Obsidian

tninja

Greenie
Apr 13, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone discovered a specific frequency for locating obsidian? Just going over all the different materials that certain objects from our past might be made of. The Mayans used to make huge decapitator swords out of obsidian. Obsidian is an interesting material. I even heard they were making surgical scalpels out of obsidian because its many times sharper than even laser cut metallic blades. It would be fun to gather some obsidian and learn how to make knives/swords out of it.

DRAGON GLASS! :thumbsup:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
There are well over 1000 known obsidian deposits in North America. Grab a rockhound guidebook or look up locations on internet. Once you have collected some, you will have to learn the art of knapping.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
T

tninja

Greenie
Apr 13, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are well over 1000 known obsidian deposits in North America. Grab a rockhound guidebook or look up locations on internet. Once you have collected some, you will have to learn the art of knapping.

Time for more coffee.

Unfortunately there are no known obsidian deposits in my location. I'm not currently living in the states. There may be obsidian deposits that haven't been discovered but so far only a few obsidian artifacts have been recovered that the archaeologists are thinking probably came from a totally different area through exchange. I guess I will have to get some obsidian from somewhere and start experimenting with different frequencies.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions