Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, let's say that the subconscious does somehow influence the rods. I stuck the rods in small plastic tubes so they wouldn't get the friction points from trying to turn in my hands, and also so they couldn't be "influenced" in any way. How would they know where to go if I wasn't actually turning them. I can understand a old prankster playing a trick on his kids and actually turning the rods without them noticing...but how the heck did/do the work without somebody manipulating them? I just don't understand them. I don't think anybody really does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure there is a fine line where you tilt the rods down enough so you don't influence them and then you don't get any response. So you raise the angle until you get a response then you influence them. You gotta learn to feel the response then allow the rods to move. Easier said than done.

If you know what resonance is, your mind works that way when it sees colors. It has to tune into them like adjusting the dial on a radio. Same thing with the dowsing response. With enough practice you learn to do it automatically like how your brain tunes to different color frequencies automatically. Of course the idea of a frequency generator is to give things a boost. It can energize the target through resonance and open up a magnetic pathway that facilitates the energy from the target to travel down. That line to the target is what you try to detect.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like they say, you know the honeymoon is over when the wife comes into the bathroom and takes a crap while you are brushing your teeth. Your honeymoon didn't last too long--your mind games have already begun.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I stumbled upon this video, and the storyline is these people were contacted to demonstrate how to use a product. Well during their video apparently they got a signal, and began to pursue it. It takes place in Germany, and if it's fake it looks like they pulled out all the stops to make it seem legit. I'm curious as to what your guys's thoughts are because I don't know how much credit I give towards long-range locators

JC, I saw at least a dozen clues in the video that tells me the whole thing was staged. How many clues did you see?

So in all seriousness, I have some mixed feelings about dowsing. I watched some videos and read some posts about them, and said "there's no freakin way". So I cut up an old clothes hanger and made a set. I held them in my hand and it started leading me on a wild goose chase in my house. I followed where they "wanted me to go". And where did I end up? In the corner of my bedroom where I had a bunch of silver plated and silver items (I got into this weird thrift store silver hunt kick for a while...wasnt very good at it. Found more silver plate then anything). Anyways, I thought "this is crazy!" I laid out all of the items, a combination of silver plate and silver and ran the rods over top of them. I kid you not, they hit on the real silver items! I handed my wife a Morgan silver dollar and told her to hide it. After she did, I went looking for it with the rods and found it. The crap is like voodoo man lol. I've read people's thoughts on them and they say it's all subconscious and the "inner-you" knows where the gold deposits, water, etc. Are and pass that energy through to the rods....i just have a hard time believing it. Even after having gone through what I explained above, I still have a hard time believing that they work...but who knows?

When you do sloppy parlor-room-quality "tests" like these, yep, dowsing seems to work. That's how a lot of people get hooked. Then they go outside and try to actually find something with it, and that's when they discover just how many alibis there are for failing. Unless they hunt for exceptionally high-probability targets, like ground water. Ground water is pretty much everywhere, hard to fail.

I've been around a whole lotta people who swear they can reliably locate gold with dowsing or LRLs. But every single time they try to show me, they utterly fail. That's because I don't allow sloppy parlor-room-quality demos. And that's the bottom line with dowsing & LRLs... the more stringent the test protocol, the more they fail.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good observation SL. I won't waste my time. I'll keep my A out of that Q&A. and say Goodbye, and Good Luck to, Just Curious. Dell

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, what is your point? Is it to show you have a superior intelligence, or by example the most experience in failures to learn to Dowse, or successfully use a LRL? Dell

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Carl and maybe a few others have a pretty good poker face, yeah? I get chewed on when i don't trust people. Kinda the whipping boy around here.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the dowsers out there, including the new electronic kind, please post your pics of treasures worth over $1k you have found in the last two years. Should have found something in the last two years.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a load of rubbish. That video is a bunch of bolshevik!
The so called archaeologist didn't record one object insitu. No graphs, measurement stakes, GPS points....
Just piled gems and coins into a fake pot. He even piled his discard soil right over an area he never excavated yet.
No Archie would be concerned about not finding gold right away and would properly excavate the area until all artifacts were found.
Never would he run a pin-pointer over to rush to find the "good stuff."
That so-called rock with metal in it would have been brought back to the lab and run through an x-ray to analyze it's content and then carefully examined.
Along with everyone's observations and a bunch of other points, this video is complete fantasy.
Why else would the comments be disabled when you view it on You-tube?
Another defeat for the snake oil salesmen!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, you are right. Show me the non ferrous metals? I have PLENTY with my lowly detectors. If this works, everybody else show me the stuff you found.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the dowsers out there, including the new electronic kind, please post your pics of treasures worth over $1k you have found in the last two years. Should have found something in the last two years.

STC, my e-receiver is a work in progress. Been trying to get some investment money to further it along. The current version I've had out three times. Got one unmarked silver ring. And that was on a diamond frequency. Got skunked the other two times. Like I said, even the best Minelab will not guarantee you get rich or even get any gold. Don't worry about me. I accept failure. Then I go back to the drawing board. I get joy from that. I'm thankful I can be motivated however much or little.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.....my point was there is no compelling evidence that either one work ....

How can you say that ? Haven't you read post #12 ? If someone can bury a target, and a 2nd person (who doesn't know the target's location) comes along , then how can that NOT be "compelling evidence" ? :icon_scratch: I say this in a non-badgering way. As an honest question following directly from the line of post's logic here.

I suppose you might answer that you would either want to A) be a part of that test. So as to make sure that other more plausible explanations weren't at play. Right ? Or B) see it done @ video with impartial un-biased 3rd parties present. To ensure double blind accuracy and to ensure that nothing else subliminal was going on . Right ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The only compelling evidence is if you experience it yourself. ....

Dell, that won't work. Because if the curious potential consumer DID try it (ie.: "experience it") and found it to be non-functional, that conclusion would not be accepted. The proponents would merely say that gsxraddict wasn't using it right. Or didn't practice long enough. Etc... etc.....

This is immediately evidenced in signal-line's post #17 followup.

I say this in a non-badgering honest conversation, based on past efforts by persons to do exactly as the proponents suggest.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Carl and maybe a few others have a pretty good poker face, yeah? I get chewed on when i don't trust people. Kinda the whipping boy around here.

If there are electronics involved it is NOT Dowsing. That is why TNET has a separate forum for Dowsing. They recognize there is a difference.

I'm sorry I can't live up to your photo expectations. I haven't recovered anything in the past two years. I have been mostly bed ridden with chronic pain for the past 4 1/2 years. During that time I've experienced 2 heart attacks, 3 heart failures, kidney failure, and a stroke. I have posted photos of LRL finds in the past. Posting photos as proof of finds is pretty much useless. It doesn't change beliefs.

"The door to knowledge and understanding is never open to a closed or prejudiced mind" Dell

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
JCurious, your conscious mind might have forgot the silver was there, but your subconscious never forgets. And if you have someone close to you hide it, you can read their mind easily where they hid it. .....

signal line: I found this post VERY interesting. Coming from a proponent no-less. Skeptics have suggested that the seeming-ability of the rod to point to planted targets, could simply be, as you say, subconscious clues. Such that the RODS ARE DOING NOTHING. And you seem to be acknowledging that very explanation.

I know some md'rs who have that same 6th sense, just due to many year's experience. They look at a given field or canyon where a camp or picnic spot was said-to-have-existed. And can walk RIGHT to the "most likely place" where coins are. Eg.: By a tree, or at a scenic overlook, or ... whatever. So too do nugget shooters who are very skilled: They look at a dry wash or creek or tailing pile or whatever, and walk right to the best most likely zone.

So it's almost as if this is an admission that dowsing doesn't work . Eh ?

(PS: I say this in a non-badgering friendly way).

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
If there are electronics involved it is NOT Dowsing....

Correct. And the $10,000.00 question is: ARE there "electronics involved" ? To have some electronics contained on the inside of said-device, does not mean they are actually doing anything. (said in friendly non-badgering way).

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... I've been around a whole lotta people who swear they can reliably locate gold with dowsing or LRLs. But every single time they try to show me, they utterly fail.....

Carl, this is inconclusive. It's a double-standard you are putting on those people. For example: When you metal detect, do you find gold every single time you go out ? OF COURSE NOT. So why the double standard for the other folks ? Tsk tsk.

And besides: Other factors could be causing the failure , of that single test you watched at an isolated time. Eg.: Sun spots, solar flares, wind, nearby magnets, etc.....

I say this in a friendly non-badgering way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread