LRL QUESTION FOR SKEPTICS?

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a marketing research question.

MONEY BACK guarantees seem unprecedented in the Metal Detector & LRL industry and when they are offered there is usually a 15% re-shelving fee attached.

QUESTION? Would you purchase a non- electronic LRL that advertised more features than the expensive electronic versions, with a FREE TRIAL, and a FULL customer satisfaction, no questions asked, MONEY BACK CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE? Dell

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the retail price?

Chub

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forgot to account for return shipping costs...
And the answer is; No.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
This is a loaded question. It is "stacked" at the on-set. So that anyone who says "no" (like Ice-wing) looks mighty foolish. Eg.: "What have you got to loose?" and "who can argue with stacks of gold you might find?", etc... Eh ?

I forget where it the study was done, but .... decades ago, in "Madison Ave" type marketing research, showed that whenever such guarantees were put forth, your sales did indeed increase.

For example: If your competitor offers of a "5 yr. money-back guarantee", you simply offer a "10 yr. money-back guarantee" (even though the product is identical). Presto, your sales jump. It doesn't speak to the efficiency of the product, or say that the 2nd product was any better than the first. It's merely an "eye-appeal" sales pitch.

Or, for example, Sears used to offer a "life-time car battery". So instead of a scale of price for 1, 2, or 5 yr. car battery, they had a LIFETIME battery. It wasn't that the car battery lasted a "life-time" . It was because their marketing department reasoned that .... in 5 yrs. ... typically you would have sold the car by then, lost your receipt, forgotten where you bought it, etc.... In reality, the battery was IDENTICAL to their 5 yr. battery. It was strictly a marketing technique that ..... to the average consumer .... you'd be foolish NOT to spend 2x the $$ on.

So too is it with your question. When you word it the way you word it, then no one can say "no". Yet in reality, speaks nothing to the merits of whether the product works or not. The odds are (Madison Ave. consumer habits), most people are not going to go through the hassles of returning. Or will chalk up their lack of success to "lack of skill". Or will find something (with a detector to "pinpoint", that's the ticket) and will think it works, etc....

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Post-script: This was/is not bashing or badgering. It is an intellectual logical pro/con answer. Answered in/on direct request (calling for skeptics, no less). Ok ? :(

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. FREE shipping to the customer was not mentioned. If is the customers choice to return the product and therefore accepts the cost and added insurance if they wish. Probably under $12 in the US. Thanks for your input?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MONEY BACK guarantees seem unprecedented in the Metal Detector & LRL industry and when they are offered there is usually a 15% re-shelving fee attached.

QUESTION? Would you purchase a non- electronic LRL that advertised more features than the expensive electronic versions, with a FREE TRIAL, and a FULL customer satisfaction, no questions asked, MONEY BACK GUARANTEE? Dell

Dell, I might not be inclined to buy one, but that sounds like a very fair offer.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
non electronic sounds like a pair if divining rods.

chub

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A simple Yes, or No would answer my question. Dell

This may not be a simple yes or no answer(going by the little info provided). As a skeptic, I still know nothing about the product. All I know is what was mentioned in the first post. I haven't even seen a picture of the product. Going by the first post alone for my information? My answer is no.

Less than a grand? That doesn't tell me much either. I wouldn't spend 100 bucks on one, especially not seeing or knowing much of anything about the product. Tom in CA has some good points too and think he was giving advice more than bashing. The price point would make all the difference too, even with a money back guarantee. Some people would pass over if the price is over a certain point. They wouldn't want to bother for that amount. There is some to that too, and research needed to hit that "comfort" number.

And Like he said above, this is not bashing, the thread was intended to draw in us skeptics. :laughing7:

Also, how much more advanced could I possibly make my coat hangers? You do have my interest and curiosity!! Just not my confidence....Yet. How can a non electronic unit have more features?

Your pitching to people who may know very little about LRL because of us being skeptics. Yes or no isn't that simple with what is provided for info so far.

Last edited:

seasiat7

Banned
Jan 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

QUESTION? Would you purchase a non- electronic LRL that advertised more features than the expensive electronic versions, with a FREE TRIAL, and a FULL customer satisfaction, no questions asked, MONEY BACK CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE? Dell

Dell, can you go in to more detail about the additional features you mentioned? Do you have any photos of the device?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, No! TNet considers photos and product info to be advertising and that is not allowed. This is merely a query to learn if Skeptics here are open minded enough to try a Non-Electronic Discriminating LRL if their cost would only be the return postage?
Thank you for your interest. Dell

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, No! TNet considers photos and product info to be advertising and that is not allowed. This is merely a query to learn if Skeptics here are open minded enough to try a Non-Electronic Discriminating LRL if their cost would only be the return postage?
Thank you for your interest. Dell

If I was out and was able to use one as a demo or rent one at a low price? Sure! I would have no problem being open minded and trying one out! But I think where my difference would be is if I had to order, pay upfront(still don't know the cost),and as a skeptic would have the belief that I'm sending it back. Then no. I probably wouldn't waste the time. I'm not sure if that helps answer your question any.

Maybe offer to cover all costs, even return shipping? Then...That might make that much of a difference for people to give it a try!! I think that would be a bad business move though, unless you have full confidence in your product! That would show that you do!! Remember, I'm a "skeptic", so I'm looking for it to fail and any reason for it to be a scam.

Maybe your not looking for opinions, but I'm sitting here thinking "what would I do if I was trying to do what you are?". I think the believers should be your focus on sales. The skeptics will be hard to get. You may be targeting the wrong people if you want sales. That's a tough one!! You would pick more up with demonstrations and loans, hands on. Jumping out to the skeptic will be tough(mail order) most will just skim over an ad and keep going. What will jump out to someone that has no interest? How do you gain interest?

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There won't be any failure. If it doesn't work, it will be because you weren't using it correctly.

If it's a no questions asked money back guarantee with no strings? What would I have to lose?

My hang up at that point would be ...what does it cost? I'm not going to tie up ....just say..4 or 5 hundred bucks to try something, then have to hope it will be returned or credited to me in a timely manner if returned. I've had that happen before too!!

They can take the money out of the account within seconds but take weeks or months to put it back!!! That's a lot of money for a guy like me to have tied up if I'm not happy with a product and waiting.

Or fear of the company closing up after a certain number of sales, then you are stuck with the product, or they don't have the money to pay it back. That's a concern too..or possibility. This is coming From a skeptic looking for the "scam". (just saying since I am the skeptic here.:laughing7:)

I don't think I'd be alone with this line of thinking or concerns either.

If he truly believes in his product, the best way to hook people like me in would be shows or impulse buys when out and about and running into a sales person that would let you hold it in your hands and use it. No money invested until the product could be tried or looked at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There won't be any failure. If it doesn't work, it will be because you weren't using it correctly.

WRONG! If it doesn't work it will be because it won't work in the conditions of that Geographical area, I can't get a $30,000 GPR to work in Clay, or a Salt environment. Not my fault.

As I said, refunds will be given promptly with no questions asked. Limitations will be stated in the advertising. Dell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread