Metal Detecting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
EDIT: Never mind. I need to stay out of these types of threads. Believers won't be swayed, even in the face of empirical evidence. Have fun LRL-ing!!

Wish I knew what you'd posted.

And don't think that "believers" (in LRL or dowsing) will "not be swayed". I think that some of them , will in fact, get a "stone in their shoe" . That makes them start thinking. And I too would like to think that I'm open to evidence. If there were evidence offered (a DBT, for example), I would be the first to be rushing to the store to buy one.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom, Carl, remember when you asked mommy, "Why?", and she answered, "Because I said so"? Why can't you accept these people's answer simply because they "said so"? That's what you (we) are up against here. We must accept the premise these "magic wands" work simply because they "said so" (snicker). TTC

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I knew what you'd posted.

And don't think that "believers" (in LRL or dowsing) will "not be swayed". I think that some of them , will in fact, get a "stone in their shoe" . That makes them start thinking. And I too would like to think that I'm open to evidence. If there were evidence offered (a DBT, for example), I would be the first to be rushing to the store to buy one.

It was pretty concise electronics 101. Short and to the point for each subject. Subjects some of the proponents want the skeptics to study but don't understand themselves lol.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute,.....if I find gold much time with my LRL, that fact has to be "APPROVED" by the DOUBLE-BLINS TEST and the PROMOTERS? That is what you said? You're funny with your non-sense test intentions.

You wrote: "Ok, fine. But then as Carl said: The trouble begins when those persons ever attempt to show that it works"

Answer: Why the people have to show you how a LRL works? That's the manufacturer's problem. An LRL works as soon it finds a metal from a distance, the same way a metal detector works as soon detect a metal underground. In this forum has been explained hundred times how a LRL, function generators, and dowsing work. It'd be unnecessary to explain it again. If a LRL doesn't work, I'd say the same about detectors. How many time my detector indicate SILVER, and when I dig, it is a beer can? You and CARL-N definitely have an agenda, and if you're vendors, I understand that agenda. so simple.

If you're paying $10K for that Double blind test, I recommend you be wise and invest that money in something more productive. i.e. Non-profit organization to help others around the world. Meanwhile, stick around here looking at how I keep finding real gold with my LRL.

You're dismissed!

Now that is truly funny...comparing a real piece of electronics to a LRL.....Its defiantly dismissal time...

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an applies and oranges . Because it is not telling us if the LRL works or not. Whereas the detector can indeed pass the double-blind test 100% of the time. For example: 100 random people off the street wave a quarter or beer can over the coil. And notice that it will beep for all 100 of them.

To which, I'm sure that your answer to that will be that SO TOO does your LRL always work, as well. Ok, fine, then .... if the day ever came when someone showed that in a DBT, the world would beat a path to their door. Instead, all we have is anecdotal stories :sadsanta:

Now that make sense....

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LRL's work on different principles than a conventional metal detector. Totally unrealistic comparison here.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
LRL's work on different principles than a conventional metal detector. Totally unrealistic comparison here.

Well yes. Of course. And you know that engineer people have taken various different ones apart, to see how the wires & diodes work. And found them to be nothing but " spaghetti " . However, the truth-be-told, it's not that they are just jumbled together official looking electronic spaghetti. NNnneeeooo. Instead, it's that those engineer people simply didn't understand the "different principles". :icon_scratch: Ok.

And if they took it out in the field to test it, and found it to be no better than random chance, that too is inconclusive. That only means "they didn't practice long enough". Right ?

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well yes. Of course. And you know that engineer people have taken various different ones apart, to see how the wires & diodes work. And found them to be nothing but " spaghetti " . However, the truth-be-told, it's not that they are just jumbled together official looking electronic spaghetti. NNnneeeooo. Instead, it's that those engineer people simply didn't understand the "different principles". :icon_scratch: Ok.

And if they took it out in the field to test it, and found it to be no better than random chance, that too is inconclusive. That only means "they didn't practice long enough". Right ?

That's because they and by they it usually means Carl forgot to take into consideration that using certain transistors that contain special crystals create scalar or ZPE/OU waves. Never mind the fact they don't actually contain crystals. Russian built tubes are especially powerful scalar wave transmitters. When the average person builds a circuit it can't operate out of it's parameters. But LRLs transcend the normal EE spectrum. They transcend a lot of things. For example rationality.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... When the average person builds a circuit it can't operate out of it's parameters. ....

Aaahhh, but you see: This merely means those persons who studied their working parts, didn't understand the super advanced methods. After all, it was/is "different" principles. Not principles that scientists/engineers are versed in or knowledgeable about. Or ... better yet: We can also resort to "un-discovered science". Tsk tsk.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the average person builds a circuit it can't operate out of it's parameters.

Oh, yes it can....
I've built many circuits, a lot of them did not operate within anticipated parameters, some ended up in smoke..... I've always considered mysefe an average guy :dontknow:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, yes it can....
I've built many circuits, a lot of them did not operate within anticipated parameters, some ended up in smoke..... I've always considered mysefe an average guy :dontknow:

And that's a textbook example of failed circuit. Which operated exactly in it's parameters of letting out the magic smoke lol.

See there Darke ? We can not rely on conventional science & engineering to study these things.

I'm still searching for a full catalog of unconventional components myself. I've heard Hogwarts has an electronics class. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the mocking now.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LRL's are very similar to the geophysical survey equipment. I'll be first to admit L-rods are very hard to learn and most people never get it. Or as I say, It takes more effort and tenacity than a sane person is willing to exert.

The original MFD type equipment that uses a frequency generator and electronic receiver had to have been fashioned after the geophysical equipment, the same thing. When the electronic receivers and computer equipment was eliminated for the L-rods because of cost, complexity and weight, the skeptics went postal. The rods work but nobody wants to take the time to learn the meditation skills that are essential to achieve the Zen-like state. Anything less is just self deception.

Even I after decades of daily practice with the L-rods have basically abandoned them in favor of the electronic receiver. It can detect very small quantities from seventy-five feet away set at the lowest power level. No conventional metal detector can compare. But even that is no where near 100% accurate. At short range of say twenty feet, it can aim at a target about as accurate as aiming a pistol and approach the 100% mark, with a pinpoint about as close as a conventional metal detector can from six inches.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should it be possible to demonstrate that a gold nugget metal detector is capable of finding gold nuggets?
"capable". A detector can find nuggets because it is capable. Does that mean it will? If you hand someone a detector and cut em loose in the middle of a patch and they come up empty handed does that mean the detector doesn't work or does it mean the operator doesn't know how to operate the detector? When YOU got your first detector how'd you do? Did you blame the detector saying it doesn't work or did you use the detector enough to learn how to use it? Wonder how many folks have detectors in their closets or on the yard sale table because "they don't work"? Wow! Funny wondering how many of you folks have gotten a killer deal on the "don't work" detector but by the miracle of learning to use it found tons of goodies.

"Should it be possible to demonstrate that a gold nugget metal detector is capable of finding gold nuggets? Sure Carl anything is possible! Even LRLs & dowsing rods dip needles and pendulums. (beep beep beep) Tom er ahh Sheldons radar just went off! In three two one Here's Sheldon!!!!

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you make a good point, if you can't learn it, or if the gold ain't there, or you can't get access to the site, it's easy to blame the equipment or LRL's in a generalization AKA inductive reasoning. Skeptics and politicians are good at that. Of course on the other side of the coin are the self deceivers who claim map "dowsing" (really it's psychic) abilities. Honestly, a street gypsy fortune teller is more skilled at reading people. Skeptics get confused because the deceivers falsely use the word "dowsing" to describe what it psychic, and make the big generalization that everybody that uses a locator is deceiving themselves.

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as people keep paying me for them I'll keep making them. The high efficiency DDS generators I've been using are more accurate and powerful than the old analog models. Even though I spend more time helping people build their own than I do selling them. The testers that used my newer multiplex crystal rods based off multiwave oscillators were ecstatic. I just like to make sure people see both sides of the equation before putting money on the table.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's a hand-held rod with frequency signal running through it, use at your own risk and expect DNA damage. You can read about it at Konstantine Meyl's Scalar website. His studies show great danger to human health. Your DNA is a receiving antenna.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's a hand-held rod with frequency signal running through it, use at your own risk and expect DNA damage. You can read about it at Konstantine Meyl's Scalar website. His studies show great danger to human health. Your DNA is a receiving antenna.

Every ungrounded piece of metal in the continental US has more frequencies at several 100 times the power of any cheap frequency generator. So by your understanding you'll basically have permanent damage by touching anything ungrounded. Meyls scalar generators are based on the same multiwave oscillator tech as my rods. Except not as poorly built. And I don't claim they can cure anything. And stay away from TENS machines. Those low frequency pulses will kill you lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread