Giot a question for the LRL guys

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start by saying ive been an avid detectorist since the mid 70's, Ham Radio Operator (KD5YQF) Anyway I am curious, I was reading an old post on here about people being scammed...One guy said his friend had buried a jar of coins in his backyard, and him, and his buddy got a "signal line" on it, and dug the loot..OK, fine, but what kept the coins in their pockets, or the coins in nearby homes, or all the money in the nearby bank (if there was a bank) from reacting?? On the same line i've been curious when you are searching for gold what keep the device from registering your own wedding band, or gold in other directions??? Same for paper money, its everywhere.... Thanks for the replies..Tom

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good question. The reason is: The devices don't work in the first place. They just tilt to wherever someone is subconsciously tilting it to.

If anyone has anecdotal stories things they've found with them, then there are other explanations at play that, that have been discussed on other threads:

a) They are using a detector to "pinpoint" (that's the ticket), b) They are digging around where they already had reason to suspect something (eg.: "we think grandpa buried a jar by this tree"), etc...

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, lots of gold everywhere. You left out the gold particles in the soil. A weight filter is nice to have. But also you try to pinpoint the spot, but like i say "Nothing is as easy as it first appears."

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... You left out the gold particles in the soil.....

Durned those gold particles in-the-soil after all.

So as you see, it's: "Gold particles in the soil". Not a "dry hole" or "zero results".

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Durned those gold particles in-the-soil after all.

So as you see, it's: "Gold particles in the soil". Not a "dry hole" or "zero results".

"Damn you micron gold! Damn you all to hell!" Read in Charlton Heston voice for greater affect.:laughing7:

Mitch Dickson

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing works just fine. LRLs are another matter! Moses dowsed up water. The Apache used dowsing to find game and fish. The US Army spent years to perfect remote viewing which was about 1/2 dowsing. Henry Gross found thousands of wells and could do so at any distance!!! The spanish used dip needles and dowsing to locate gold veins. Granny could take a key and tell you if your having a girl or boy! And she would never be wrong!!! One professional dowser went to the Navy and gave them a map of where every Russian submarine was located. They laughed till he gave them another map showing the position of every US Submarine. They didn't laugh so much then. In fact, he was never again allowed to leave the country as a possible National Security Risk. Marines dowsed up tunnels in Viet Nam!!! It's there and it works quite well for some. But a LRL is a con to make you think there is a machine that will make you a miracle dowser. Only lots of practise and the gift to start with can do that. You cannot buy it!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll probably have better luck on the dowsing page. I doubt anyone agrees with you around here. i spent years working at the dowsing and when I found the frequency generators (MFD's), the fire was lit. Or as they say "Houston, we have ignition."

Last edited:
OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ok, but I still would like an explanation from the believers..Dowsing seems even more far fetched..Keys to dowse whether the baby is a boy or girl????

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Oh ok, but I still would like an explanation from the believers..Dowsing seems even more far fetched..Keys to dowse whether the baby is a boy or girl????

You're still looking for the reason why the LRL doesn't simply point to the nearest cash register, or the coins or rings that a person has one them, etc... Right ? And instead, points to a supposed ring or handful of coins off yonder somewhere, right ?

Well how about this answer: It's the wonderful marvel of LRLs. Because, of course, no one needs to know there's coins in his pocket, the cash register, or the ring is on his finger. We ALREADY know those things. Instead, the LRL marvelously knows which objects the user wants to find. Rather than the object he doesn't want to find.

Kind of like a metal detector that has discrimination to eliminate unwanted objects. Eh ? :tongue3:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now now Tom. Do not underestimate the power of the dark si.... I mean of a 555 timer.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
the only LRL thats real it is owned by NASA and uses millions of watts ....and yes DEW , HARP , RODS OF GOD , and few other are real ....but hand held units be it a elm branch or a box of wires is just a scam ...u want to waste your time and money join the fortune teller forum

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I figured that's where the MFD's came from--a NASA scientist helped Dell with the frequencies. I don't know but i think Gordon Cooper used one in his space capsule when he was searching for Russian submarines. But don't tell anyone.

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to hear a fanciful yarn....

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's right everybody. LRL's do NOT work. PLEASE, for me, just keep believing that they don't work. And keep laughing at them in the background. But just indulge me a little just for kicks ok? Give us a challenge and put your money where your mouth is. Offer reward money to me and my buddy John and if we can't find a target with John's LRL that you bury yourself, we get nothing. We'll video the search live with you and as many witness's that you like, and we'll post the video here as evidence. That would be a great way for you critics to make us look like laughing stock idiots right? Let me give you a little hint tho. YOU DON'T WANT TO CHALLENGE US! Golden Recoveries ? The Hunt For Lost Gold Coin Hoards Buried On Land Across The U.S.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Give us a challenge and put your money where your mouth is. Offer reward money to me and my buddy John and if we can't find a target with John's LRL that you bury yourself, we get nothing. We'll video the search live with you and as many witness's that you like, and we'll post the video here as evidence. .....

Surely you're not serious ? This has come up over and over and over again. LRLrs (and dowsers) swear up and down they can do it, they can pass tests, etc... But the moment they are tested in a double-blind test with skeptics (thus NOT the LRL'rs OWN test), they fail . And then sure as heck: The excuses roll out . Take your pick: 1) durned sun spots that day 2) Unfair test (despite that they agreed ahead of time to the protocols), 3) Unfair tester who somehow rigged the test with a magnet in their pocket etc...

And despite how many of these failed tests get shown on Youtube videos, there's always someone else that will say "those persons weren't skilled enough, yet I can pass the test". And .... yet ..... there's never any double-blind tests we can view, to put the matter to rest. All we have is claims, and anecdotal (non-double-blind) videos.

If you ever get someone to take you up on your challenge, and your claims are substantiated (such that it can't be chalked up to more plausible explanations, terrain clues, random chance, etc...) the world will beat a path to your door. Yet .... all we ever hear is ...... the sound of crickets :(

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
What a joke the orbs and the moons of saturn weren't a lined that day right ....LRL ... L augh R eal L augh ...MAYBE if you use NASA 12 million watt LRL and fine tune it some you have a winner

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give us a challenge and put your money where your mouth is.

Gary, I looked at the Golden Recoveries web site and I'm not seeing any golden recoveries. Have you actually recovered anything? What LRL is John using? Where are you guys based?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread