FREE LRL?

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FREE LRL?

Because there is no monetary gain, this post should dispel all critics objections.

Treasure Hunters are paying thousands of dollars unnecessarily for Frequency Discrimination, (MFD) Long Range Locator (LRL) when they may already own one. Your Cell (smart) phone, or tablet, makes an excellent Frequency Discrimination LRL.

It's easy. Just download any Free Frequency Generator app to your Cell phone, or tablet.
An example can be found by clicking on one of these URL, and download to your cell phone, or tablet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

Online Tone Generator - generate pure tones of any frequency

There are a number of sub harmonic frequencies that can be used to discriminate and detect an element. You can experiment to find the ones that suit you best. I will start you off with a few frequencies to experiment with.

GOLD 222 hz
SILVER 335 hz
COPPER 500 hz
LEAD 803 hz
TIN 710 hz

IRON 534 hz
EMERALD 1.286 hz
DIAMOND 673 hz

INSTRUCTIONS: Set the app to your desired frequency with full volume for maximum distance. The volume control can also be used as Weight Check, to compare against a known size test target. Rest your cell phone flat on any object below waist high. Wait 1 minute, and then began your scan using either one, or two L-Rods. Two L-Rods will provide more information about your target. If you already use a swivel handle LRL such as Electroscope, and others you can use it to trace the discriminated Signal line of your Cell phone to the target. DON'T turn the Power Switch of your hand held LRL on. Leave it in the "Off" position.

A lot of information can be gained about a buried target with a Frequency Generator, and a pair of L-Rods, but the secret is in learning to correctly interpret the reactions of the L-Rods. I will be adding 4 pages of instructions using the L-Rods to my own forum later. If I am permitted, I will post the link on this TNET forum?

USING L-RODS:
this exercise will help to get you started until I can get the instructions posted. I assume you already have, and use a set of L-rods? I know it is cold in Utah, but that is not a problem, you can practice indoors and even go barefooted if you wish..

Place a test target on the floor 10-15 feet from your tablet.

Turn on your FG app and set the frequency, use full volume.

With the L-rods angled inward at the tips, and ancled down to the ground at least 15 degrees (this is important) start 10 feet, or more from the potential Signal Line and walk across between the smart phone, or tablet and the test target.

When the rods cross, Stop. The invisible Signal Line, should ideally be running from the tablet , thru the front of your heels, to the test target. Watch at what point the
Rods begin to cross and learn to stop where the Signal line passes thru the front of the heels.

Don't restrict the rods from crossing. When you start to see a reaction, release physical control of the rods. This will require practice but will come naturally.

Before you start walking again, always open the Rods and reset your walking position.

Forget what you have learned about Dowsing. This is a physics application of the L-rods that you do NOT want to mentally control. Blank your mind and don't anticipate, or expect any reaction. If anything happens, let it happen naturally without conscious thought.

If this is a new learning experience you will enjoy when you start to get results. Relax while practicing. Have fun with it. Dell

REVIEWS:
Thank you Mr. Dell Winders

I downloaded this app, and I tried it. It's work super perfect. It doesn't detect micro particular of quartz or gold. However, my V.R. Omni Series system II detect those nasty micro particular of gold into quartz. I will reset the 555 micro in a proper frequency in order to avoid undesired target.
What I'm going to do is to measure the HZ of the 555 to find out if it work in khz or Mhz. I got a list of frequencies posted by aarthrj3811 on Treasurenet. That list is in Mhz. All depend what is the circumstance I find out in the VR Omni.

Here is a link for Hrz and other conversion.

http://www.theunitconverter.com/.../5044-hertz-to.. Dell

QUESTION: Sir, it is truly amazing that L-rods + free frequency generator,i have tried to target known target and point it correctly...thanks very much...my questions is ,can i point a target without make a noise in my app,how can i know the depth of
my target?

ANSWER: Unfortunately, you can't lower the sound on the Cell Phone without lowering the signal strength. I haven't tested other frequencies for comparability with the Cell Phone circuit. What frequencies are you interested in? When I get time I will explain on the forum how to determine target depth. I am glad you are having results with your cell phone. Dell

QUESTION: I have been trying 222Hz..It seems to work perfectly,my other question is how to measure the weight of the target....As u said before 222 HZ is a narrow window for gold...i will be glad to know how to make an easy weight check that can be compatible with my l-rods + smartphone....

At present, my knowledge of Weight Chek, is proprietary and I can't disclose that information. Dell

Last edited:
J

Justaman

Anyone know if diamond has a subharmonic frequency and what it is?

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know if diamond has a subharmonic frequency and what it is?

I have added more test frequencies to the post, including Diamond. 673 hz

For those who are experimenting the cell phone LRL method, please write a short review and share your experience with us. Many Thanks, Dell

J

Justaman

So far the frequency generator method has perfectly confirmed every positive target I dowsed previously with only L-rods. My question is, can this method also be used to eliminate false positives for old iron? Also, if I were to hook speakers up to my cell phone and place them right next to the phone to increase the volume of the frequency generator, would that also increase signal strength and expand my search area? Thanks

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you are having satisfaction with your Free LRL. Thank you for sharing.

Adding volume might work to increase the range, but I doubt if your neighbors, or animals would appreciate it, plus it is not practical to trace signals great distances. Your present set up is probably good for a 100-150 foot range, 360 degrees Even more if you broadcast the signal for 15-20 minutes. It is best to conduct your search for short distances and move your cell phone with you as you search farther.

Regarding Iron, here is the question, and my reply copied from another thread:
QUESTION:
[h=2]Iron interference with gold frequency when using MFD[/h]
When using my MFD it seems there are interference of iron or iron oxide in weathering profile with gold frequency...can somebody know how to eliminate this problem...or there is specific frequency to target ony gold without interference
Thanks again

ANSWER:

Your MFD may be detecting Gold. Prior to 1965 the refining process was not as efficient as it is today. If the Iron Ore was dug in a Gold bearing area, it is possible that micron Gold particles are embedded in the Iron you are finding?

Your problem is common in LRLs. If you are using L-Rods, lower the tips of the Rods at least 15 degrees toward the ground. This reduces the sensitivity and may help. But, the only way I have found to solve this problem is using a Weight Chek accessory. Dell​

farozlu

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best dell
I'm new to this form.
I tried the app with connecting to the phone outlet
Aux cable to connect to lrods
Do you have experience with that?
How does the signal generator work with sweep system

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
farozlu, welcome to this forum. From your description, I don't understand what you are doing? Connecting the L-Rods directly the phone would be of no benefit. Use the L-Rods separately as a receiver of the Signal Line. Dell

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030. Minelab 705, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell , put the signal generator you use on here

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FREE LRL?

Because there is no monetary gain, this post should dispel all critics objections.

Treasure Hunters are paying thousands of dollars unnecessarily for Frequency Discrimination, (MFD) Long Range Locator (LRL) when they may already own one. Your Cell (smart) phone, or tablet, makes an excellent Frequency Discrimination LRL.

It's easy. Just download any Free Frequency Generator app to your Cell phone, or tablet.
An example can be found by clicking on one of these URL, and download to your cell phone, or tablet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

Online Tone Generator - generate pure tones of any frequency

There are a number of sub harmonic frequencies that can be used to discriminate and detect an element. You can experiment to find the ones that suit you best. I will start you off with a few frequencies to experiment with.

GOLD 222 hz
SILVER 335 hz
COPPER 500 hz
LEAD 803 hz
TIN 710 hz

IRON 534 hz
EMERALD 1.286 hz
DIAMOND 673 hz

INSTRUCTIONS: Set the app to your desired frequency with full volume for maximum distance. The volume control can also be used as Weight Check, to compare against a known size test target. Rest your cell phone flat on any object below waist high. Wait 1 minute, and then began your scan using either one, or two L-Rods. Two L-Rods will provide more information about your target. If you already use a swivel handle LRL such as Electroscope, and others you can use it to trace the discriminated Signal line of your Cell phone to the target. DON'T turn the Power Switch of your hand held LRL on. Leave it in the "Off" position.

A lot of information can be gained about a buried target with a Frequency Generator, and a pair of L-Rods, but the secret is in learning to correctly interpret the reactions of the L-Rods. I will be adding 4 pages of instructions using the L-Rods to my own forum later. If I am permitted, I will post the link on this TNET forum?

USING L-RODS:
this exercise will help to get you started until I can get the instructions posted. I assume you already have, and use a set of L-rods? I know it is cold in Utah, but that is not a problem, you can practice indoors and even go barefooted if you wish..

Place a test target on the floor 10-15 feet from your tablet.

Turn on your FG app and set the frequency, use full volume.

With the L-rods angled inward at the tips, and ancled down to the ground at least 15 degrees (this is important) start 10 feet, or more from the potential Signal Line and walk across between the smart phone, or tablet and the test target.

When the rods cross, Stop. The invisible Signal Line, should ideally be running from the tablet , thru the front of your heels, to the test target. Watch at what point the
Rods begin to cross and learn to stop where the Signal line passes thru the front of the heels.

Don't restrict the rods from crossing. When you start to see a reaction, release physical control of the rods. This will require practice but will come naturally.

Before you start walking again, always open the Rods and reset your walking position.

Forget what you have learned about Dowsing. This is a physics application of the L-rods that you do NOT want to mentally control. Blank your mind and don't anticipate, or expect any reaction. If anything happens, let it happen naturally without conscious thought.

If this is a new learning experience you will enjoy when you start to get results. Relax while practicing. Have fun with it. Dell

REVIEWS:
Thank you Mr. Dell Winders

I downloaded this app, and I tried it. It's work super perfect. It doesn't detect micro particular of quartz or gold. However, my V.R. Omni Series system II detect those nasty micro particular of gold into quartz. I will reset the 555 micro in a proper frequency in order to avoid undesired target.
What I'm going to do is to measure the HZ of the 555 to find out if it work in khz or Mhz. I got a list of frequencies posted by aarthrj3811 on Treasurenet. That list is in Mhz. All depend what is the circumstance I find out in the VR Omni.

Here is a link for Hrz and other conversion.

http://www.theunitconverter.com/.../5044-hertz-to.. Dell

QUESTION: Sir, it is truly amazing that L-rods + free frequency generator,i have tried to target known target and point it correctly...thanks very much...my questions is ,can i point a target without make a noise in my app,how can i know the depth of
my target?

ANSWER: Unfortunately, you can't lower the sound on the Cell Phone without lowering the signal strength. I haven't tested other frequencies for comparability with the Cell Phone circuit. What frequencies are you interested in? When I get time I will explain on the forum how to determine target depth. I am glad you are having results with your cell phone. Dell

QUESTION: I have been trying 222Hz..It seems to work perfectly,my other question is how to measure the weight of the target....As u said before 222 HZ is a narrow window for gold...i will be glad to know how to make an easy weight check that can be compatible with my l-rods + smartphone....

At present, my knowledge of Weight Chek, is proprietary and I can't disclose that information. Dell

bump

G

gudfruit7

Good info

This was an excellent post by Dell Winders. I can confirm for everyone based on personal experience that the method he described actually works and can be a very handy (and cheap) technological way to confirm anything that you have dowsed mentally. I've been able to confirm this with three separate devices. One of which was a very high-end $13k piece of equipment used by a different person who had no prior knowledge of the originally dowsed targets. I would however like to point out one thing that was discovered with the high-end device. Don't expect the "FREE LRL" method to work on anything deeper than 50 feet. You will not get a signal on even very large items. If you are attempting to locate items deeper that 50 feet then dropping the extra cash on a high-powered long range locator might be necessary. The $13k equipment was a frequency generator with L-rods that also had a deep ground penetrating radar built-in. So I suspect you could get away with spending a couple grand or so on a frequency generator alone if you didn't want to spend the extra money for the 3D imager. Just an fyi. GL

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
If you're relying on an audible tone, ask yourself the following questions:

What DAC chip is your phone using? Your app is generating a digital signal, but speakers need analog input to function. The DAC (digital to analog converter) converts digital information to analog output, just as the name implies. If you consider what actually happens during this process, it's easy to see that this can't be done perfectly. There are good and not-so-good ways to do this, but none of them are perfect. The chip in your phone was selected in order to meet a price point, and not because extreme accuracy is required. In fact, when the specifications for your phone were drafted, it was most likely assumed (accurately in my opinion) that any listening would be done via inexpensive ear buds or the phone's speakers. Given the poor fidelity of these outputs, high signal fidelity would not be noticed in the first place. So why bother with the added cost of a good DAC for accurate sound? Spoiler: they didn't.

What speakers are in your phone? Again, there are good and not-so-good ways to reproduce sound. There is a reason why the speakers in your home theater system are not the same as the ones in your phone, and it's not because the ones in your phone do the job better. If you're like me, you will put up with the external speakers if you have to, but you will use even $5 ear buds at the first opportunity because those speakers sound like garbage. That garbage sound is not the result of accurate reproduction. It's the result of garbage reproduction.

Does a good (or even mediocre) sound system sound more or less accurate than your phone when playing music? Why is that? (I explained above.)

If your phone is not producing sounds accurately, are they even necessary for LRL?

If the "theory" behind LRL requires tones, but you're not actually playing those tones, does the theory still work?

If the theory does not work, what is actually happening here?

G

gudfruit7

If you're relying on an audible tone, ask yourself the following questions:

What DAC chip is your phone using? Your app is generating a digital signal, but speakers need analog input to function. The DAC (digital to analog converter) converts digital information to analog output, just as the name implies. If you consider what actually happens during this process, it's easy to see that this can't be done perfectly. There are good and not-so-good ways to do this, but none of them are perfect. The chip in your phone was selected in order to meet a price point, and not because extreme accuracy is required. In fact, when the specifications for your phone were drafted, it was most likely assumed (accurately in my opinion) that any listening would be done via inexpensive ear buds or the phone's speakers. Given the poor fidelity of these outputs, high signal fidelity would not be noticed in the first place. So why bother with the added cost of a good DAC for accurate sound? Spoiler: they didn't.

What speakers are in your phone? Again, there are good and not-so-good ways to reproduce sound. There is a reason why the speakers in your home theater system are not the same as the ones in your phone, and it's not because the ones in your phone do the job better. If you're like me, you will put up with the external speakers if you have to, but you will use even $5 ear buds at the first opportunity because those speakers sound like garbage. That garbage sound is not the result of accurate reproduction. It's the result of garbage reproduction.

Does a good (or even mediocre) sound system sound more or less accurate than your phone when playing music? Why is that? (I explained above.)

If your phone is not producing sounds accurately, are they even necessary for LRL?

If the "theory" behind LRL requires tones, but you're not actually playing those tones, does the theory still work?

If the theory does not work, what is actually happening here?

I hear what you're saying and agree that the frequencies can't be perfect. But there's a reason why I believe the phone app (and built in speakers) are actually working up to a certain degree as an LRL. The signal lines that are being produced between the targets and my phone when using the frequency generator app are purely technological and are not being somehow manifested by my mind. My rods cross over the signal lines whether I'm thinking about gold, ice cream or nothing at all. Something to note about the guy I hired to come scan with his high-end detector that also included L-rods and a frequency generator... He can't dowse. He has never been able to dowse. He held my plain ole copper tube L-rods and was embarrassed when they didn't react to anything at all. When I held them, he was impressed to see them come alive according to my commands. The fact that the very same signal lines and targets that I located using this FG app were located by expensive equipment used by someone with zero dowsing ability tells you something.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
My rods cross over the signal lines whether I'm thinking about gold, ice cream or nothing at all. Something to note about the guy I hired to come scan with his high-end detector that also included L-rods and a frequency generator... He can't dowse. He has never been able to dowse. He held my plain ole copper tube L-rods and was embarrassed when they didn't react to anything at all. When I held them, he was impressed to see them come alive according to my commands. The fact that the very same signal lines and targets that I located using this FG app were located by expensive equipment used by someone with zero dowsing ability tells you something.

Did you know where the target was ahead of time?

G

gudfruit7

What was he using to find them?

I'm not sure its aloud for me to give you the exact name of the device. But it was a device that combined an LRL (frequency generator) and L-rods with a ground penetrating radar. The way it worked is he set the frequency generator to the desired frequency then put it on the ground and waited for a few minutes. Then walked around the FG in a circle holding the L-rods. When they cross, you have found a signal line going from the FG to the buried item. After finding the same signal lines I had found with the free phone app (+ one item that was estimated to be about 80 ft deep that I had not located using the phone app) we then confirmed the targets using the ground penetrating radar. The LRL was set to the gold frequency and the radar produced a 3D image of something with seemingly right degree angles and was color coded as being a very dense object. Of course we don't know for sure what the target actually is until we dig it up. I was just pointing out that the thirteen thousand dollar technology produced the same result as the free phone app (and my mental dowsing) minus the deeper item. So indeed the free phone app is worth a download for anyone trying to locate treasure up to 50 feet deep.

Last edited:
G

gudfruit7

Here's a link to the exact detector he used, perhaps it will be deleted. I'm not sure what the policy is. [(Deleted by mod, can't post links to non supporting vendors)

Last edited by a moderator:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what they call those MP3 type amplifier/speaker but easy enough to hook one up to a frequency generator.

I don't know if anyone remembers when I hooked a sub-woofer to a F.G. and ran low freqs. LOL The whole area shook so much I couldn't really concentrate on using the L-rods. And it got really hot in no time.

Anything with an L-rod type directional locator is heavily dependent on operator skill and mental state/stability, i.e. ability to reach meditative state.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all new to me and I have barely a clue what you guys are talking about, but Im finding it fascinating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions