Testimony:MFD/LRL is truly working

G

gudfruit7

I lost ya bro. Do you mean that anyone who disagrees with another, is ... by definition: "negative energy" and "propaganda" ? Seems to me that's just name-calling . Eg.: "your mother wears army boots", and "you're mean", etc..... Without addressing the data they're putting forth.

Example : If someone says they think a stick with a string and magnet at the end, makes for a great way to metal detect. Someone else comes on board and tries to point out that this won't work. Because coins are not magnetic. The proponent of the stick/magnet method can say : "That's negative", & "That's propaganda" & "That's not treasure hunting", etc... But none of that is answering an intellectual critical review. It's just name-calling.

Honestly its hard to comprehend how some of you guys could be just totally oblivious of how disrespectful your posts can be. There are much more constructive ways to disagree or remain skeptical. But you choose to write your responses in a very demeaning light... As if you have some high horse of wisdom to look down on us from. Im not trying to get on you bro but seriously. We are all in the same boat here when you think about it. We're trying to find a decent method of detecting all the loot buried in the ground. Because if you look around, a decent method is definitely lacking. Just because you currently don't understand how something works doesn't mean you should consider it a fairy tale. We are scientists. We have to experiment with new methods and think out of the box. Just saying... No offense.

Last edited:
G

gudfruit7

A "gene" for dowsing ability ?

The ability to dowse successfully is something carried in the "genes" ? That's a good one. I'm going to have to remember that. So that in the future: When some test shows dowsing tests to-be unsuccessful: That doesn't mean the "test was failed". It merely means the tester "doesn't have the gene . Another "out".

There are tests that can do DNA down to determining heritage and lineage back 100 generations (or whatever). Mapping entire chromosomes, genes, etc..... Thus I wonder if this "gene" you speak of, can be detected on those tests ? ???

A good question for a genetic scientist. "Is there a gene for that?" Oh ... wait, would that fall under "undiscovered science", if the scientists balk at such a thing ?

I think he said that because for some reason some people don't have the ability to pick up some L-rods and start dowsing right away. But i believe everyone has the ability and its just a matter of tapping in to it. Confidence in your ability to do it seems to be a major factor. The human mind is all powerful bro.

Quote by Albert Einstein…”I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as they do astrology, as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is however unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... There are much more constructive ways to disagree or remain skeptical. .....

I would love to know what "ways" that is. Because it seems like the contrary is true: That ANY "way", when it comes to a different conclusion (shows a more plausible explanation, or weaknesses in someone theories) will, by definition, be given all the labels and names. Eg.: "oblivious", "disrespectful", "demeaning", "high horse", etc...

Sort of like the tactic tossed out there often time "I'm offended". Whenever someone says "I'm offended", that shuts down all conversation, right ? Mind you: The person tossing this out there is QUITE SINCERE. They are NOT doing it purposefully to shut down the conversation or as a ploy etc.... Nonetheless, you will notice that to say "I'm offended" or "you're mean" or "that's disrespectful" says NOTHING about the conversation being had.

So, for example, I could even say "Ok, Tom_in_CA is mean, disrespectful, demeaning, and on a high horse. Ok, now that we've gotten that out of the way: Can we NOW return to the conversation of whether or not more plausible explanations exist ? Whether or not the method being discussed contains scientific merit ? " Rather than what is effectively nothing more than name-calling.

.... Just because you currently don't understand how something works ....

Let's cut to the chase on this too: Anyone who critiques a method of TH'ing simply "doesn't know how it works". Right ? So for example, if I say my magnet on a stick finds coins. And you challenge that ....: Then so long as I can say "you simply don't know how it works", then .... my system is beyond scrutiny ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, this is the Long Range Locator forum, no one is required to prove anything to you here, if you do not believe in LRL then it is simple, don't enter the forum. It is not your job to scrutinize this forum or any TreasureNet forum, what your doing amounts to badgering members of this forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, I am going to assume you were typing the reply I just deleted and you did not see my post when you made your last post.\

Please move on.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom, this is the Long Range Locator forum, no one is required to prove anything to you here, if you do not believe in LRL then it is simple, don't enter the forum. It is not your job to scrutinize this forum or any TreasureNet forum, what your doing amounts to badgering members of this forum.

TH'r, we jinxed each other, before I posted at #25. Uh .... is this like the dowsing forum where it is only for the "affirming" view ? If so, I understand . I was not aware that the LRL forum had similar rule.

Yes no one has to "prove" anything. I thought we were having a good pro / con discussion of the merits of it.

And if to offer a dissenting view and propose a more plausible explanation to something is defined as "badgering", then .... how can the forum exist , where the express purpose is to discuss pros & cons ? I do not mean to "badger" . I am just sincerely fascinated as to how someone answers to this topic.

I got ready to embark on a cache hunting trip, and ... my partner (shared a common financial travel pot) wanted to invest in this stuff as tools for our trip. That was over 20 yrs. ago (pre-internet), and I had no way to answer him. At that time, just a hunch. Yet ... my partner was very much drawn into the magazine ads showing jars of coins being detected "from a mile away" or whatever . So I embarked on research. Hence my interest. Don't mean to "badger". I just want to know the logic points of those who subscribe to it. Or, conversely, how they respond to the logic points of the dissenting view.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, your badgering members here, move on.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Jinx again. Ok, is this forum (like the dowsing forum) only for "affirming views" ? If so, I understand and will abide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread