Long Range Locators Work!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to the part about the scientist saw it but did not believe it.

This is a true story: Professional Treasure Hunter/Salvor Art Hartman, (retired) used an L-Rod type LRL of his own making to locate, and recover Treasure on Florida's East Coast. Two Pentagon Scientist came to his home in Ft.Pierce, Fl to investigate the device's potential for detecting Explosives.
Art provided them with a Gold Disc recovered from a Spanish Shipwreck, and suggested they hide it in the County dump. Twice they buried the Gold among the junk at the dump and called Art on his cell phone to come and try to find the Gold among the tons of rubbish. Both times he located and retrieved the Gold Disc in less than 20 minutes.
Later, Art received an official letter from one of the Scientist, stating that he didn't believe what he saw. The Pentagon sent Art a check for $1,000 for expenses to travel to McDill AFB (Tampa) for a day of DB testing the LRL device on Explosives, which Art had no previous experience.
From what I understand, his success rate in detecting Explosives with the device was only 83%. Not good enough to meet stringent US government standards.

Art Hartman (deceased) was a long time friend. He recovered millions of dollars in sunken Spanish treasure on the Florida East coast. His secret for success was an LRL that used 2 L-Rods. I remember one occasion we were filling 5 gallon buckets all day with Spanish silver coins. We were recovering at Corrigan's beach just 30 feet from shore. Dell

22788638_10155254513319811_4145633147519670653_n.jpg

WITNESS: I was not a believer in the device until I witnessed Art employ it successfully. Here is a photo of us around 2004

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Dell, re.: Post # 99 and 100. Yes: Anecdotal stories of finds abound. No question about it.

Signal Line, re.: Post #101, I suspect that the "didn't believe it" was a statement of shock. You know, the venacular where we say "I can't believe he caught that touchdown pass" type of talk.

But that/those scientist(s) probably would have wanted to do more experiments, before saying "yay or nay". To eliminate possible alternative explanations. So that they're not "anecdotal". Same with any phenomenon: They could end up having other explanations. Ie.: you need to do double-blind to remove subtle terrain clues, random chance good guesses, etc...

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell, re.: Post # 99 and 100. Yes: Anecdotal stories of finds abound. No question about it.

Signal Line, re.: Post #101, I suspect that the "didn't believe it" was a statement of shock. You know, the venacular where we say "I can't believe he caught that touchdown pass" type of talk.

But that/those scientist(s) probably would have wanted to do more experiments, before saying "yay or nay". To eliminate possible alternative explanations. So that they're not "anecdotal". Same with a magic trick: They could end up having other explanations. Ie.: you need to do double-blind to remove subtle terrain clues, random chance good guesses, etc...

Yeah, some day I would like to try to configure the Contraption into a pull-along metal detector. It's easier to use at close range like twenty feet hits real good. Like one inch. Longer range like a hundred feet the line is off about six inches. As I say about as accurate as you can aim a pistol. I suspect you don't believe that--I had a hard time myself. Of course i am talking about surface targets. Deeply buried the accuracy is not going to be so good.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... I suspect you don't believe that--I had a hard time myself. .....

I am totally open to the evidence though. And it would need to be more than testimonials. Would need to be double-blind careful controlled experiments.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electronic receiver it beeps when on target. Or when you aim it 90 degrees it makes a hard, very sharp null. All this sounds good but I ain't rich. I've found a few pieces of silver and some gold-plated junk. Maybe this year if things are better. Had eight cancer surgeries last year about drove me crazy, okay it did. Haven't even been out to any promising treasure sites yet.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can find the line with L-rods or even just holding my arms out like a scarecrow. The signal line feels like when you try to force a balloon through a smaller opening--tight fit then once it gets through it's like a small push.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L-rods aren't easy. I saw a Bruce Lee movie he had numchucks and some guy he was fighting saw a discarded pair lying on the ground he picked them up like he could use them. LOL That's probably the best analogy I can give. it takes dedication and tons of practice to reach that Zen-like state where you are not influencing the rods.

"You just can't close your eyes in a solid gold room."

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much feeling okay for now, until the next round--as soon as I go see the doctor again.

I like that line because there really are so many distractions when locating. All sounds so easy...

Oh puke, now I don't feel so good. LOL

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a post on TNET several years ago. They posted photos of a bunch of happy guys in a motel room with several Gold bars & buttons.
Well.·I might as well bring this to this forum-so you can kick it
around,
I would have never believed it if I had not seen it with my own two
eyes" never"" but the gold bars that were found in these pics were found",
and I have to say this under my breath ... yes with a Ohmnitron
somethin or another",Dells unit. ..
and yes the Bill Morgan unit that Bill built for me varified the find,,,
pointed to the same place ....
Believe it or not"" I still don't.. ..but it is true ....
ya just never know .....LOL

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected Gold from my boat in the Bahamas, with an LRL from 300 feet away, and recovered this Gold watch, and a US $5 Gold piece in 20 feet of water, and under 4 feet of Coral & Sand. No metal detector was used. Dell

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be very skeptical about buying an LRL. Electronics people have added a lot of useless Bells & Whistles to legitimize the high cost of their LRL products, and use false, or mis-leading advertising to extract maximum dollars from gullible consumers.

In my opinion, LRL's have little to do with detecting ION PARTICLES. This is an automatic Red flag to be cautious.

I suggest you check out the FREE LRL thread on this page and experiment with this method before you buy. Dell

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that's the problem... a lot of people have told me "it works." I've had the pleasure to meet quite a few of these people, so I say "show me." That's when the trouble starts. They try, but they just can't do it. Even from 10 feet away, even using my 10-ounce gold bar, or whatever target they choose. Bizarre. That's why I asked if you know of an LRL that really works. I've never seen one, and I've seen a lot of 'em.

Well, Under what condition a LRL should be considered "it works" (like you wrote)? Yesterday, I found gold with my LRL, and I'm not a LRL dealer.
IMG_0983.JPG

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Well, Under what condition a LRL should be considered "it works" (like you wrote)?

The condition is: A double-blind test.

As for the gold you found: That would be an anecdotal testimonial find. That could be attributed to other more plausible explanations. Eg.: subtle terrain clues, eventual random odds of digging enough holes in likely spots, using a detector to "pinpoint", etc.....

Yes I realize that the adherents will adamantly deny these other explanations. And will insist the LRL found their goodies. Ok, fine. But then as Carl said: The trouble begins when those persons ever attempt to show that it works . Ie.: Any better than random chance, in actual double blind tests. And then the excuses roll out: Rigged unfair tests, durned sunspots, etc.....

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The condition is: A double-blind test.

As for the gold you found: That would be an anecdotal testimonial find. That could be attributed to other more plausible explanations. Eg.: subtle terrain clues, eventual random odds of digging enough holes in likely spots, using a detector to "pinpoint", etc.....

Yes I realize that the adherents will adamantly deny these other explanations. And will insist the LRL found their goodies. Ok, fine. But then as Carl said: The trouble begins when those persons ever attempt to show that it works . Ie.: Any better than random chance, in actual double blind tests. And then the excuses roll out: Rigged unfair tests, durned sunspots, etc.....

Wait a minute,.....if I find gold much time with my LRL, that fact has to be "APPROVED" by the DOUBLE-BLINS TEST and the PROMOTERS? That is what you said? You're funny with your non-sense test intentions.

You wrote: "Ok, fine. But then as Carl said: The trouble begins when those persons ever attempt to show that it works"

Answer: Why the people have to show you how a LRL works? That's the manufacturer's problem. An LRL works as soon it finds a metal from a distance, the same way a metal detector works as soon detect a metal underground. In this forum has been explained hundred times how a LRL, function generators, and dowsing work. It'd be unnecessary to explain it again. If a LRL doesn't work, I'd say the same about detectors. How many time my detector indicate SILVER, and when I dig, it is a beer can? You and CARL-N definitely have an agenda, and if you're vendors, I understand that agenda. so simple.

If you're paying $10K for that Double blind test, I recommend you be wise and invest that money in something more productive. i.e. Non-profit organization to help others around the world. Meanwhile, stick around here looking at how I keep finding real gold with my LRL.

You're dismissed!

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.D.

I forgot this:

You said: "Eg.: subtle terrain clues, eventual random odds of digging enough holes in likely spots, using a detector to "pinpoint", etc..... " That description is exactly what a metal detector does. Due the LRL does not has pinpoint capabilities, detectors need to pinpoint in a "likely spot" as you said. I believe you need to go to college and enroll in Electricity theories 101 to understand more about physics.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Wait a minute,.....if I find gold much time with my LRL, that fact has to be "APPROVED" by the DOUBLE-BLINS TEST and the PROMOTERS? That is what you said? You're funny with your non-sense test intentions.....

capt. B: The test protocols are agreed upon BY BOTH SIDES. Test standards are not set-only by the testers or skeptics. Hence it would be terms that you (for example) would agree to, ahead of time.

The reason that the test conditions are agreed to by BOTH sides is: For the protection of each side. So that neither side comes back later and cries "foul". So you would not be getting tested in anything that you didn't agree to, as terms, to begin with. What could be more fair than that ?

........How many time my detector indicate SILVER, and when I dig, it is a beer can ....

This is an applies and oranges . Because it is not telling us if the LRL works or not. Whereas the detector can indeed pass the double-blind test 100% of the time. For example: 100 random people off the street wave a quarter or beer can over the coil. And notice that it will beep for all 100 of them.

To which, I'm sure that your answer to that will be that SO TOO does your LRL always work, as well. Ok, fine, then .... if the day ever came when someone showed that in a DBT, the world would beat a path to their door. Instead, all we have is anecdotal stories :(

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Due the LRL does not has pinpoint capabilities, detectors need to pinpoint in a "likely spot" as you said. ...

But herein lies the problem : If you turn on a detector, at any likely spot (ruins, cellar hole, swimming hole, etc....) : Is it a surprise that there'll likely be metal present ? So how do we know the LRL did a durned thing ?

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EDIT: Never mind. I need to stay out of these types of threads. Believers won't be swayed, even in the face of empirical evidence. Have fun LRL-ing!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread