New LRL gold rush?

audreamer

Greenie
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just exchanged a few emails with a certain LRL manufacturer. They have literally had to discontinue their non-LRL devices because the demand for their LRLs is so extreme. I was going to order one of their PI detectors but they don't even have the ability to make it anymore. Their geo-resistivity devices are also discontinued. Based on the prices of this particular company's LRLs it looks like people are really starting to believe in this technology. Looking at the schematics and photos of the innards of some of these contraptions, one thing is for sure. Someone out there is striking gold! :2barsgold::2barsgold::2barsgold::laughing7:

Why oh why didn't I start an LRL business... DOH!

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never too late to start lol. How much you'll make is dependent on your own moral compass though.

OP
OP
A

audreamer

Greenie
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Never too late to start lol. How much you'll make is dependent on your own moral compass though.

You have to wonder how much the discussions on this forum have contributed to people's faith in the machines. Some of these threads get plenty of hits. Not many people commenting though. Maybe all those lurkers think they found the priceless secret to locating hidden treasures and are keeping a closed lip? Hehe. Best of luck to everyone.

If the devices work to bring anyone even just within several meters of a true target location then personally I don't have any problem with the big price tags. If you look at some of the other devices out there going for $10k+, you still have to be crazy lucky to find yourself just above a target(s) before getting your money back. Yes the devices are simple in their construction and probably cost peanuts to build. But its what they can potentially do that counts. So the question is can they actually locate anything.

My personal experience with MFD LRLs and electroscopes has been very bad. One time we had a guy who owned one of the most expensive electroscopes on the market come to a site where we had already confirmed there was a very big gold deposit. He paid $9-$10k for this thing. It was one of the models from GER. The Titan 400 or 1000, I can't remember. But we wanted to see if this thing could actually do what the company claimed it could do. He was standing literally a few feet away from the gold and the electroscope kept "locking on" to something in the almost exact opposite direction. I still remember the excited look on his face "There must be something REALLY big over there." Haha. Then there was another guy I knew who hired an Italian man who owned an MFD LRL. The kind that allows you to set specific frequencies and plant the probe in the ground so you can then walk in a circle around it with L-rods in your hand looking for a signal line. This guy paid the Italian over $3k for his "locating services". But the amount he lost trying to excavate all the false targets far eclipsed that number. The equivalent of 1.5 million USD down the drain. He never even found so much as an abnormal looking rock. That guy went bankrupt soon afterwards. Can't really blame the Italian because he also believed in the results he was getting. Be careful out there folks.

I'm still waiting with an open mind to be convinced though. The idea of this technology working is just too enticing to me.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... They have literally had to discontinue their non-LRL devices because the demand for their LRL's is so extreme.....

Curious why your conclusion wasn't :

"Wow, they must really work ! Because otherwise people wouldn't be buying them in droves"

Why isn't the demand and sales for them indicative of : Proof-of-their merit ? Proof that they perform ?

OP
OP
A

audreamer

Greenie
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Curious why your conclusion wasn't :

"Wow, they must really work ! Because otherwise people wouldn't be buying them in droves"

Why isn't the demand and sales for them indicative of : Proof-of-their merit ? Proof that they perform ?

Well, I was thinking that even the idea that they COULD work is so intoxicating to people that they're willing to throw down wads of cash. The reason I'm not convinced that they work is because of my own personal experiences and experiences of others I know which were described in the previous post. But maybe you're right.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to wonder how much the discussions on this forum have contributed to people's faith in the machines. Some of these threads get plenty of hits. Not many people commenting though. Maybe all those lurkers think they found the priceless secret to locating hidden treasures and are keeping a closed lip? Hehe. Best of luck to everyone.

If the devices work to bring anyone even just within several meters of a true target location then personally I don't have any problem with the big price tags. If you look at some of the other devices out there going for $10k+, you still have to be crazy lucky to find yourself just above a target(s) before getting your money back. Yes the devices are simple in their construction and probably cost peanuts to build. But its what they can potentially do that counts. So the question is can they actually locate anything.

My personal experience with MFD LRLs and electroscopes has been very bad. One time we had a guy who owned one of the most expensive electroscopes on the market come to a site where we had already confirmed there was a very big gold deposit. He paid $9-$10k for this thing. It was one of the models from GER. The Titan 400 or 1000, I can't remember. But we wanted to see if this thing could actually do what the company claimed it could do. He was standing literally a few feet away from the gold and the electroscope kept "locking on" to something in the almost exact opposite direction. I still remember the excited look on his face "There must be something REALLY big over there." Haha. Then there was another guy I knew who hired an Italian man who owned an MFD LRL. The kind that allows you to set specific frequencies and plant the probe in the ground so you can then walk in a circle around it with L-rods in your hand looking for a signal line. This guy paid the Italian over $3k for his "locating services". But the amount he lost trying to excavate all the false targets far eclipsed that number. The equivalent of 1.5 million USD down the drain. He never even found so much as an abnormal looking rock. That guy went bankrupt soon afterwards. Can't really blame the Italian because he also believed in the results he was getting. Be careful out there folks.

I'm still waiting with an open mind to be convinced though. The idea of this technology working is just too enticing to me.

They sell for the same reason metaphysics shop exist and people visit them in droves. People want to believe. And they love anecdotal evidence. Throw in a little pseudoscience and boom you got a LRL instead of a dowsing rod. I know the dowsing rods I build magically turn into LRLs when they reach the hands of resellers quite often. Most of threads in here should shake their faith instead of reinforce it though. Especially the proof Carl posts. And he gets a lot of attacks for it.

OP
OP
A

audreamer

Greenie
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They sell for the same reason metaphysics shop exist and people visit them in droves. People want to believe. And they love anecdotal evidence. Throw in a little pseudoscience and boom you got a LRL instead of a dowsing rod. I know the dowsing rods I build magically turn into LRLs when they reach the hands of resellers quite often. Most of threads in here should shake their faith instead of reinforce it though. Especially the proof Carl posts. And he gets a lot of attacks for it.

You have to wonder if the elaborate electrical additions to these devices are basically just convincing people that the electronics are actually doing something and therefore they are sometimes working as dowsing rods because of the belief they generate in the people using the devices. It seems that could be possible in the cases where people actually locate and recover something with these things. But of course you'd have to accept that dowsing works before accepting that theory.

Looking at the break down on Carl's page of the schematics, it all seems totally meaningless. Unless someone has accidentally tapped in to some kind of hidden part of physics (that even they themselves do not understand) by slapping together random wires and circuit boards, the electroscopes are really just expensive dowsing rods.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... even the idea that they COULD work is so intoxicating to people that they're willing to throw down wads of cash. ....

... they love anecdotal evidence. Throw in a little pseudoscience and ....
No ! No ! Say it isn't so ! The demand ($$) for them is proof positive ! And the testimonials and photos are beyond question. Right ? Right ?

.... Looking at the break down on Carl's page of the schematics, it all seems totally meaningless....

Which only means that A) Carl didn't practice long enough, and B) It's un-discovered science. Right ?

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to wonder if the elaborate electrical additions to these devices are basically just convincing people that the electronics are actually doing something and therefore they are sometimes working as dowsing rods because of the belief they generate in the people using the devices. It seems that could be possible in the cases where people actually locate and recover something with these things. But of course you'd have to accept that dowsing works before accepting that theory.

Looking at the break down on Carl's page of the schematics, it all seems totally meaningless. Unless someone has accidentally tapped in to some kind of hidden part of physics (that even they themselves do not understand) by slapping together random wires and circuit boards, the electroscopes are really just expensive dowsing rods.

William Jensen actually claims something of that sort with his radionic devices. He claims exact models of transistors have to be used in order to generate scalar waves. He also claimed this is why the Electroscopes work. His claim was Alfilani stumbled upon the same thing Hieronymus did. Apparently when Bill purchased all Hieronymus' papers after his death these thing were detailed.

I stay open minded with dowsing but I'll take a metal detector over a dowsing rod any day lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

audreamer

Greenie
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
William Jensen actually claims something of that sort with his radionic devices. He claims exact models of transistors have to be used in order to generate scalar waves. He also claimed this is why the Electroscopes work. His claim was Alfilani stumbled upon the same thing Hieronymus did. Apparently when Bill purchased all Hieronymus' papers after his death these thing were detailed.

I stay open minded with dowsing but I'll take a metal detector over a dowsing rod any day lol.

Never heard of those guys before. Looks like I have something new to research.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call them "Assisted Dowsing Rods" :laughing7:

I actually suggested "enhanced dowsing" when I did the TFR boxes. That was shot down pretty fast because people buy LRLs not dowsing rods. And apparently if you don't charge enough for them people think they won't work. GER really takes that to an extreme.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never heard of those guys before. Looks like I have something new to research.

Look up Hieronymus machine. It'll lead you down a spiral that makes LRLs look like pure science lol. Don't miss the part about India ink.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
About the longest I want to locate is with my Zed.

Besides, if the market has gone mad for these, then why has it not hit Tnet. I am sure there is a good reason, not hardly anything on here about a Zed or the after market coils for the Zed.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... if the market has gone mad for these, then why has it not hit Tnet. ....

I assume you are wondering why we're not seeing show & tell results ? Ie.: In the same fashion that md'rs proudly show off their bragging rights trophies, all-the-time on T'net "today's finds", then ...... why aren't we seeing the finds from these unconventional methods ? (dowsing, LRLs, digital photography, etc...)

If I've understood your question correctly, I'll answer on their behalf:

They're after big ticket items (caches, etc...) . Not individual fumble fingers coins and rings like the md'rs find. Thus there won't be show & tell from this sector. Since "loose lips sink ships". Ie.: they fear the IRS (taxes) , and thieves that will target their homes. Thus ...: No show & tell .

And another: All those persons that *did* try it, and didn't find anything, simply didn't do it right. Didn't practice long enough. And ... durned those sun spots and solar flares anyhow.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I assume you are wondering why we're not seeing show & tell results ? Ie.: In the same fashion that md'rs proudly show off their bragging rights trophies, all-the-time on T'net "today's finds", then ...... why aren't we seeing the finds from these unconventional methods ? (dowsing, LRLs, digital photography, etc...)

If I've understood your question correctly, I'll answer on their behalf:

They're after big ticket items (caches, etc...) . Not individual fumble fingers coins and rings like the md'rs find. Thus there won't be show & tell from this sector. Since "loose lips sink ships". Ie.: they fear the IRS (taxes) , and thieves that will target their homes. Thus ...: No show & tell .

And another: All those persons that *did* try it, and didn't find anything, simply didn't do it right. Didn't practice long enough. And ... durned those sun spots and solar flares anyhow.

Understood, makes sense as I sure as heck will not be showing off any finds with the Zed, nor have I met someone who does.

But yeah I could see it now, be like coming on here showing off your finds from a nice patch and telling folks the general area. My best day ever was 82 grams, but nothing over 2 grams, wife, brother in law, son and four other members here, we where all on it following it through that wash, best was 109 grams that day, mine was the worst, its always the worst.

But yeah I could see it now, all of us showing our finds from that group hunt and sharing where it was. Be a mad house of trespassing night stalkers, likely freak out border patrol as well with all them head lamps. They seem to have very odd uneducated ideas about border crossers. But I guess some where, they get taught that the Mexican Government is handing out GPZ 7000s to anyone who wants to go to the US.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides, if the market has gone mad for these, then why has it not hit Tnet.

I suspect the big market is 3rd world artisanal miners. Those guys don't hang out on TNet.

OP
OP
A

audreamer

Greenie
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I suspect the big market is 3rd world artisanal miners. Those guys don't hang out on TNet.

Carl, I was thinking something like that could be possible also. But the company I'm talking about also offers treasure locating services. They are fully booked for the next two years out. With everything but their LRL technology (which is almost all based on the MFD method) being discontinued it seems whoever is booking these guys for their services is more interested in what they can do with their LRLs. Seems to say a lot... What's your take on it?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the company I'm talking about also offers treasure locating services.

There is a lot of activity in the Philippines, most of it based on dowsing and LRLs, along with phony maps and "eyewitness" accounts. They've hired LRL locating services quite often in the past. The smart locating service works on fees, not commissions, because no one ever finds anything in the Philippines. Just holes everywhere.

BTW, if you're talking about Fitzgerald, I'm not aware he has ever found anything in his life. But he's a good talker.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a lot of activity in the Philippines, most of it based on dowsing and LRLs, along with phony maps and "eyewitness" accounts. They've hired LRL locating services quite often in the past. The smart locating service works on fees, not commissions, because no one ever finds anything in the Philippines. Just holes everywhere.

BTW, if you're talking about Fitzgerald, I'm not aware he has ever found anything in his life. But he's a good talker.

Middle East isn't much different either. They purchase a ton of LRLs from Aliexpress and TaoBao.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread