Unusual reaction with Lrods

octoberchild

Dec 7, 2007
My set up is DDS generator at 8.7k square wave, two ground probes and two Lrods. So recently while hunting, had strong reaction or rods crossed at, lets say 120 degrees of the circle around the probes but then at exactly +180 degrees or 300 degrees, the rods didn't cross but they both pointed back toward the 120 degree point. These were strong readings. Just wondering if anyone else might have had some reaction like this.
thanks

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can aim the rods at a suspected target but there's no discrimination unless you can do it psychically, and that is unreliable. The signal line IS the discrimination and you have to cross it.

I have a different way of doing things. I use one rod and point it at the transmitter and walk in an octagon pattern, a series of straight lines vs curved is easier to hold the rod straight. When the rod moves, usually the opposite direction of my progress, I stop and back up until the rod responds again. I do this a few times to center on the signal line. Usually at this point I can feel the energy, what I call the "ionic buzz".

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably didn't explain this too well. I hold the rod out from my side, that is 90 degrees from straight ahead.

Another way to use this you can hold the rod out to your side and walk the perimeter of your search area. Doesn't matter if the rod is pointing towards the target area or away from it or if you are walking forwards or backwards. Sometimes it's better not to look, but try it either way.

Once you get the first line, then come in along that line same way with rod aimed 90 degrees (perpendicular) from the line until you get another rod response. You should be close at that point. Usually I get two bumps just before i get to the target. The rod doesn't swing much until I am right on the target.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been in places where one rod will spin around for minutes. I've never seen both of them spin. This seems to happen proximal to ore. My guess is that signals are competing, but it could be that there is a rapid oscillation between the closed and open states. A rapid oscillation would imitate an electric motor. If that is the case, the one rod that was spinning was doing so because it was acting like the core of an electric motor. I never bothered to time this phenomenon. I don't know if it will behave this way all day, when you do observe it. I haven't, either, been able to duplicate this outside of the field, in any controlled manner that might teach me something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread