All Treasure Hunting

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say put the transmitter on the ground and don't run it though the rod. Even then, avoid getting close to it. You can use a bent piece of welding rod for the L-rod.

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say put the transmitter on the ground and don't run it though the rod. Even then, avoid getting close to it. You can use a bent piece of welding rod for the L-rod.

The signal generators are meant for ground probe use. But they're also compatible with the rods but that's up to the owner to decide how to use them. The units for rod use are multiwave based using the same scalar principles Meyl uses since we both adapted from the same designs.

You know TENS units are square wave signal generators right? Without output of 100 to 120 volts. Give me a few minutes and couple capacitors and I can turn a 555 timer based LRL into a functional TENS unit. You should look up 30hz healing frequencies which Meyl himself has endorsed in the past. And he also had discussed the healing resonance properties.

As I said before all metal is a rudimentary antenna. It will cancel or block out some frequencies depending on it shape and vicinity to others e.g. a Faraday cage. But if you become the ground you also become the receiver. Therefore in Meyls scenario all metal is dangerous because you'll create resonance the same as holding the rod. And just static can increase the received voltage well over 2 volts.

Disclaimer *The above is attempt to average real world physics with pseudoscience. Please use accordingly.*

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Tom won't be answering. He was time-outed. Because it seems that answers to your "just need more practice" reasoning, is considered argumentative. "

Please keep comments on banned members out of the forums per our rules.

"Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal"..

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Carl-NC
Should it be possible to demonstrate that a gold nugget metal detector is capable of finding gold nuggets?

"capable". A detector can find nuggets because it is capable.

That was last year's question.

This year's question is, "If you want to determine whether a particular metal detector is capable of detecting gold nuggets, how would you do it?"

There will be a follow-on question next year.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was last year's question.

This year's question is, "If you want to determine whether a particular metal detector is capable of detecting gold nuggets, how would you do it?"

There will be a follow-on question next year.
Hmm... Lessee...... I'd let Carl use the machine for a little while and when he poo poos it and Tom er ahh Sheldon writes a ten page dissertation with a ten+ page debate I'd buy one and it should be more than evident to the whole scientific community even the Great Randi it is capable even without swinging it. Not that hard..........

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gallileo60,signal line is correct.if you only knew how easy it is to locate with LRL using ancient methonds with basic scientific principles that you could understand as I have studied it for over 25 years and using it in the field all the time with great success.There is a secret of what principals you have to apply for success in the field anywhere in the World .

smdog66

Jan 26, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Thomas model years ago, it could not find a ray of sun, here in the Arizona desert. I returned it. JUNK

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smdog66,you should,t have done that because it worked great with buried treasure.But when used with a special transmitter to easily locate your gold or silver targets.

pinio1965

Aug 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TFR-1 TFR-2 what is your opinion

Justaman, I own over 30 LRLs and tested them all, plus some. Every last one of them is a joke, so I'd be curious as to which LRL you believe actually works.

Hello Carl and other users.

You write that you had over 30 Lrls.
Could you name the models you tested and didn't work for you?

Have you had one of the TFR series from John of Idaho?
I'm interested in whether this Lrl also doesn't work.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best regards from Belgium - pinio1965

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Carl and other users.

You write that you had over 30 Lrls.
Could you name the models you tested and didn't work for you?

Have you had one of the TFR series from John of Idaho?
I'm interested in whether this Lrl also doesn't work.

Here is an old list of what I have & have tested:

https://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports/list.dat

There are a few more that are not on the list.

The fundamental concept does not work, so it really doesn't matter which LRL you look at. And if you believe the concept does work, then it really doesn't matter which LRL you buy. Though I haven't specifically tested the TFR, it will not work as well as any other. And by "John," I suppose you mean Spar Giedeman, his real name. If you've read the rest of this thread the posts by "Contactlight" are actually from Mr. Giedeman. If that's the kind of guy you want to deal with, then I urge you to send him some money. You have an education coming.

Last edited:
N

NinjaT

Here is an old list of what I have & have tested:

https://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports/list.dat

There are a few more that are not on the list.

The fundamental concept does not work, so it really doesn't matter which LRL you look at. And if you believe the concept does work, then it really doesn't matter which LRL you buy. Though I haven't specifically tested the TFR, it will not work as well as any other. And by "John," I suppose you mean Spar Giedeman, his real name. If you've read the read of this thread the posts by "Contactlight" are actually from Mr. Giedeman. If that's the kind of guy you want to deal with, then I urge you to send him some money. You have an education coming.

I agree with you Carl. All the lights and gauges only serve the user by giving them the confidence needed to use such an instrument as a dowsing device. They are just dowsing rods, with flashing lights to trick your mind in to thinking its an effective instrument. Just bend some copper rods in to L-rods and you will have the same exact results, if you believe.

But for whatever reason, its hard for me to have the same confidence in these single handed swivel like rods as I do a plain set of copper L-rods. As a result they don't work very well for me. But one time I saw one being used on a site where there were known gold deposits. The thing was really doing something and honestly I was amazed by it. Once I saw how it was working I had belief in it. Then I tried it for myself. The thing was reacting strongly to some kind of unseen field. No doubt about it. 100%

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what i call preconceived notions and you are asking a skeptic to confirm it. You're wise to read that book, but you got a lot learn. Remember what I said about getting misinformation off the internet. Huge mistake!

I don't even expect you to understand and I'm not here to try and convince you about LRL's. When you have the negative thinking you are going to end up like every other close-minded skeptic who can't dowse or use an LRL.

Last edited:
N

NinjaT

This is what i call preconceived notions and you are asking a skeptic to confirm it. You're wise to read that book, but you got a lot learn. Remember what I said about getting misinformation off the internet. Huge mistake!

I don't even expect you to understand and I'm not here to try and convince you about LRL's. When you have the negative thinking you are going to end up like every other close-minded skeptic who can't dowse or use an LRL.

I believe in the frequency based stuff and I believe there is a actual physical reaction taking place. Just not the gadget like swivel handle LRLs. They are just fancy dowsing rods. They work if you believe they do. But the electronics inside them are meaningless. I could be wrong... You're right in saying I have a lot to learn

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much every dowsing device is in fact an LRL, some much cruder than others.

As Hills says,

"The diviner's implements and tools are no better than the diviner him(her)self in exactly the same way that a carpenter's skill is not inherent in the chisels he uses.

On the other hand, however great a carpenter is he cannot drill a half-inch hole with a one inch bit."

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody wanting to learn, man, you just get hit from all sides. One side you got the skeptics on the other side you got people who don't want you to learn. They are sneaky about it and feed the misinformation with the hopes you will get frustrated and just give up. One of the big lies is that it is easy to learn. Another one is you have to be "gifted".

You won't learn without some basic form of meditation to reach a Zen-like state. just simple breathing exercise like The Great Yoga breath, where you slowly inhale through your nose to the count of five and slowly exhale to the count of five. Follow your breath in and don't think of anything else. Do this twice a day for twenty to thirty minutes for about eight weeks before expecting any results. Most people are way too impatient and think they should be able to learn in a couple days or weeks. And of course the actual daily dowsing practice and feedback. Toss a target in your yard and then go find it.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course when someone says "It's easy to learn, you don't need meditation." it is human nature to take the easy path. But that's the path of failure. In case you don't know, almost no one gets it this way. Sure, a lot of people THINK they have learned but once in the field they fall flat on their face. Follow every word Hills says and you got a real chance.

Last edited:

innotop

Feb 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I'm publishing all all the TFR open source project on my site anyway if figured people might either get a kick out this or they can try it out themselves. This is the TFR-2 master box and the Hieronymus amplifier copy I built for Spar to make copies of. He is changing the amplifier because this one is too difficult to build(sigh) and shorts out. And the original plans. Anyone should be able to realize why they were unusable. If you do build one please do not wind the bait chamber coil like that. The board on the back panel was just to allow easy soldering of all the negative wires and resistor to the batteries. Edit: Forgot to mention this a completely metaphysical device. I'd refer to it as an enhanced dowsing device.
View attachment 1623146 View attachment 1623147 View attachment 1623148 View attachment 1623149

Hi,did you get this circuit to work? I made one and tested it with a sine generator in and a purpose out but I get very noisy output. Usually the jfets need at least some resistances on the drain and source but here I see that there are none. Thanks for your help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread