Can an oxigen sensor be mde into a long time buried gold locator?

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At work we have a oxigen sensor that measures air quality. It measures harmful air contents. To my knowledge (very limited) when you discover gold buried over 10 yrs it somehow has toxic contect which maybe could be measured by one of this sensors as you go over it.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible? Or maybe workable?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie is right. The idea that long-time buried gold develops a gas or an aura or some other mysterious signature is make-believe.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. either.

My thoughts is to talk with someone who knows about air testing. maybe the company that built the sensor. Wouldn't spend much time or money on it.

OP
OP
M

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very right! From when i was 5 always heard the old people talk about the color of fire telling you if it was silver or gold. Also how if you are greedy the gold will move to a different location. Thanks for your comment.

OP
OP
M

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dads cousin tied a pig to a mesquite tree and it had rained the previous day. The pig dug out a box with 20 gold bars. My dads cousin killed n eat the pig so he wouldnt help anyone else. Still at least 15 boxes to be found. My dads cousin showd him the gold bars. Every 2 yrs i take a shot al finding one of the boxes.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold, atomic sign AU, is an inert metal. It is often mixed with small amounts of silver and sometimes copper, but these are bonded atomically to the gold. Gold, as an inert metal will not give off any fumes, auras or any other such thing.

Now arsenic, that's a different story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread