PLATINUM

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NMR is 21.4MHz. Calculated to my area(FL) that's 222Hz at the moment. It can have a baseline of 80 to 380Hz depending on the time of day, location and EFNMR.

OP
OP
S

sea.thunter7

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
NMR is 21.4MHz. Calculated to my area(FL) that's 222Hz at the moment. It can have a baseline of 80 to 380Hz depending on the time of day, location and EFNMR.

Whoa, excellent response... I don't understand most of it but I wish I could, thank you. If I may ask a few questions, you're saying that based on the soil conditions in Florida the frequency 222Hz is producing a signal line to Platinum? I'm in the Philippines. 222Hz definitely produces a line to gold here but not platinum. So my understanding is that I should play around with the frequencies between 80-380Hz until I get a line? What does "EFNMR" mean?

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was calculated from the strength of the geomagnetic field in my area. Being closer to the equator reduces the field so in your case my best guess would be around 160 to 195Hz for the Philippines. Resonance frequencies are lower at the equator and raise as you move towards the poles but not linearly. EFNMR is earths field nuclear magnetic resonance. It is the frequency of an element in earths normal(mean) magnetic field.

Hope it helps a bit.

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So being in Wyoming the frequency would be lower being farther north?

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No the frequency rises going from the equator to the poles. About 1.5x higher in Wyoming. Platinum frequency is also temperature dependent. Its frequency rise as ambient temperature rises. As much as 10hz per degree F in real world EFNMR testing. This also changes depending on what element is used for proton bonding and how coupling is calculated for mean and median. In real life there is no cut and dry frequency that is the perfect answer. Testing a close frequency and tuning it to a sample is the best metaphysical determination of what works.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the frequency rises going from the equator to the poles. About 1.5x higher in Wyoming. Platinum frequency is also temperature dependent. Its frequency rise as ambient temperature rises. As much as 10hz per degree F in real world EFNMR testing. This also changes depending on what element is used for proton bonding and how coupling is calculated for mean and median. In real life there is no cut and dry frequency that is the perfect answer. Testing a close frequency and tuning it to a sample is the best metaphysical determination of what works.

Hi, just a thought... What are you basing this information on? I'm beginning to wonder, why would someone like Contactlight spend any of his energy at all selling long-range locators if this technology worked as advertised? Just think of the possibilities if this technology actually did that. And he's trying so hard to make a measly $650? Whats going on guys... Why aren't you out searching for a motherload with these things? And if you already found a motherload, why aren't you out looking for another motherload? It should be like taking candy from a baby with these things.

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is based on EFNMR spectrometer readings. They are accurate but vary with the field and temperature depending on isotope and element. The NMR in the periodic table are taken at 21 to 24 Tesla. This cause the protons of the isotopes to equalize and provide a base result. However they do not reduce coupling at linear rate so you can't calculate the frequency mathematically unless you know the logarithmic change in each isotope per field change.

Actually I charged him $300 and $350 per each rod he purchased from me to resell so he makes very little after ebay fees and deals for feedback. The tractor guy charges him a little less but he has to assemble the handles himself. The version 2 of my handle they copied was difficult to get the bearing to spin correctly. That was the reason it was dropped after 3 rods lol. That's also one reason he doesn't connect the jacks to the handles. Aluminum is too difficult to solder too.(even I wont do it in this type of assembly) And he doesn't have the skills for mechanical connections. You'd think meeting aliens and curing cancer would be worth more than LRL sales anyway. I'll stick to my machine shop lol.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NMR tables are usually normalized to H=100MHz, which is a field strength of 2.35T. Precession frequency is pretty linear with field strength, at least with most elements, so even at 25uT you can get a pretty close number. Hydrogen-based proton magnetometers easily demonstrate this. Here is a plot of the Earth field:

magnetic_field_a.gif

The field strength in the Philippines is around 40nT, so platinum has an NMR frequency of around 456 Hz.

All of this would be valuable information if it could be applied to remotely detecting platinum through its precession frequency. But NMR doesn't work that way, and the best you can do is pretend it's useful while playing with make-believe treasure hunting equipment. If 2 or 3 big empty holes don't convince you, try a few more.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this would be valuable information if it could be applied to remotely detecting platinum through its precession frequency. But NMR doesn't work that way, and the best you can do is pretend it's useful while playing with make-believe treasure hunting equipment. If 2 or 3 big empty holes don't convince you, try a few more.

Yea but at some point Carl you have to sit back and realize that you don't understand everything about this area of physics. No one does, yet. You make this blanket statement "But NMR doesn't work that way". But how do you know what all the possibilities are with NMR? You don't... So it would be wise to keep an open mind and truly explore the possibilities.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it would be wise to keep an open mind and truly explore the possibilities.

Macro, it seems you're pretty new around here. I've been investigating LRLs and dowsing for 20 years now, accumulated quite a few devices, and tested a fair number of people who claim they can dowse. I even offered $25,000 to anyone who could successfully demonstrate an LRL in a really simple scientific test; how's that for open minded? In 20 years, I've never seen a single person succeed. They all fell flat on their face, and then wondered what the heck happened. Refusing to consider that it never worked in the first place.

I'm still open-minded enough to offer anyone who disagrees the opportunity to prove me wrong, and you can see from other forums that there are plenty of people who disagree with me. But while they can talk the talk all day long, they don't wanna walk the walk; it would be a major embarrassment if they couldn't actually do what they say they can do. So they go on pretending it works, which is fine with them and fine with me. Sea.thunter7 will likely take his new platinum frequencies, dig another 80-foot-deep hole, and wind up with nothing but a pile of dirt. Like all the other Philippine treasure hunters who dig holes all over the place, but have nothing to show for their efforts but holes all over the place.

When you put in the effort to understand why your dowsing rods seem to respond to an imaginary signal line you think you've created to that copper tubing, then you will understand dowsing in general, and may not be so open-minded that you'll accept at face-value all the made-up nonsense that surrounds it. Or, pretend to be a Big Time Treasure Hunter and go dig a bunch of holes.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NMR tables are usually normalized to H=100MHz, which is a field strength of 2.35T. Precession frequency is pretty linear with field strength, at least with most elements, so even at 25uT you can get a pretty close number. Hydrogen-based proton magnetometers easily demonstrate this. Here is a plot of the Earth field:

View attachment 1647003

The field strength in the Philippines is around 40nT, so platinum has an NMR frequency of around 456 Hz.

Actually that is incorrect due to chemical shift. Platinum to platinum bonding has produced the closest to that at a high of 390Hz. The usual single bond isotopes used in NMR have never produced a frequency over 90Hz at EF, And other isotopes have produced over 33KHz. This also doesn't take in platinum's temperature dependence. Gold has not as of yet produced any frequency at earth field since nothing will bond due too it's spin. There are several other factors that are play in determining a frequency at low field strength so even as complicated as it is this is a serious over simplification. Searching "195pt nmr—theory and application" and "Temperature dependence of platinum-195 nuclear resonance chemical shifts" will get anyone ho actually cares a primer. There are also several tables from real world testing citing results.

So is this helpful in the LRL/dowsing world? Not really unless your LRL has a matching isotope settings and can somehow hit the target with the protons. While the results are from EF level magnetic fields they are still isolated fields not the random fluctuating fields you'll find in normal environments.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Macro, it seems you're pretty new around here. I've been investigating LRLs and dowsing for 20 years now, accumulated quite a few devices, and tested a fair number of people who claim they can dowse. I even offered $25,000 to anyone who could successfully demonstrate an LRL in a really simple scientific test; how's that for open minded? In 20 years, I've never seen a single person succeed. They all fell flat on their face, and then wondered what the heck happened. Refusing to consider that it never worked in the first place.

I'm still open-minded enough to offer anyone who disagrees the opportunity to prove me wrong, and you can see from other forums that there are plenty of people who disagree with me. But while they can talk the talk all day long, they don't wanna walk the walk; it would be a major embarrassment if they couldn't actually do what they say they can do. So they go on pretending it works, which is fine with them and fine with me. Sea.thunter7 will likely take his new platinum frequencies, dig another 80-foot-deep hole, and wind up with nothing but a pile of dirt. Like all the other Philippine treasure hunters who dig holes all over the place, but have nothing to show for their efforts but holes all over the place.

When you put in the effort to understand why your dowsing rods seem to respond to an imaginary signal line you think you've created to that copper tubing, then you will understand dowsing in general, and may not be so open-minded that you'll accept at face-value all the made-up nonsense that surrounds it. Or, pretend to be a Big Time Treasure Hunter and go dig a bunch of holes.

Well, thank you for sharing your infinite wisdom on the topic. I remember speaking to someone who had been fighting in Afghanistan or somewhere else in the middle-east. They said that the military had been using L-rods to dowse for landmines over there. Can anyone confirm this? Well anyway. Most of us probably have enough doubt about whether dowsing works already. No reason to sit here and debate it further.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searching "195pt nmr—theory and application" and "Temperature dependence of platinum-195 nuclear resonance chemical shifts" will get anyone ho actually cares a primer.

That paper concerns platinum compounds, not platinum-the-metal. Completely different scenario.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That paper concerns platinum compounds, not platinum-the-metal. Completely different scenario.

Most of the papers also make reference to bulk platinum's(the metal) EF 1H resonance of 50 to 85Hz and how the knowing the bulk frequency allows you to tell what organics may be bonded by reading the shift from bulk frequency. Because of platinum's low reactivity it's NMR doesn't change even when processed in organometallic compounds. And we could also go into how the amount of the metal also changes the NMR at EF and low field by increasing the bonds since platinum only couples to about a 1/3 of it's mass. And why stop at 1H when 3T is more accurate and has less chemical shift and than 1H.

But since we probably won't agree on NMR research, I think we can still agree it's a completely useless scenario for LRL operation.

And just for fun and to make this even more confusing I want to add there is also research that has found negative frequencies in platinum. Since these are audible frequencies this is entirely possible in Fourier transform but could also be negative like in a Doppler shift since no clarification is given.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, thank you for sharing your infinite wisdom on the topic. I remember speaking to someone who had been fighting in Afghanistan or somewhere else in the middle-east. They said that the military had been using L-rods to dowse for landmines over there. Can anyone confirm this? Well anyway. Most of us probably have enough doubt about whether dowsing works already. No reason to sit here and debate it further.

Dowsing was briefly used in Vietnam in an attempt to locate tunnels. Didn't work all that well and was abandoned. Iraqi security forces use(d) dowsing to locate car bombers at checkpoints, they get through anyway and hundreds of people have been killed. This was discussed in another thread.

No one in their right mind dowses for landmines. If you ever meet a landmine dowser, see if he has legs. If he does, he's a liar.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But since we probably won't agree on NMR research, I think we can still agree it's a completely useless scenario for LRL operation.

Of course. In a proton mag, the hydrogen sample is placed inside the TX and RX coils, any attempt to measure precession frequency remotely (as in an inch away) would completely fail. And compared to hydrogen, metals have abysmally low receptivity, making them way harder to detect. It's a pretty silly concept that a dowsing rod would respond to this.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course. In a proton mag, the hydrogen sample is placed inside the TX and RX coils, any attempt to measure precession frequency remotely (as in an inch away) would completely fail. And compared to hydrogen, metals have abysmally low receptivity, making them way harder to detect. It's a pretty silly concept that a dowsing rod would respond to this.

Yup and the most sought after metals are some of the worst for receptivity. Although I really do expect to see a new LRL with a settings for the metal and then a knob labeled proton stream selector H1, H2 and 3T after a seller reads this thread lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread