signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if anybody caught my joke about E.M.I.T.A.S. It stands for Electronic Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition. Of course that is an oxymoron.

I guess I shouldn't be saying anything to anybody about this because most people do have their own belief system and they don't want anyone to shatter it. But I figured this one is worth discussing even if it just to myself. LOL

There is a mechanics thing about using the rods or pendulum. You gotta hold everything just right all the time. The GSR really simplifies things--no need to waste your attention on keeping everything just right. It really removes a weak link in the chain. I talk about not being able to chew gum and walk at the same time. People think I am joking but I am serious--the mechanics involved in keeping the instrument balanced just right are a big distraction. Really overwhelming to many/most people. The GSR eliminates this. There's nothing to do but keep still. Way easier to do. Much more difficult to influence thing outcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize the chewing gum and walking analogy might seem like an insult to some people. It wasn't meant that way at all. Maybe I should have said some people have a hard time holding a pendulum or rod and dowsing at the same time. that's really what it's about but some people just want to take offense. The whole thing here is it is a distraction from the actual dowsing and it is too easy to influence the outcome. Just lean a little bit, even if you do it unconsciously and you have influenced things. If you can eliminate the distractions you have a much better chance of getting reliable and accurate results. There are people who do not want you to know this.

A friend sent me the story about a frozen bird. A cow crapped on him and the crap warmed him up. He was so happy he started to chirp but he was still stuck in the crap. A cat was walking along and heard him singing. He dug him out of the crap and ate him. So the moral of the story is not everyone who gives you crap is your enemy, and not everyone who gets you out of crap is your friend. And if you find yourself stuck in crap, keep your mouth shut!

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know on many of the GSR units there can be a problem with the finger electrodes causing false response. The velcro straps are either too loose or too tight and constricting. The Grove GSR has elastic "sleeves" that fit on your fingers and very little falsing.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread