Creyke depthing method

biglizer

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks
Am curious about this method of determining depth by dowsing...am not a dowser,i only use MFD
But on finding depth i find it to be some how accurate
I always put steel rod connected with mfd ,always left to resonate for 5-10 mins ,then i find a signal line ,after finding it ,i then put a steel rod at the center of the target ....then i do creyke depthing method...
My question is how realible is this method??
Thanks

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard of something a bit different. Put the stake in the ground then attach a wire like a clothesline. So you walk out the wire until you get a rod response. That distance from the stake is your depth.

If you have layers of clay or multiple nearby targets it might not be so easy.

At least this is physical dowsing which has a better chance of success than the psychic stuff some call mental dowsing or ESP (map dowsing falls into this category). An example of psychic would be if you stand over the spot and count the depth until the rod responds. Any of that psychic stuff is highly unreliable/inaccurate. So stick with the physical stuff and you have a better chance.

One time I was watching a water dowser walk over an underground stream. I felt this jolt, and i was just standing nearby maybe ten feet away.

No expert here, but it seems to me there is some eddy currents and the idea is to break them up like how a broken ring does not respond well to a metal detector.

Again, my take here, the human body has enough charge that many times just walking through the area can break up the currents if they are weak.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it may well be that when the field collapses that is the dowsing response you feel. Sure seems like this is a capacitive discharge spike. I've seen the same thing with a GSR meter--a quick, sharp meter spike.

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's as accurate as any other method aside from GPR or a sample bore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread