GDI - Spectra long range locator

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your comments. I am also a skeptic when it comes to speak abot LRL.
So far it seems to give some response compared to previous LRL devices.
We shall see outside on the field if we manage to discover something.
I dont aim for gold. Silver, copper, bronze is also an option always.

"also a skeptic" I am not a skeptic. i am probably one of the strongest proponents to the MFD type equipment. I have a device that is the original configuration from back in the 1980's before L-rods were added. No guesswork, either it hits on the target or it doesn't. No influencing the rods.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any signal generator will work. Many early devices used a 555 timer chip. But yeah, the DDS is cheap now. It's a pulse signal that transmits magnetic energy to the target. The "antenna" does not need to be resonant. Ground probes not needed, either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Pro. IM 45 coil.
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've performed a test with 100g of Aliminium burried in the garden 20cm deep.
I've used Spectra with the frequency for aluminium. It works great. I was able to follow the energy line (where L rods cross each other) till the spot.
When I've made a step further the rods where pointing back giving the hint that target is behind.
Not bad for begining.

Today my plan was to go out for a first scanning on some areas outside village. Unfortunately the weather is not good, sky is close and very big wind...>:(

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I won't give you any more tips. You can find out for yourself.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one of my fiends will help me with video tools I will make some videos and share them on youtube.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Okay I won't give you any more tips. You can find out for yourself."

Signal line, your advices will not be forgotten. I will try to put in practice. Many thanks!

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your comments. I am also a skeptic when it comes to speak abot LRL.

If you bought an LRL, then you are not a skeptic. If you bought more than one LRL, then you are a True Believer.

Maybe a blind test can tell. I've asked a friend to help me. It's not easy to hide jewelry without marking the spot so that dowser dont have a clue where target might be :-)

There are hundreds of wrong ways to do blind tests. If your protocol relies on leaving no trace where the target might be, that's likely one of the Wrong Ways. And since you believe that LRLs actually work, I suspect you have yet to execute a decent test protocol.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L-rods work. It's just that they aren't easy to learn and always that unreliability factor.

Carl, some day maybe you'll get to see how the electronic receiver works. It's like a miracle-can see a gold ring through cast iron from twenty feet away. I still don't believe it after working on this project for three years. And it wouldn't take much to configure it like a lawn mower or even a conventional metal detector should be very easy to build. I'm working on it. Got my sights set on it. It's gonna happen soon.

I've changed around some stuff I had shelved a while back and got it working as good as ever. I got all new frequencies and I won't say who, but a couple of LRL dealers I was using their frequencies I found out their gold freq. was what i now have for iron. No wonder i was getting skunked!!! i will admit this system is different from most so it's going to be using different frequencies.

The whole thing is so unbelievable that's why I have been half-jokingly making the "Jack and the beanstalk" analogy. The other half is it's not far from the truth.

There are old stories that the Chinese had a man-carrying flying machine way back when--"The Flying Carpet". The guy who invented it was so proud he went to the emperor to give it to him. The emperor said, that's nice but now I have to kill you. If the enemy gets it, they will fly over the Great Wall and attack us. Well, the early hang gliders were made of bamboo and plastic. I suspect the Chinese used bamboo and silk. So not a good idea to discount what you hear. Maybe some day there will be a story about this URAD--Ultra Range And Discrimination. Oh, did i mention cost? Yeah, probably about the same price as a mid-to-upper range coin metal detector. not gonna be thousands of $$$$

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl, some day maybe you'll get to see how the electronic receiver works.

Maybe, but so far everyone I've asked to demonstrate such a device has either refused, or utterly failed. You are one of the refusers.

You are correct, the whole thing is "unbelievable."

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recall refusing, but my memory ain't what it used to be. Maybe it wasn't ready for prime time viewing, still probably isn't. You know a good first impression is everything. I've been plenty careful on that one. Actually you might have noticed I have been downplaying this Contraption. Even the name. I've come to the conclusion this things works best at close range, like twenty feet. So something like a lawn mower or metal detector configuration is just going to be more reliable. That will be a game changer if I can get it right. Well, i haven't tried this yet so you know how that goes. Nothing is as easy as it first appears. But i got the idea and that's a good start.

The new frequencies I've set out all sort of items in a line and can point to whichever one i set it to. Gold, silver, diamond, copper, zinc, nickel, magnesium, aluminum, iron, lead, lithium. I'd have to go get my list can't remember them all. At close range usually no time delay. It's not quite as easy as it sounds. Dell's gotta be up there somewhere smiling.

Last edited:

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl,signal line I read all your so called understanding to what device will work and work every time and anywhere land or water and the only reason it does it,s because you have to understand the scientific properties to locating any element you,re looking for .I have been searching for this for 25 years and many years of trying like you guys for the device I use now and no it does not cost hundreds of dollars.it,s very simple and works great .

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40 years here. Kinda like Moses wandering around in the desert. Think i finally found the Promised Land, or maybe just can see it from here. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl,signal line I read all your so called understanding to what device will work and work every time and anywhere land or water and the only reason it does it,s because you have to understand the scientific properties to locating any element you,re looking for .I have been searching for this for 25 years and many years of trying like you guys for the device I use now and no it does not cost hundreds of dollars.it,s very simple and works great .

Are you using some custom made device?
Can you give more details?
Thanks in advance.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry if i gave you the wrong impression. I never said the Contraption works all the time, every time. Any body who says that it ought to be a red flag warning to you. I said it is much more reliable at short range like twenty feet. I didn't go into detail of how it works at longer range. Not as reliable. But usually i can hit a small gold ring from 75 feet within a foot or so (at the lowest power level setting). But sometimes you pick up stray signals and it's not even close. There are ways to check this. Basically move the transmitter and if you don't get a reading at the same spot you've got problems. Bigger targets are easier to lock on to. I take two lines and usually one line is within a few inches (about like aiming a pistol) and the other not quite as good.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using some custom made device?
Can you give more details?
Thanks in advance.

Just remember what i said--L-rods are the weak link in the system. That's assuming you have a nice transmitter to start with. If you don't have a nice transmitter (brain only) then your problems (psychological) are multiplied. This will become clear when you go out in the field and get that bewildered, helpless feeling.

L-rods you want to believe you are right and you influence the rods to agree with you. That's where meditation training come in.

Last edited:

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Critian-Marius for the record it is custom made and my full understanding did,t happen until my mentor through countless years understanding the principals behind what and why and how you have to use this simple device to lock on near and far away targets that most people look for such as gold .I use custom made rod,which has to be all steel and a small magnet on the tip of the antenna.for the transmitter,one round magnet and just put your gold,silver on the south polarity of said magnet .which ever you,re looking for.You must only scan from the north or west direction of area you,re interested to search.Short range scanning ,I normally walk the energy line and the rod will respond as you,re on top of target.Long range scanning,I scan from two points and use my compass on my phone to triangulate area of target that may be land or water.If you use this configuration you will never lock onto any other elements,such as aluminum cans,steel of any kind or minerals that may affect other types of rods.One other thing.if you want to search small areas of interest and not worried to locking on targets far away,put a single magnet to each corner of area you want to search and it will only lock onto target within that area.I used this method many many times with great success .

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Critian-Marius for the record it is custom made and my full understanding did,t happen until my mentor through countless years understanding the principals behind what and why and how you have to use this simple device to lock on near and far away targets that most people look for such as gold .I use custom made rod,which has to be all steel and a small magnet on the tip of the antenna.for the transmitter,one round magnet and just put your gold,silver on the south polarity of said magnet .which ever you,re looking for.You must only scan from the north or west direction of area you,re interested to search.Short range scanning ,I normally walk the energy line and the rod will respond as you,re on top of target.Long range scanning,I scan from two points and use my compass on my phone to triangulate area of target that may be land or water.If you use this configuration you will never lock onto any other elements,such as aluminum cans,steel of any kind or minerals that may affect other types of rods.One other thing.if you want to search small areas of interest and not worried to locking on targets far away,put a single magnet to each corner of area you want to search and it will only lock onto target within that area.I used this method many many times with great success .

I've used magnets. Nothing new. Louis Turenne used them back in the early 1900's. They can work but you still need to learn how to use the L-rod. Most people fail. Main problem besides that big one is you pick up the micron stuff like crazy. That Super Star locator I worked on used magnets in the original version. I went through several versions including coils of magnet wire and resistors. Didn't matter how low of micro amps I used--lower than my multimeter could read--, still picked up the micron stuff. I know darned well people would complain like Hell over that, not to mention the huge task of learning the rods and refusing to learn some basic form of meditation. So you sell it and get a bunch of angry customers. Not doing that. Other people that have in the past ain't got no conscience. I want something that everyone can use and that's why I continue with the electronic receiver. You point that at a target and get a null so distinct, that's what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the Eliminator E120b?
Anyone tried this?
From the seller page it seems to have double function: frequency genererator or mineralization, micron gold discriminator.
Eliminator e120 B long range locator-gold detector
I've tried to find a cheaper version on China market , so far I've seen it in a VR long range detector pack.
Unfortunately the China supplier is not selling it separately.
The version from GDI cost 250 euros.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one. They help with the frequency generators. Didn't have much luck with it on the Super Star because it is not frequency driven. What i found is it does not eliminate the signal on my Contraption but it moves line off to the side so it's not on the target. You can accomplish the same effect by shifting the frequency several Hz.

Another thing about devices that use a witness/sample, you still have to spend money on the samples. Even a small piece of gold ain't cheap. Also what I found with the magnet devices is the area can get saturated and the magnets won't work. So it's difficult to practice with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread