Colorado Gold Sticks anyone know about them? CARL dissected one?

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He has. Gold sticks. One of the boxes I had made(well I did the wiring) was a slightly fancier copy. It's being marketed as a "ghost eliminator".

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing more than a $5 Radio Shack piezo buzzer and a battery. You can hook up a loudspeaker to a frequency generator and be able to set any frequency you like much more accurately. Some people use tone generator app on a smart phone but not very powerful. I hooked up a sub-woofer from our TV sound system to a frequency generator. Shook the whole neighborhood. LOL Got too hot.

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to here from you signal line. I been wondering how you are doing? I got a frequency generator. Just haven't worked out all the kinks I guess.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sub-woofer had a built in amplifier. Carl has an MFD project. I guess you could substitute your F.G. for the 8083 chip he uses--much more stable.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or just buy a cheap NCO function generator which is magnitudes more accurate than decades obsolete ICs, DDS is considered a middle school project now.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to here from you signal line. I been wondering how you are doing? I got a frequency generator. Just haven't worked out all the kinks I guess.

A loudspeaker has two wires. Hook them to the frequency generator. Turn up amplitude all the way. Not very powerful. You can add amplifier like on Carl's MFD. That's the easy part. Learning the L-rods is where everybody has the problems.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...That's the easy part. Learning the L-rods is where everybody has the problems.
Well yes, of course. It's not that the device doesn't work. It's that the user wasn't doing the L-rod part correctly. Irrefutable impenetrable logic. And what works especially well with this statement, is the converse : That if the user DID eventually find a goodie, then: That means he is now doing the L-rod part correctly. It would never mean random chance eventual odds.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing more than a $5 Radio Shack piezo buzzer and a battery. You can hook up a loudspeaker to a frequency generator and be able to set any frequency you like much more accurately. Some people use tone generator app on a smart phone but not very powerful. I hooked up a sub-woofer from our TV sound system to a frequency generator. Shook the whole neighborhood. LOL Got too hot.

Signal, I have a frequency that I wonder if a peizo buzzer can be made DC. 1.9430 hz, is it possible?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No clue about piezo tweeters, but my guess is no. I mean they are not that accurate--usually have a span of several hundred Hz. As for a loudspeaker, you would be talking about sub-sub-woofer frequencies. Don't think they make them to run that low, but you could try. I ran a sub-woofer one time at around 60Hz. It quickly got very hot but it was shaking the neighborhood. Might look at the earthquake type car stereo systems to see what they can do. I'd just try to run the signal through ground probes and the neighbors won't be disturbed. P.S. Never heard of anybody using such a low frequency. I would go with n upper harmonic. x10 or x100

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No clue about piezo tweeters, but my guess is no. I mean they are not that accurate--usually have a span of several hundred Hz. As for a loudspeaker, you would be talking about sub-sub-woofer frequencies. Don't think they make them to run that low, but you could try. I ran a sub-woofer one time at around 60Hz. It quickly got very hot but it was shaking the neighborhood. Might look at the earthquake type car stereo systems to see what they can do. I'd just try to run the signal through ground probes and the neighbors won't be disturbed. P.S. Never heard of anybody using such a low frequency. I would go with n upper harmonic. x10 or x100

Ok, thanks. I dont understand it much. I thought harmonics were x3.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a set of Gold sticks to try. They are nicely made. I have no idea what frequency the piezo buzzer is, that hangs around your neck. No benefit that I saw..

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with that one. What you would need is a frequency generator to drive that signal probably through a set of ground probes. Is that for diamonds?

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with that one. What you would need is a frequency generator to drive that signal probably through a set of ground probes. Is that for diamonds?

Your right about the ground probes. It's a master frequency I discovered years back.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have frequency generators, and tested different frequencies listed on the internet. I discovered that frequency by luck. Made a prototype that only worked for 2 months then quit. That frequency plugged into the ground would resonate any Element placed next to it, then in turn that Element would have enough signal strength to signal distant targets. It is a master key to all Element resonation. But for some crazy unexplained dowsing reason, after two months of working, it slowly stopped working. The frequency quit resonating. I believe it to be enhancement, only working when power is on high.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much power comes from various military stations. They don't always broadcast, and many have shut down over the years, like the LORAN navigation system switched to a different configuration. Several other differences.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have frequency generators, and tested different frequencies listed on the internet. I discovered that frequency by luck. Made a prototype that only worked for 2 months then quit. That frequency plugged into the ground would resonate any Element placed next to it, then in turn that Element would have enough signal strength to signal distant targets. It is a master key to all Element resonation. But for some crazy unexplained dowsing reason, after two months of working, it slowly stopped working. The frequency quit resonating. I believe it to be enhancement, only working when power is on high.
I know it's a power issue, and an enhancement frequency, most likely less than high power to trigger it. I haven't Dowsed self generated frequencies in quite a while. It's exactly the same with the signal generator, OmniRange master, another frequency generator device that I have, that still puts out the dialed frequency, but the frequency is no longer working for resonation. Any one else with an Omnirange want to confirm?

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much power comes from various military stations. They don't always broadcast, and many have shut down over the years, like the LORAN navigation system switched to a different configuration. Several other differences.

It's possible the military VLF is disrupting frequency broadcast. I dont believe Microwave does. I ran some dowsing tests using water boiling in the Microwave. Had some weird test results. But I dont think Microwaves hinder dowsing.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I recall the instructions say to put the probes quite a ways apart from each other. You might want to try having them much closer together, like a few inches.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I recall the instructions say to put the probes quite a ways apart from each other. You might want to try having them much closer together, like a few inches.

Yes, the Omni range probes are recommended 20' apart I believe. The device I had made, but no longer have, was probes 6 inches apart, 3 inches down. It worked great for a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread