Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 113
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Long Range Locators Work!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #91

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    12,810
    9025 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Contactlight View Post
    .... some LRL's really do work.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Contactlight View Post
    Truth hurts now doesn't it Carl?
    We are still all patiently waiting for your hard evidence backing up your claims against the LRL's.
    ...
    Wait, something is fundamentally wrong here: Why is it his obligations to show they DON'T work ? Isn't it the claimant's obligation to show they DO work ? Seems to me that you've shifted the burden-of-proof.

    And I'd say he's done a pretty good job at showing they don't work. And sure, you can explain-away his findings. You can dispute his methods, blah blah. That's fine. But just saying : The burden of proof ultimately falls on the claimant's shoulders. Sorry
    SeabeeRon likes this.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  2. #92
    us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    138
    64 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Wait, something is fundamentally wrong here: Why is it his obligations to show they DON'T work ? Isn't it the claimant's obligation to show they DO work ? Seems to me that you've shifted the burden-of-proof.

    And I'd say he's done a pretty good job at showing they don't work. And sure, you can explain-away his findings. You can dispute his methods, blah blah. That's fine. But just saying : The burden of proof ultimately falls on the claimant's shoulders. Sorry
    He can't even explain his involvement or the function of with the LRLs he sells. Which is understandable since they were just my dowsing rods and are now poorly made copies. But since he's now claiming he invented and designed all the units you'd think he'd have a better understanding of them. But then considering we emailed each other over 500 times and exchanged 18569 texts since 2012 he'd be able to post a single one that backs up his story lol.

  3. #93
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    36,857
    28288 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Contactlight and Darke, keep your argument off the forum, you want to argue take it to private messenger.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

    2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

    Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

    USAF 1967-1971

    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

    No Expiration Date!

  4. #94
    us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    138
    64 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Contactlight and Darke, keep your argument off the forum, you want to argue take it to private messenger.
    Understood. Consider it dropped.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.

  5. #95
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    36,857
    28288 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Darke View Post
    Understood. Consider it dropped.
    Thank you for dropping it.
    Darke likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

    2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

    Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

    USAF 1967-1971

    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

    No Expiration Date!

  6. #96
    us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    1,486
    619 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Contactlight View Post
    Not to mention that you are retired and being paid the big money by several metal detector manufacturers to keep the mission going.
    Now that you've driven Tesoro out of business, Minelab is running scared. They've tripled my fee to bring you down. I just hope my employer doesn't find out.

    Spar, you have quite the imagination.
    Darke and Tom_in_CA like this.

  7. #97
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    36,857
    28288 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Contactlight, consider this a warning, end your attack on Carl or lose the right to post, your violating our rules.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

    2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

    Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

    USAF 1967-1971

    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

    No Expiration Date!

  8. #98
    us
    Jan 2012
    Haines City, FL
    418
    232 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    A TRUE TREASURE HUNTER
    I had the honor and privileged of working with Ron Eagle De Andre, and Wags Waggoner, on several occasions in the Superstition mountains of Arizona. It was a highlight of my career. as a Treasure Hunter, The Apaches, treated me like a king. I am forever grateful. Dell

    Darke and seasiat7 like this.
    "The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed or prejudiced mind" Dell

  9. #99
    us
    Jan 2012
    Haines City, FL
    418
    232 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This is a true story: Professional Treasure Hunter/Salvor Art Hartman, (retired) used an L-Rod type LRL of his own making to locate, and recover Treasure on Florida's East Coast. Two Pentagon Scientist came to his home in Ft.Pierce, Fl to investigate the device's potential for detecting Explosives.
    Art provided them with a Gold Disc recovered from a Spanish Shipwreck, and suggested they hide it in the County dump. Twice they buried the Gold among the junk at the dump and called Art on his cell phone to come and try to find the Gold among the tons of rubbish. Both times he located and retrieved the Gold Disc in less than 20 minutes.
    Later, Art received an official letter from one of the Scientist, stating that he didn't believe what he saw. The Pentagon sent Art a check for $1,000 for expenses to travel to McDill AFB (Tampa) for a day of DB testing the LRL device on Explosives, which Art had no previous experience.
    From what I understand, his success rate in detecting Explosives with the device was only 83%. Not good enough to meet stringent US government standards.

    Art Hartman (deceased) was a long time friend. He recovered millions of dollars in sunken Spanish treasure on the Florida East coast. His secret for success was an LRL that used 2 L-Rods. I remember one occasion we were filling 5 gallon buckets all day with Spanish silver coins. We were recovering at Corrigan's beach just 30 feet from shore. Dell



    WITNESS: I was not a believer in the device until I witnessed Art employ it successfully. Here is a photo of us around 2004



































































    Last edited by Dell Winders; Jan 14, 2019 at 10:30 PM.
    seasiat7 likes this.
    "The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed or prejudiced mind" Dell

  10. #100
    us
    Jan 2012
    Haines City, FL
    418
    232 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    A Jewelry maker in Hiddenite, NC, reported finding a 50 pound chunk of Aqua Marine, at 9 feet deep while searching for Emerald with a Dell Systems Omnitron MFD. The MFD (LRL) is programmed with a sub-harmonic frequency for the chemical element Beryllium. Emerald, Aquamarine and Golden Beryl, are all members of the Beryl family of Gemstones and all will be detected without distinction using the same frequency. Dell
    seasiat7 and signal_line like this.
    "The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed or prejudiced mind" Dell

  11. #101
    us
    Nov 2011
    2,146
    561 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I can relate to the part about the scientist saw it but did not believe it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
    This is a true story: Professional Treasure Hunter/Salvor Art Hartman, (retired) used an L-Rod type LRL of his own making to locate, and recover Treasure on Florida's East Coast. Two Pentagon Scientist came to his home in Ft.Pierce, Fl to investigate the device's potential for detecting Explosives.
    Art provided them with a Gold Disc recovered from a Spanish Shipwreck, and suggested they hide it in the County dump. Twice they buried the Gold among the junk at the dump and called Art on his cell phone to come and try to find the Gold among the tons of rubbish. Both times he located and retrieved the Gold Disc in less than 20 minutes.
    Later, Art received an official letter from one of the Scientist, stating that he didn't believe what he saw. The Pentagon sent Art a check for $1,000 for expenses to travel to McDill AFB (Tampa) for a day of DB testing the LRL device on Explosives, which Art had no previous experience.
    From what I understand, his success rate in detecting Explosives with the device was only 83%. Not good enough to meet stringent US government standards.

    Art Hartman (deceased) was a long time friend. He recovered millions of dollars in sunken Spanish treasure on the Florida East coast. His secret for success was an LRL that used 2 L-Rods. I remember one occasion we were filling 5 gallon buckets all day with Spanish silver coins. We were recovering at Corrigan's beach just 30 feet from shore. Dell



    WITNESS: I was not a believer in the device until I witnessed Art employ it successfully. Here is a photo of us around 2004



































































    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

    My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

    Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

    May you never take one single breath for granted.

  12. #102

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    12,810
    9025 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Dell, re.: Post # 99 and 100. Yes: Anecdotal stories of finds abound. No question about it.

    Signal Line, re.: Post #101, I suspect that the "didn't believe it" was a statement of shock. You know, the venacular where we say "I can't believe he caught that touchdown pass" type of talk.

    But that/those scientist(s) probably would have wanted to do more experiments, before saying "yay or nay". To eliminate possible alternative explanations. So that they're not "anecdotal". Same with any phenomenon: They could end up having other explanations. Ie.: you need to do double-blind to remove subtle terrain clues, random chance good guesses, etc...
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Jan 15, 2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  13. #103
    us
    Nov 2011
    2,146
    561 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Dell, re.: Post # 99 and 100. Yes: Anecdotal stories of finds abound. No question about it.

    Signal Line, re.: Post #101, I suspect that the "didn't believe it" was a statement of shock. You know, the venacular where we say "I can't believe he caught that touchdown pass" type of talk.

    But that/those scientist(s) probably would have wanted to do more experiments, before saying "yay or nay". To eliminate possible alternative explanations. So that they're not "anecdotal". Same with a magic trick: They could end up having other explanations. Ie.: you need to do double-blind to remove subtle terrain clues, random chance good guesses, etc...
    Yeah, some day I would like to try to configure the Contraption into a pull-along metal detector. It's easier to use at close range like twenty feet hits real good. Like one inch. Longer range like a hundred feet the line is off about six inches. As I say about as accurate as you can aim a pistol. I suspect you don't believe that--I had a hard time myself. Of course i am talking about surface targets. Deeply buried the accuracy is not going to be so good.
    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

    My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

    Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

    May you never take one single breath for granted.

  14. #104

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    12,810
    9025 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    ... I suspect you don't believe that--I had a hard time myself. .....
    I am totally open to the evidence though. And it would need to be more than testimonials. Would need to be double-blind careful controlled experiments.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  15. #105
    us
    Nov 2011
    2,146
    561 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Electronic receiver it beeps when on target. Or when you aim it 90 degrees it makes a hard, very sharp null. All this sounds good but I ain't rich. I've found a few pieces of silver and some gold-plated junk. Maybe this year if things are better. Had eight cancer surgeries last year about drove me crazy, okay it did. Haven't even been out to any promising treasure sites yet.
    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

    My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

    Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

    May you never take one single breath for granted.

 

 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Why does no one believe in Long Range locators?
    By EllasMotherLoadTreasure in forum Long Range Locators
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: Dec 12, 2015, 10:11 PM
  2. Long range electroscopes (do they work)
    By Kamorle in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep 09, 2015, 01:24 PM
  3. Anybody use Deepfinders long Range locators ?
    By look in forum Long Range Locators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2015, 08:31 PM
  4. Long Range Locators
    By pebble in forum Long Range Locators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 28, 2014, 09:44 AM

Search tags for this page

long range locator

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0