Just might have some life left in this old brain

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, maybe not. LOL Been rereading a book by neurologist David Perlmutter titled "Grain Brain". Man, that guy must have been channeling me and my addled brain. Talk about your poster child, that's me. Ain't saying I'm cured but feel like i am already making some progress. Long ways to go. If you have brain fog, might be something to look into. I just know I was on the road to Alzheimer's.

Okay, now back to locating. Been doing more studying on electronics. Trying to get the contraption to work. Got skunked yesterday at a city park (except for one gold painted piece of junk) and it might have been a blessing in disguise because I did some serious soul searching. Yeah, I gave up on trying to get it to the market, and that was welcomed stress relief. At least on that part of my life. So you know how it goes, once you get the relief things go better. It's like i got an epiphany on locating like I haven't had, well, since the first time I used a frequency generator and got the signal line. So, like I say, it all looks good on paper and in the practice area. LOL Yeah, feels good to laugh right now. Like the nurse said when I was in the hospital--"You feel pretty good right now. Tomorrow you'll feel like you got hit by a Mack truck!" I got through that one, I can do it again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks RG. If the locator don't work right, I'll keep trying.

Maybe I should change my ID to "Scarecrow", you know like on Wizard of Oz, without a brain. Not really very funny, a lot of people suffer from wrong diet. Inflammation of the brain and can't get the nutrients. Perlmutter has a website, never visited it.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Okay, maybe not. LOL Been rereading a book by neurologist David Perlmutter titled "Grain Brain". Man, that guy must have been channeling me and my addled brain. Talk about your poster child, that's me. Ain't saying I'm cured but feel like i am already making some progress. Long ways to go. If you have brain fog, might be something to look into. I just know I was on the road to Alzheimer's.

If you feel that it's working for you, then it probably is. Just know that there's plenty of evidence that animal-based, low-carb diets are unhealthy for most people. ("Unhealthy" in this case is defined as "higher all-cause mortality in both men and women.")

Now, if you want something for better brain function that's proven to work in controlled studies, is used by the medical profession to treat dementia and Alzheimer's, functions in a way that can be explained rationally and scientifically, is safe to use, and may* make you live longer to boot, take a look at centrophenoxine/meclofenoxate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meclofenoxate

As this is considered a supplement in the US, it's basically the wild west with regards to quality, so do your research before choosing a brand to try. Amazon has plenty of options. Stack it with choline for best results. You will thank me later.

* It makes mice live ~30% longer, but we haven't tested that effect yet with humans. Generally speaking, if it does something to mice, it does the same thing to humans. That's why we test this stuff on mice first.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DR. Well, I don't have Alzheimer's yet, just on that road. I've been doing the low carbs since late June. Definitely is working. 34.2 pounds and counting. Trying to hit 35 lbs. before Thanksgiving. Then hope i don't blow it all. But I have other issues that prevent nutrients from being absorbed so I need to work on that.

As for the locator, took it out in the yard and liked what I got. But I know better than to trust that as the final say. My experience has been if it can detect a fresh target it will pick up every particle long time buried, I mean the micro gold. So it's not like the e-receiver is some magic potion. The problem with city parks there is of junk gold and I guess I am just impatient and don't take the time to use a weight filter--just check with a metal detector and dig suspect targets. Now for a big item cache that requires excavation, well, better check it first.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my weight loss goal 35.8 lbs. this morning and that was after I drank a cup of water. Now after Thanksgiving meal I can say bye, bye to that. Probably take a week or more to make up for the carb splurge. Another benefit of weight loss is lower blood pressure. They changed the numbers think it's about 10 points lower than it used to be. I know two people (both older than me) who have had strokes this year , the Silent Killer. All I can say is it is devastating. And you don't have to be old to die from it. So weight loss is a drug-free way to get the BP lowered. It's not funny and I don't want to make any jokes about it, but I think politics may have been a factor in one person. You know anybody who gets screaming angry try to help them.

The contraption is still a contraption. LOL Got some ideas I want to do the modifications. Been doing more electronics reading so I gots to try it. I think I am learning something. Seems like I said that before. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some fiddling I can can once again say "It all looks good on paper and in the test area." I just hot-wired the thing together and I really need more electronics knowledge to get it to where i want it, or as I call it, Goldilocks and the Three Bears solution. You know, not too hot, not too cold, just right. And I ain't there yet. Don't even know how to get there. But at least i know where i want to go and I my brain is starting to do something. LOL And like the Chinese proverb, "The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step."

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well again, I better quit patting myself on the back. Damn! Found another wrong part. I guess that is good that I found it. Been losing plenty of sleep over it, or as I put it "total insomnia". I ought to feel relieved but I'll wait until I get the new part installed. At least I hope I am moving in the right direction. I wasn't getting enough frequency range and found another resistor wasn't right. I guess that's a sign my brain might be coming back on-line. Maybe. If this helps i will be ecstatic.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, brain fog, fog. I figured out what happened. I had the wrong resistor and when I went to replace it, I put it in the wrong place. So now i have two that are not right. It's a wonder the thing worked at all. About like my brain.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must be doing something right because Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is. Got the e-receiver working, I mean yeah, working. Clean and nice and the frequency range is there. No more garbage in the audio. Can't say it's all due to the amount of prayers I've been saying, it's certainly partly due to the low carb diet. But I'm saying prayers in thanksgiving right now. That e-receiver has never worked right from day one, over a year. LOL Can you hear me now? Now all I got to do is find some gold and I'll be doing the Irish jig dance. i want to go run around the block and tell everybody. Guess I better shut up and quit patting myself on the back...again. LOL Still recovering from the latest cancer surgery, still have the stitches in so I better not get too excited.

Here's the song i am singing:

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't have said it better myself. :laughing7:

Contraption: A machine or device that appears strange or unnecessarily complicated, and often badly made or unsafe.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manic depressant, bipolar, whatever I got, it is baaaaaack. Ouch. Think it's the short daylight hours affecting me. Got the initial bills from the office visit before the surgery and about half of it isn't covered. Haven't even got the surgery bill yet. To add insult to injury, went out the other day and got skunked...again. This is getting old real fast. Got feeling bad and couldn't even force myself to go out on Saturday to try out the changes I made. Like one of those TV commercials where they come up with terrible chores that need doing so they can avoid some other task. And the weather is closing in fast. Stress causing me to gain weight. Now for the bad news. LOL Well, at least I am still trying, studying. That hasn't turned up anything good, either. Really starting to doubt myself and everything about the locating. Maybe time to give it up for a while and wait til Spring. Sure want to let out a primal scream right now.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Primal screams are good but I have a better answer. Try out some over the counter vitamin D, and get one of those plant grow daylight balanced light bulbs and sit under it. Make sure it's ok and daylight balanced. It can sure make a difference in depression this time of year. The vitamin D from the sun is also a factor. Or rather, lack of vitamin d from the sun as we're inside.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm singing Yer Blues.

"Black cloud crossed my mind
Blue mist round my soul
Feel so suicidal
Even hate my rock and roll"

I'm just hoping and praying this is the darkness just before dawn. No question it sometimes take an urgency to make things happen. My hope is that dawn comes before the middle of next March, the Spring thaw.

Actually I have some more ideas to work on and maybe this is just what it is going to take to make some progress. BTW, my "issues" are trivial. I try to never worry about money or rather the lack thereof. Sometimes they overwhelm but "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say this but I am quickly losing faith that there such a thing as a frequency discriminator. The idea that there is some magic frequency to only find gold is just a fantasy. Look, I know it works in the practice area but IN THE REAL WORLD THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY VARIABLES. A pair of dowsing rods or even an electronic receiver just don't have the capability of sorting it all out. The Wile E. Coyote method of the ACME Gold (Roadrunner) Catcher is redneck ignorant as Hell. Common sense says if there was a way to do it, somebody would have it by now. And the world would know.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I start to wonder if the reason no one has put out an electronic receiver is because it is like the Forbidden Fruit in The Garden of Eden. Once Adam and Eve ate the fruit they said "Oh God, I'm naked!"

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't claim to know it all. Might even admit i could be wrong. I know i had the settings wrong the last time I was out.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If gold emitted a certain frequency then scientists would have classified it as "radioactive" instead of its current categorization of "inert" (as are silver and platinum and other noble metals). Best we can hope is to bounce energy of some type off it and measure the response.

Which is not to say that someone might come up with a formerly unknown property of gold that allows it to happen. Then you get your picture on the front cover of Time Magazine.

Same with antigravity, telepathy, teleportation, faster than light travel. Maybe someday - but we don't understand how now.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say this but I am quickly losing faith that there such a thing as a frequency discriminator. The idea that there is some magic frequency to only find gold is just a fantasy. Look, I know it works in the practice area but IN THE REAL WORLD THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY VARIABLES. A pair of dowsing rods or even an electronic receiver just don't have the capability of sorting it all out. The Wile E. Coyote method of the ACME Gold (Roadrunner) Catcher is redneck ignorant as Hell. Common sense says if there was a way to do it, somebody would have it by now. And the world would know.

Maybe it doesn't even work in a practice area.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here, I'll try to explain again. Yeah, the calculator sales will probably go up now. LOL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions