard evidence" for all the LRL's that you attack and drag the manufactures names through the mud and try damage there reputation and years of hard work like what you have done to the inventor of the Electroscopes Mr. Thomas Afilani who never did anything to you to deserve all your attacks against him and his 10 years of field research into the development of his instruments.You dont have even one little piece of video evidence in the field that the Electroscopes dont do anything, just your opinions and your schematic diagrams which dont prove crap. Dont you have any honor or decency at all as a human being or you are just so vindictive and disrespectful to others that you just have to keep lying and lying and distorting the truth no matter who it hurts or affects? How do you even live with yourself or look in the mirror every day knowing you have been lying for so long to so many people?
Jesus man you'd think by now your conscious would just be bothering you just a little bit wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boogey, proofs are for mathematicians and distillers. I'm not asking for proof. Just for one single person to demonstrate to me a working LRL. So far, everyone who has tried, has failed.

You sir are the untruthful one with an obvious hidden agenda against the LRL's for many years now and you are the one that has failed "big time" to show any solid evidence that any of the 30 LRL's you have dissected on your website dont do anything.
So quit trying to mislead people with all your lies and B.S. and speak the truth for once.

Last edited:

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Carl Ive got your number and I have no need to avoid you and let people see you for who you really are which is a liar and a dishonest person with a clear-cut agenda against the LRL's. ( even the ones that really do work)
Yeah that "utter rubbish" you are talking about is a hell of alot more evidence that you have ever shown us here Carl with all your unsubstantiated opinions.
The video was a "discussion" explaining some of the science of how these things are working it was not a demonstration video. There are plenty of other demonstration videos available to view on the channel showing that the instruments are working.
Yeah utter rubbish Carl? dont be such a knuckle head and even try to insult anyone's intelligence here with your agenda against the LRL/s. There were links provided to back up the topics discussed in the video presentation or are you going to try and insult my intelligence now by saying that matter is not composed of atoms,protons and neutrons? So you are also going to say that Albert Einstein was also full of crap when he said that matter is vibration made up of energy?
Are you also going to say that radio signals cannot travel for miles? Yeah sure Carl, we are all just ignorant fools that cannot think for ourselves and need to follow your electronics wisdom.

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if/when Carl were to make a video that showed the ones he's tested don't work, you wouldn't accept that anyhow. You'd just say as signal line says :

Eg.: "Wasn't using it right" or "Needs more practice" or "Durned those sunspots anyhow" etc..... So what good will it do if Carl made a video ? None at all. You'd just roll out the reasons to dismiss that too.

Why would the burden of proof be on him to show that they "don't" work? Seems to me that the burden of proof should be on the person who is making the extraordinary claim. Not on the skeptic who doesn't believe. In fact, for Carl to have even TRIED them at all, is commendable. He could have simply stopped at having said "show me". And not even have had to test them personally.

So why don't you allow them to be double blind tested ? And why dismiss the tests that have been done that show that they're nothing more than random chance ? Because you'll simply say that the tests were rigged or unfair in some way. Right ? Or that the users weren't using them right, and need more practice. Right ?
A metal detector can be propped on to a table, turned on to a steady threshold. And 100 randomly chosen people can walk by and wave a quarter in front of the coil. It will beep for all 100 of them. Why can't such a double blind test be done for LRL to show the world that they work ?

Tom,I am not making any claims on here about the LRL'S so I have no need to prove to anyone on here that some ( not all of the LRL's work)
Some of these LRL models have worked well for me for the last 8 years in my prospecting and treasure hunting endeavors and my success with them is good enough evidence for me.
The key to these instruments is practice and learning to interpret what the signals are telling you in the field.
Even with a standard or complex metal detector you still need to practice and practice and learn what the signals and tones are telling you in the field or are you going to say that everyone that goes out and uses a metal detector finds valuables?
The advantages of using the LRL's ( that actually do work) are cutting your searching time in half and avoid spending hours and hours swinging a coil in the field and digging trash and endless shell casings and lead bullets ( which the Minelabs are famous for) How many people have failed to find anything of value with even the most expensive top of the line metal detectors like the Minelabs which can run into the thousands of dollars?
Why arent people complaining now about the over priced Minelabs that are excellent lead and iron nail finders?
The proof of this is just go to Ebay and see all the used "like new" Metal detectors for sale on there that all have the same story which usually says "used for 2 hours" or sacrificing because of an unexpected move or divorce etc,etc.
Before I learned to use some of the LRL's correctly I was one of those guys spending hours and hours in the hot desert sun swinging my $4500 GPX-4000 and digging endless holes with rusted iron nails and lead bullets just hoping that the next swing of that coil would find me a gold nugget just big enough to help pay for some of all the gas and food that it costs me to get out to that barren God forsaken desert.
How come nobody is talking about all of these types of sweaty adventures on here with some of the top of the line Minelab junk metal finders? Why is it that only the LRL's are being criticized? Hmmmmm..... makes you wonder huh?
You would think that for the $9000 Minelab GPZ-7000 that you would be getting at least a trash discriminator for that kind of money but nobody on here is talking about that reality.
Getting on now to the "burden of proof "that you say is not Carls responsibility.
I say it is Carls responsibility and it relies on his shoulders to present the evidence that none of the LRL's on his Geotech website do absolutely nothing "BECAUSE CARL IS THE ONE THAT IS ATTACKING THEM AND THE MANUFACTURERS". HE IS THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN PUSHING THIS CAMPAIGN NOW FOR SO MANY YEARS AND ARGUING AND INSULTING AND CRITICIZING ANYONE WHO EVEN BRINGS UP THE SUBJECT. CARL IS THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN FUELING ANIMOSITY AND BICKERING AND DISCORD BETWEEN MEMBERS ON HERE AND ALL THE OTHER FORUMS AND ALL THIS DEBATING WITH HIS BIASED AGENDA FOR SO LONG NOW.
SO YES CARL NEEDS TO SHOW US THE "GENUINE PROOF" TO PRESENT HIS CASE THAT NONE OF THE 30 INSTRUMENTS HE HAS TAKEN APART "DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" BECAUSE HE IS THE ONE THAT IS PROMOTING ALL OF THAT ON HERE SO HE NEEDS TO TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS AND SLANDERING AND SHOW SOME "HARD EVIDENCE" BESIDES JUST HIS MOUTH AND HIS SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS THAT NONE OF THESE LRLS DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
CARLS OPINIONS AND DIAGRAMS "DO NOT PROVE CONCLUSIVELY WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT" THAT ALL LRL'S MADE IN THE WORLD ARE WORTHLESS SCAMS.
AND UNTIL HE SHOWS US THIS "HARD EVIDENCE" WE CAN ALL JUST ASSUME THE OBVIOUS CONCLUSION ABOUT HIM AND ALL OF HIS DISHONESTY.
END OF THE STORY.

Last edited:

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should it be possible to demonstrate that a gold nugget metal detector is capable of finding gold nuggets?

Yeah,just like it should be possible for you to provide some solid evidence "besides just your mouth" that any one of the 30 LRL's you took apart in your garage do not do anything when used in the field on buried test targets.

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frenchithe frog, the microscopic gold issue is a real problem for many types of LRLs. Especially if this micron gold is in Quartz bearing ground because Quartz is a magnifier and amplifier of signals. Not everyone can use the rods correctly as your body has alot to do with grounding the instrument and each persons energy in their body is different. Learning to use these instruments correctly requires a learning curve and dedicated time in the field,they are not magic wands. Mother Nature throws many curve balls at us that we have to learn how to identify. Just like learning to use a standard metal detector takes lots of practice so do the Long Range instruments.
I will be happy to help you either trade in the instrument for an upgrade or give you a refund if you cannot get the hang of the device as my company tries to be as fair as possible with all customers who have made a purchase and we are not out to rip anyone off.
Contact me either through my website or Youtube channel for a solution.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your long rang locators locate gold and huge treasures why are you promoting and selling them. You should be the richest man on Earth or are you not able to dig up all of those "GHOST TREASURES" you can find with and LRL.

Contactlight

Aug 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your long rang locators locate gold and huge treasures why are you promoting and selling them. You should be the richest man on Earth or are you not able to dig up all of those "GHOST TREASURES" you can find with and LRL.

Im not on here trying to promote any of my equipment as this equipment already speaks for itself in all the customer finds that have been made.
Im on here simply trying to show the truth about Carls long running agenda and his campaign to debunk every single LRL in the world for those who want to see the truth about him.
And what an ignorant statement you are making now that me or anyone else using Long Range Equipment should be rich by now if they really work.
Thats like saying that anyone using a Ground Pentrating Radar or top of the line metal detector should be rich if they really do work as advertised.
The Long Range Locators are simply tools to help speed up search time in the field and avoid countless hours digging worthless trash.
They are not "magic wands" that put treasure in the ground for you to find.
Any experienced treasure hunter knows that searching for real potential treasures requires alot of research,pouring through archives,checking out leads etc etc.
And the treasure has to be really there for you to find it and this can take months of research to try to even validate a potential site.
Most individuals that have buried real treasure throughout history did not leave a map for everyone to just know where to go and find it.
And then you have to hope someone else has not beat you too it already especially if you read about it in a well published book.
So please,think a little better and use a little more common sense and logic before making these types of absurd statements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread