Long range locater way back in early 1990's

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend over 20 years ago who owned a long range finder. It came with a square box that had digital settings that you could set to gold, silver, etc. It also had 2 wires that you stuck in the ground, and two "L" shaped rods you held in your hands while locating. He paid close to $2000. for that long range finder, moved away and when I heard he passed away, I called his family to inquire about buying it from them only to find out they didn't know what it was and sold it to a pawn shop. I can't remember what it was called, but he had real good luck with it while living here in Arkansas. Does anyone on Treasure.net have any idea what this was actually called?

I was watching an episode of Expedition Unknown Butch Cassidys lost loot, Josh Gates was in Browns Park with two brothers they floated down the Green River with the one brother. When they left the boat they meet with the other brother he was using the machine you are asking about i am sure they showed a photo of it.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend over 20 years ago who owned a long range finder. It came with a square box that had digital settings that you could set to gold, silver, etc. It also had 2 wires that you stuck in the ground, and two "L" shaped rods you held in your hands while locating. He paid close to $2000. for that long range finder, moved away and when I heard he passed away, I called his family to inquire about buying it from them only to find out they didn't know what it was and sold it to a pawn shop. I can't remember what it was called, but he had real good luck with it while living here in Arkansas. Does anyone on Treasure.net have any idea what this was actually called?

I believe it is and OMNI RANGE MASTER

ottermansb

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2018
doncaster south yorks uk
Detector(s) used
excalibur soverighn whites tdi beach hunter deepstar 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any one used the TFR1 long range locaters interested in them to try find hoards .any info most apreciated

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used that one but many others. The whole idea of a hand-held is not the way it works. The signal line to the target takes a while to develop. What i say is put the rod on the ground (pointing up) and wait five minutes then circle it with an L-rod (or bent welding rod) to find the line.

I realize many people do not understand. I know a guy who knows somebody who bought one. Never heard another word about it. If i was going to buy a hand-held, I would look at the X-Finder Gold. Or the Gold Line costs more has a "fixed" handle (does not need to swivel). I haven't used either one.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been messing with a locator that does not use L-rods. I call it the Contraption. Yeah, I am the impatient type. Don't like to wait five minutes (or more, sometimes less) for the signal line to develop. So when I don't wait, most times the signal line is not going to my practice target. Longer distance, the longer it takes to develop.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like to discuss this, but the idea of holding a device that emits energy right near your face or belly is just unnerving to me. Konstantin Meyl talks about it, wrote some books on DNA. basically he says don't get near it and don't use very much power--like lighting an LED brightly is too much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread