I am tempted to try

vushe

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am here in Zimbabwe. During the early colonial times, a King Lobengula, sensing that the colonial forces were about to uverrun his kingdom, went on a long secretive journey with wagons reportedly loaded with gold, diamonds and ivory. He is supposed to have buried it somewhere. He is rumoured to have killed all who had taken part in the expedition, except maybe one or two close faithfuls. Unless somebody has already found and kept their mouth shut, that treasure lies buried somewhere. I dream of going looking for it. Thats why I hope there is some truth in these long range deep gold detectors, especially the latest ones, with ionic and radar throwing antennae etc. Do some of them work? Or what do I need?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vushe, if you want to pretend to be a Big Time Treasure Hunter then an LRL is exactly what you need. It will allow you to have all kinds of make-believe adventures you can tell your kids and grandkids. You won't actually find anything, but you'll have a lot of fun pretending.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yushe, be very skeptical about buying an LRL. Electronics people have added a lot of useless Bells & Whistles to legitimize the high cost of their LRL products, and use false, or mis-leading advertising to extract maximum dollars from gullible consumers.

In my opinion, LRL's have little to do with detecting ION PARTICLES. This is an automatic Red flag to be cautious.

I suggest you check out the FREE LRL thread on this page and experiment with this method before you buy. Dell

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vushe, I would suggest you start out like ALL the would-be adventurers have done. Little treasure.... one at a time until you are ready for the BIG one. Buy a good metal detector. You will get small pieces of treasure, that in time, will add up to a substantial amount. LRL? Ha! Even the so-called expert LRL users here are still looking for the BIG ONE. Analogy; You can buy a pretty good shovel at ace that will help you find gold. It costs under ten dollars. During the gold rush, a shovel cost about fifty dollars in CA. Do you see where I'm going with this? Only the SELLERS of LRLs are getting rich. ╦╦Ç

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything that requires a body response like swivel rod takes a long time to master. That's why I have been working on the all-electronic receiver. No more rods.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way too often Detectorist and Dowsers don't share common beliefs. Why, because of the thoughts that I am right and you are wrong without giving any thought to the fact that maybe we are BOTH right.
Personally, I like to think that I am intelligent enough to understand the ability and strength of the brain as well as how Metal detectors perform.
The fact that someone does not understand something does not mean it cant be true.
I have made way more money with divining rods (Job related) that I ever could with my three metal detectors.
So for the Debbie Doubters, please don't ridicule and idea just because you don't understand or can't comprehend it.
Marvin

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way too often Detectorist and Dowsers don't share common beliefs. Why, because of the thoughts that I am right and you are wrong without giving any thought to the fact that maybe we are BOTH right.
Personally, I like to think that I am intelligent enough to understand the ability and strength of the brain as well as how Metal detectors perform.
The fact that someone does not understand something does not mean it cant be true.
I have made way more money with divining rods (Job related) that I ever could with my three metal detectors.
So for the Debbie Doubters, please don't ridicule and idea just because you don't understand or can't comprehend it.
Marvin
Very well put! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Ask the question I always ask the skeptics. "And why can't / won't it work?" If you can get anything other than a deflection, ignored, or called a name, you're doing better than me brother!:laughing7:

As stated above, get or make yourself a set of rods. Then, start with a small well researched story or lead and try to locate it. There's your practice starting place. Now that you've got some practice in throw out the idea you're going to waltz out and just start digging the big one. Treasure hunting is the same as dieting! No matter what without the work you're going to accomplish nothing! There's no short cuts or miracle devices! Without doing the exercises you're not dropping a pound.......

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Numerous government and private research has shown that LRLs are no more likely to find treasure than MERE CHANCE. Read 'em. ╦╦Ç

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember our rules, no insults. Post and post quote deleted for violating our rules.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marvin
Well said, my friend. Not all of my info on detectors and LRLs has come from these threads. Have you been to CARL-NC's webpage. Sage advice there. I have also been using detectors for 45 years. If you consider all I've found detecting, the entire amount would be considered a big find...... stretched over years. I have a neighbor that very much believes in dowsing for gold, yet he brings his rocks down to me to check with my detectors. He also brings me up to quartz veins he thinks have gold. Not yet. I won't get into the round and round of the merits of both methods. It has been beaten to death on these threads. I will just say, it is what it is. ╦╦Ç

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to get one of those Long range locators real cheap. I think i remember seeing an add for one in the back of one of my superman comics. It was next to the X-Ray vision specs that promised to amaze my friends. If i can find the advertisement, i will take a picture of it and post it.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said, my friend. Not all of my info on detectors and LRLs has come from these threads. Have you been to CARL-NC's webpage. Sage advice there. I have also been using detectors for 45 years. If you consider all I've found detecting, the entire amount would be considered a big find...... stretched over years. I have a neighbor that very much believes in dowsing for gold, yet he brings his rocks down to me to check with my detectors. He also brings me up to quartz veins he thinks have gold. Not yet. I won't get into the round and round of the merits of both methods. It has been beaten to death on these threads. I will just say, it is what it is. ╦╦Ç
Also well said. I started MD'ing in or around 1971, right after returning from NAM and have been using "L" rods longer than that.
Used the rods in construction locating pipes, both sewer and water for the company I worked for. I don't recall ever failing.
I probably posted in the wrong forum as I have never tried th e long range devices. The "L" rods and Pendulum have and do still work for me in locating underground services. I recently used a Pendulum to locate the Septic tank at a rental house we bought.
Unfortunately we are on opposite sides of the USA, otherwise I would attempt to demonstrate my skills to you.
Have a great day and thanks for serving.
Marvin

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would probably be better off doing research and if you can narrow down a location to search buying a two box detector.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also well said. I started MD'ing in or around 1971, right after returning from NAM and have been using "L" rods longer than that.
Used the rods in construction locating pipes, both sewer and water for the company I worked for. I don't recall ever failing.
I probably posted in the wrong forum as I have never tried th e long range devices. The "L" rods and Pendulum have and do still work for me in locating underground services. I recently used a Pendulum to locate the Septic tank at a rental house we bought.
Unfortunately we are on opposite sides of the USA, otherwise I would attempt to demonstrate my skills to you.
Have a great day and thanks for serving.
Marvin
Two tours. Hué and Phu Bai for the BIG PARTY of '68. Lots of excitement, fireworks, dancing in the streets. You know what I mean. Most of the first tour and all of the second was in a CAP Marine unit. Up close and personal! Welcome back, Combat Veteran. Terry

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread