Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Long range locater way back in early 1990s

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    9021 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darke View Post
    .... A workable theory doesn't really make it complete or correct just workable.
    Huh ? What does this mean , in regards to this subject ? If something doesn't work, then something doesn't work.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

us
    Jul 2018
    Western Colorado
    One that finds gold good.
    586 times
    Treasure Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin Creek View Post
    I had a friend over 20 years ago who owned a long range finder. It came with a square box that had digital settings that you could set to gold, silver, etc. It also had 2 wires that you stuck in the ground, and two "L" shaped rods you held in your hands while locating. He paid close to $2000. for that long range finder, moved away and when I heard he passed away, I called his family to inquire about buying it from them only to find out they didn't know what it was and sold it to a pawn shop. I can't remember what it was called, but he had real good luck with it while living here in Arkansas. Does anyone on Treasure.net have any idea what this was actually called?
    I was watching an episode of Expedition Unknown Butch Cassidys lost loot, Josh Gates was in Browns Park with two brothers they floated down the Green River with the one brother. When they left the boat they meet with the other brother he was using the machine you are asking about i am sure they showed a photo of it.
    jeff of pa likes this.
    Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the money.

us
    Jul 2018
    Western Colorado
    586 times
    Treasure Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin Creek View Post
    I had a friend over 20 years ago who owned a long range finder. It came with a square box that had digital settings that you could set to gold, silver, etc. It also had 2 wires that you stuck in the ground, and two "L" shaped rods you held in your hands while locating. He paid close to $2000. for that long range finder, moved away and when I heard he passed away, I called his family to inquire about buying it from them only to find out they didn't know what it was and sold it to a pawn shop. I can't remember what it was called, but he had real good luck with it while living here in Arkansas. Does anyone on Treasure.net have any idea what this was actually called?
    I believe it is and OMNI RANGE MASTER
    Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the money.

gb
    Oct 2018
    doncaster south yorks
    excalibur soverighn whites beach hunter 300 lazer b3
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    any one used the TFR1 long range locaters interested in them to try find hoards .any info most apreciated

us
    Nov 2011
    561 times
    I haven't used that one but many others. The whole idea of a hand-held is not the way it works. The signal line to the target takes a while to develop. What i say is put the rod on the ground (pointing up) and wait five minutes then circle it with an L-rod (or bent welding rod) to find the line.

I realize many people do not understand. I know a guy who knows somebody who bought one. Never heard another word about it. If i was going to buy a hand-held, I would look at the X-Finder Gold. Or the Gold Line costs more has a "fixed" handle (does not need to swivel). I haven't used either one.
    Last edited by signal_line; Dec 24, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Nov 2011
    561 times
    I've been messing with a locator that does not use L-rods. I call it the Contraption. Yeah, I am the impatient type. Don't like to wait five minutes (or more, sometimes less) for the signal line to develop. So when I don't wait, most times the signal line is not going to my practice target. Longer distance, the longer it takes to develop.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.

us
    Jul 2018
    Western Colorado
    586 times
    Treasure Cache Hunting
    Check out Terra Exploration.

us
    Nov 2011
    561 times
    I don't like to discuss this, but the idea of holding a device that emits energy right near your face or belly is just unnerving to me. Konstantin Meyl talks about it, wrote some books on DNA. basically he says don't get near it and don't use very much power--like lighting an LED brightly is too much.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links