Carl's $25,000

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carl allows both LRL and dowsing rods to be used so they'd part of the same test since if you could dowse the object there would still be no proof the LRL worked as described. The entire procedure is outlined with rules on his page. He's following double blind testing as close as possible. Of course even with a agreed upon a certified 3rd party testing lab assisting I can still imagine certain people claiming Carl cheated somehow. Traveling to NC would the biggest problem for most people. Carl is willing to travel to LRL manufacturers but oddly enough even Spar who claims he's willing to show anyone how well the rods work has never taken him up on it either.

If you do take Carl up on it I'd be happy to build you a dowsing rod built to your specs to use in the test free of charge.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State what it is you can do, and how it can be tested in a reasonable way. There is only one prize.
I regularly travel between Oregon & El Paso, Texas (left NC 10 yrs ago). If a venue is reasonable for me I will travel. If not, the burden of travel is on the claimant.

Addendum...

It's a time-consuming process to write up a formal test protocol and contract. I urge people to first consider an informal test, where we meet and they attempt to show whatever it is they think they can do, under more relaxed conditions and where the protocol can be altered on-the-fly as they come up with particular objections. Most people simply have no idea how a proper test is conducted, and they are so self-deluded by their own sloppy methods that a "training session" gives them the opportunity to see just how far off they are. So far, only 2 people have gone straight for the 25k, the rest opted for the informal approach. None of them did better than guessing, and none of the informal applicants ever came back for the prize.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread