Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders passed away today, July 15, 2019. This has been posted elsewhere on TNet, but the LRL forums are where Dell called home.

Dell & I had many heated debates over LRLs and were often very rude toward each other on the forums. Several years ago I told Dell I was done, and despite my skepticism toward LRLs I would no longer engage with him on the forums. We agreed to disagree and let it go.

In the past year or so his living situation had become dire and his health was failing. Last November I was in Tallahassee visiting family so I drove down to Auburndale and dropped in on Dell, very much uninvited. I was shocked at Dell's living conditions; he was a half-step from homelessness, living in a cargo trailer. The door was open, I knocked and he said "come in." He had no idea who I was, and when I introduced myself he was absolutely floored. We shook hands, buried the hatchet, and I stayed the rest of the day with him talking treasure, dowsing, LRLs, Big Pharma, and lots of other things. I ran out for some food, and gave him some other assistance. When I left that evening it was with the sad realization that a man with an incredibly fascinating life was destined to end it alone and destitute.

I've been wanting to get back for another visit and just a week ago I called the RV park where he lives to check in on him because he had been silent since March. Everything was reported to be fine, but it appears that he took a sudden turn for the worse. I'm glad it was not a long drawn-out ordeal -- Dell absolutely despised Big Pharma and didn't want to end up where he did.

Though I disagreed with him regarding his LRLs, I can say without hesitation that Dell passionately believed in everything he was doing. There was never any intent to mislead anyone. He certainly had a colorful life with many accomplishments and deserved a far better ending than he got.

--Carl

Rosey Morgan

Feb 16, 2019
Dawnzer Lee Light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for that eulogy, Carl. I remember those days. Good to visit with you again. And good on you for following what I call "the Spirit" and checking in on Dell. That was class act. And a Kindness I'm sure Dell pondered and mused upon until his all aboard was heard and he climbed on the Glory Express and left on his own terms.

Megan "YellowRose" Chick

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May he Rest In Peace.

Carl, I have read hundreds of your posts here and there on forums. Lots of good information and well supported opinions.

This post does you credit. So easy for us to forget that those whose opinions and beliefs differ from ours are the same beings as ourselves, just folks trying to maker their way in a sometimes hard world. Thanks

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Carl you are a kind and thoughtful person as well as others who posted above.
Taking the time to show respect is indeed virtuous. Thank you for letting us know.
May Dell Rest In Peace for the long hard road he traveled. My prayers go out to his family.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell had lots of friends on tnet and other forums in the treasure hunting world, he was a really smart, cool guy and will be missed.... RIP Dell
Your dowsing friend,
Jon :occasion14: :headbang:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl, thank you very much for your post...I very much have enjoyed your "discussions" with Dell over the years...Will miss them...

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is Dell's birthday. August 21, 1933

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread