Long range locater way back in early 1990's

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Purchased a simple Pair of Dowsing rods on Ebay earlier this Year.

View attachment 1655793

Been too Lazy/Embarrassed/Forgetful depending on area to Pull them out & Try them.
My Big Problem is I don't Know How to get them to Search for a Gold Ring, Silver Coin, or Water.

in an other word discrimination. on a pair of Rods ?
because of that, I feel it's a Total waste of my Time To even Consider them as Viable For Me.

I May actually purchase A pair with handles to make them easier to Balance
By next Spring though, Because I Am Curious.

View attachment 1655797
but I still will need to convince myself to try even though I'd be going in Blind.

Same with LRL's. I am not saying they are a Scam. I Won't go that Far.
Too many I Do Respect insist they work. Just saying I Don't feel any Personal Confidence
they would work for me.

Jeff, watch this video. This guy gives a great beginner's tutorial on how to dowse. I know this isn't the dowsing forum but I guess we've established LRLs and dowsing are closely related.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, watch this video. This guy gives a great beginner's tutorial on how to dowse. I know this isn't the dowsing forum but I guess we've established LRLs and dowsing are closely related.

I Personally Have no issue With LRLs & Dowsing Rods Mixing in Threads

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Purchased a simple Pair of Dowsing rods on Ebay earlier this Year.

View attachment 1655793

Been too Lazy/Embarrassed/Forgetful depending on area to Pull them out & Try them.
My Big Problem is I don't Know How to get them to Search for a Gold Ring, Silver Coin, or Water.

in an other word discrimination. on a pair of Rods ?
because of that, I feel it's a Total waste of my Time To even Consider them as Viable For Me.

I May actually purchase A pair with handles to make them easier to Balance
By next Spring though, Because I Am Curious.

View attachment 1655797
but I still will need to convince myself to try even though I'd be going in Blind.

Same with LRL's. I am not saying they are a Scam. I Won't go that Far.
Too many I Do Respect insist they work. Just saying I Don't feel any Personal Confidence
they would work for me.

If I ever Catch an LRL at an Auction for under $20 Bucks, I'd Grab it.
Over that, Would depend on how badly the Money I Have is Burning a Hole in my Debit Card

How about this one?:laughing7:

rod444r.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine are only 13" by 5" and Brass.
but next time this spring when I'm in a Remote Area,
Hopefully I remember to try them

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL That's a Fancy One :laughing7:

After watching the above Video, I won't be Buying the ones with the Handle.
Seems I May have chose the Right ones

That's one of the units I designed and built. If you ever want to test one out let me know. Worst thing that can happen is you don't find anything lol.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the units I designed and built. If you ever want to test one out let me know. Worst thing that can happen is you don't find anything lol.

I'm always up For Testing Things.

But of Course this is NE Pennsylvania & I Can't Tolerate the Cold.
So Wrong type of year Right Now :thumbsup:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... I did too until one worked for me.

I believe there are explanations as to the seeming success that some people will point to. Ie.: the personal testimonies, anecdotal evidence, etc... have other explanations . If you care to explore those alternatives, I will be happy to put them forth.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, there it is. I love that line the best: "Unexplained science" . I could make a claim that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich can find gold too. If someone tried to say "that's silly and illogical", I merely have to say: "It's unexplained science".

Keep in mind that there's still a lot to learn about the nature of the universe. I mean, you have to admit that when it comes to the big picture we're all ignorant. The universe is far more complex than any of us could ever fully comprehend. Remember what Plato said “I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.” People have been successful with dowsing. So it deserves further examination with an open mind.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Keep in mind that there's still a lot to learn about the nature of the universe....

The truth of this statement: Does not lend itself to proppping up the workability of any proposition that a person can put forth.

In the same way that the truth of that statement will not "prove" or lend credence to the power of a peanut butter sandwich being useful as a gold-finding tool. The fact of "undiscovered science" does not make any proposition, no matter how wild, to be possibly true.

There are some things that are just impossible. That no amount of "undiscovered science" will ever come to rescue of some things. There are tests that "put notions to rest" (ie.: disprove them). For example : A square circle. They are just mutually exclusive terms. No amount of additional science learned will change this fact. The statement of yours does not change it. If you doubt that, then .... on your own view, you can't 'diss any TH'ing method proposed, no matter how illogical it seems. Eg.: peanut butter sandwiches, right ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that there's still a lot to learn about the nature of the universe. I mean, you have to admit that when it comes to the big picture we're all ignorant. The universe is far more complex than any of us could ever fully comprehend. Remember what Plato said “I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.” People have been successful with dowsing. So it deserves further examination with an open mind.

I can't say on LRL's because I don't know why/how they can work.

I once Read that Gravity Changes depending on Ground Content,
and because of this, I can understand a "witching Stick" & Dowsing Rod Being pulled down
over water, or certain ores. if the Stick or rods are held loose enough.
or even dowsing rods relaxing enough to move if the Gravity relaxes of a certain spot.

I Don't believe in Hocus Pocus. Spooks watching over me etc.
I was Bad Plenty of times as a Kid, Even Christmas Eve & Still Got Presents
"From my Parents"

But I Do Know there are things we can't explain, Like Psychic ability.
and other Brain Powers beyond our Comprehension.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....But I Do Know there are things we can't explain,.....

True. But there are tests we can do . To know if there's even something to "explain" (ie.: a claim being made) in the first place. Eh ?

(Said in a non-badgering friendly way)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
..... "Dowsing absolutely works." he says. He has successfully located different kinds of buried objects on several occasions....

Yes. "Personal testimonies" abound. If only they would stand up to double-blind tests, then the matter could be put to rest. But alas: Anytime it's put to the test under strict scientific controls ....... it has not worked :( Thus I believe the "personal testimonies" have alternate explanations. If you care to discuss them, I'm game.

Said in an un-badgering friendly way.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

When using quantum physics keep in mind you have to clarify which subset of theory. Ones such as quantum mechanics find errors in and other super string models virtually wipe out both of Eisenstein's relativity theories. Unified field and M theory attempt to merge all fields and so far M theory has held up the most. As more larger particle collider experiments are done special relativity will be looked upon as childish view on physics.

While there are some areas of physics I could make some plausible dowsing explanations for I prefer to leave it in the metaphysical realm. If it operates on a belief system I'll leave it to the believer to draw his own theories. All the conjecturing can also be contributed to the adage that "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile". But then if the blind squirrel hangs out in the LRL forum he'd be one fat squirrel regardless.:laughing9:

So dowsing I keep an open mind on. However when people bend a wire and call it a scalar wave generator or claim some transistors contain scalar crystals I'll call them on it. I mean come on... it would of take a few more minutes and a couple bucks to bring it to at least common internet standards of what scalar and orgone modules should look like. Or at least add a ZPEM so it doesn't require batteries.

Last edited:

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, sorry Darke. Didn't realize someone would quote that post so soon. Kinda felt like it was getting too off topic and deleted it. I was commenting on some of the things I've read about the "Observer Effect" but I'm no expert. Just tossing around ideas mainly.

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm always up For Testing Things.

But of Course this is NE Pennsylvania & I Can't Tolerate the Cold.
So Wrong type of year Right Now :thumbsup:

I feel ya there. It's 53 here and I still don't want to go out in it lol. And that I'm still recovering from pneumonia makes it a bit worse. But there's usually always a couple extra rods lying around so just let me know if you get in the mood to try it out when it warms up.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ah, sorry Darke. Didn't realize someone would quote that post so soon. Kinda felt like it was getting too off topic and deleted it. I was commenting on some of the things I've read about the "Observer Effect" but I'm no expert. Just tossing around ideas mainly.

Lol pretty sure we went off topic on the first page. Since you deleted the post I'll delete the quote. Tossing around ideas, theories and conjecture is about all we can do. Not unless some is willing to fund a large scale test into these areas. Any takers?:tongue3:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ones such as quantum mechanics find errors in and other super string models virtually wipe out both of Eisenstein's relativity theories. Unified field and M theory attempt to merge all fields and so far M theory has held up the most.

I don't think that is correct. Einstein used a quantum-based theory to explain the photoelectric effect. His Special and Relative theories have been expanded upon with modern quantum mechanics - but there is no disagreement. Witten's "M-Theory" starts with Einstein's model of gravity. Both M-Theory and Superstring theories (of various types) add in some non-gravity and/or supergravity concepts. No one wiped out Einstein's work. They are standing on it. Planck and Heisenberg, too.

And it works whether you believe in it or not or hold your tongue a certain way.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think that is correct. Einstein used a quantum-based theory to explain the photoelectric effect. His Special and Relative theories have been expanded upon with modern quantum mechanics - but there is no disagreement. Witten's "M-Theory" starts with Einstein's model of gravity. Both M-Theory and Superstring theories (of various types) add in some non-gravity and/or supergravity concepts. No one wiped out Einstein's work. They are standing on it. Planck and Heisenberg, too.

And it works whether you believe in it or not or hold your tongue a certain way.

If it was that simple there wouldn't even be a debate. Relativity and quantum gravity will never coexist no matter how many theories try to bring it together. In the case of quantum mechanics either it will replace relativity or we'll see a completely new concept emerge. The 5 accepted super string theories do build upon Einsteins original quantum paper(i won't call it a theory since it's not) and he spend most of the end of his life trying to discredit it. Other not so accepted superstrings disagree with a lot of relativity.

This same debate rages on everyday between quantum and theoretic physicists. The worlds love Einstein as person is about the only reason we accept his plagiarism and hacked together theories same as we do with Edison. A workable theory doesn't really make it complete or correct just workable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread