Reading your mind

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a note I have not got this one to work yet, so you might want to look around for something more current. But this one is an EEG brain wave reader that has several different wave frequencies but the one most people would be interested in is the meditation band. This one uses the Mind Flex but others use Mind Wave which is probably preferable.

And of course this is a training device to help people learn how to calm the mind for any/all L-rod LRL or dowsing--anything that accesses the subconscious. There is no exceptions or shortcuts--you must learn some form of meditation even just the most basic. Learn it yourself and you will be way ahead.

So you have to take it apart and solder a couple wires to it as it is directly wired to the Arduino. That's about all this one needs. Others I think run on blue tooth and i don't know much about that.

Enjoy.

P.S. No smartphone is needed, just the Mind Flex headset you can buy on ebay or wherever fairly inexpensive. Might even find a new one but i wouldn't spend too much on it.

https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com/how-to/howto-read-your-own-mind-0117054/

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
More Whiskey please.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a note I have not got this one to work yet, so you might want to look around for something more current. But this one is an EEG brain wave reader that has several different wave frequencies but the one most people would be interested in is the meditation band. This one uses the Mind Flex but others use Mind Wave which is probably preferable.

And of course this is a training device to help people learn how to calm the mind for any/all L-rod LRL or dowsing--anything that accesses the subconscious. There is no exceptions or shortcuts--you must learn some form of meditation even just the most basic. Learn it yourself and you will be way ahead.

So you have to take it apart and solder a couple wires to it as it is directly wired to the Arduino. That's about all this one needs. Others I think run on blue tooth and i don't know much about that.

Enjoy.

P.S. No smartphone is needed, just the Mind Flex headset you can buy on ebay or wherever fairly inexpensive. Might even find a new one but i wouldn't spend too much on it.

https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com/how-to/howto-read-your-own-mind-0117054/

Maybe you could do it, make a video and post it for us all to see.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I used the Mind Flex AND the Mind Wave back in the early 70's. BOTH accessed my subconscious. I cannot describe the experience. After a few times, did not care to repeat it.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this configuration it doesn't do anything other than read your brainwaves and display the results on your computer monitor. It won't make you meditate or anything--you have to take the initiative. Like with the lie detector, some breathing exercise to calm the mind to reach that meditative/Zen-like state.

It ain't no wonder people can't dowse or use an L-rod or LRL. There might be a few people in the world who can achieve that state without much work, but that's what i've said--it's more work thatn most any sane people is willing to commit to. You gotta want it, you gotta love it. Most people NEVER get it.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Arduino based lie detector is easier and costs less and is a newer design. So it won't give you any set-up issues. Honestly I don't know how accurate that meditation band monitoring really is but I plan to attempt to get it running sometime fairly soon--like maybe this year. LOL

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Auduino is just a "hobbyist" micro-controller. Are you hooking it up to a printing chart plotter or some type of oscilloscope to establish a baseline and calibrate responses?

Or just measuring skin conductivity with a couple LED's? Hint - squeeze or loosen your grip on the "probes" and you will be able to control the readings by changing the amount of skin in contact at a given time.

Heck, call it an "E-Meter" and you can build a whole religion around it.

One wonders how Eastern monks have been able to meditate for thousands of years without devices of any kind. Ohmmmmm . . . meter.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't read my mind, you will not like what is in there!

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Auduino is just a "hobbyist" micro-controller. Are you hooking it up to a printing chart plotter or some type of oscilloscope to establish a baseline and calibrate responses?

Or just measuring skin conductivity with a couple LED's? Hint - squeeze or loosen your grip on the "probes" and you will be able to control the readings by changing the amount of skin in contact at a given time.

Heck, call it an "E-Meter" and you can build a whole religion around it.

One wonders how Eastern monks have been able to meditate for thousands of years without devices of any kind. Ohmmmmm . . . meter.

Everytime I hear Emeter the tomato pictures pop into my head lol. That could be a new LRL design....it feels the emotional pain of the treasure not being found and calls out to it.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, 'reading your mind' is another misnomer. Really you are trying NOT to read your mind by getting it to quiet down. Sounds easy but not so easy in practice. There are some ready-made brainwave readers out there. Emotiv has one with something like 16 channels. Another one called Mind Peak, I think.

This type of equipment is not mandatory, it's the quieting the mind that is everything. Probably don't need some guru to teach this but you have to have the desire, the motivation. Most people do not. One look into the "brain mirror" will quickly confirm that much work is needed. That's why i say learn it yourself and don't rely on others.

I guess i should say don't mess with the Mind Flex unless you have somebody who can help you get it running. The lie detector (GSR) is isw easy to build. And yes, if you move it will affect the readings but you can still earn much about calming the mind from such a device.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i say do it yourself and you'll be ahead, accessing the subconscious is not some "gift" that only a few are allowed to receive--it's available to everyone. And chances are you will be as good or better as someone who refuses to get the feedback--thinks they don't need it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mechanical dependency. You spend more time worrying about the equipment than meditating.

A lawn chair, bait-casting reel, sinker and dough-bait on a hook is my meditation equipment. Sometimes interrupted by a catfish. ;-)

And then I have a full tummy later to show for it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it's not as much fun as sitting around drinking beer and whatever. Probably more discipline than many/most want. That's what I meant about 'you gotta want it, you gotta love it'. That's also why i said don't rely on others to do it for you because they ain't gonna.

P.S. That's why i am working on my A-EL Contraption. (All-Electronic Locator). It's because no one wants to take the time to learn the L-rods. Once you hook up that lie detector it takes about five seconds to realize your mind is not calm. Not even close. There are days you will not even be able to get it to calm down. They call it the sub-conscious for a reason--it's because you are not aware of what is happening there.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like in the early days of this country, people could just nail a shingle up on their door claiming they were a dentist or whatever. Many people died in the dentist's chair.
Fast forward to today things have not changed much in the world of dowsing/psychic stuff. Greed motivated for sure.

I mean there should be some kind of test to get certified--that lie detector would be a good start. But as it is there is nothing and anybody can make the claim and not much else.

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad mainstream electronics don't act like LRL electronics do by relying on emotional states.

Me: Hey Cortana, play Slayer.
Cortana: I'm sorry Remy, based on your mood here is some John Tesh instead.

Sets GPS.
GPS: I really don't like that location. I think you should drive in circles during rush hour instead,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread