Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Pro. IM 45 coil.
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Anyone using the Spectra long range locator from GDI?
(Deleted by mod for rule violation)

I've tested so far locators from AKS, Golden Queen without any succes.
The Spectra from GDI seems to be able to detect targets buried 50cm deep from 20m. So far I've done all my tests in the garden.

BR,
Cristian

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Anyone using the Spectra long range locator from GDI?
(Deleted by mod for rule violation)

I've tested so far locators from AKS, Golden Queen without any succes.
The Spectra from GDI seems to be able to detect targets buried 50cm deep from 20m. So far I've done all my tests in the garden.

BR,
Cristian

Save your money, they do not work, there is no detector or instrument that can detect gold from 20 miles or even 1 mile. Link was deleted for rule violation, can not post links to non supporting vendors.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used the Spectra, but I've used other frequency generator-powered LRL's. The price is quite steep for what you get--you can buy a cheap freq generator for almost nothing and make a pair of L-rods for even less. The big challenge 99.999% of the people never overcome is learning to use the L-rods reliably. Everyone wants to take the shortcut and not spend the time to learn some form of meditation to reach the Zen-like state. yeah, maybe it's 99.9999% failure rate--one in a million that have some natural Zen ability, but even these very few could improve their technique with some regimented, disciplined practice of thirty minute meditation sessions twice daily.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it looks like a dowsing rod, walks like a dowsing rod, and quacks like a dowsing rod, then it's probably a quack dowsing rod. If you bought one of these, then finding self-planted targets is probably all you're ever gonna find.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spectra is undoubtedly better than a cheap frequency generator but that's not where most people have the problem--it's L-rod use. My opinion many people claim to be able to use them but i can tell you after 35+ years and untold number of hours I still struggle with not influencing them. Yeah, I was just like everybody else and convinced myself I don't need meditation, "I'm smarter than the average person". Fact is the lazy person takes the shortcut and fails. That's why I've been preaching about it for so many years on to deaf ears.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure I will keep practicing.
For the 1st time after testing various LRL devices (gun type) it seems to work and see some results.
I will try to get some help in preparing a blind test, some other person to hide some jewelry.
Then I will try to locate them.
Meanwhile I'm also planning to replace the standard ground probe with some 7mm diameter cooper bars. It might help better when ground balancing.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have watched that video where the guy uses his own probes. Not sure about how that affects the machine. Well, try it and see what happens, can't hurt anything. But my guess it is best to use their probe because that is how the firmware is programmed. Wider probe is going to throw it off. As i recall he used his own probes where the device could not get a good resistance reading--like dry sand.

The problem with someone you know hiding a target is you tend to "read the person" rather than searching for the target. "Where did they hide it?" For practice I close my eyes (actually cover them with my shirt or hat), cover my ears (so not auditory clues. Cover one ear with my bicep and the other ear with my finger same arm.) and spin around a few times, toss the test target, then spin around a few more times and then when i walk away I keep my eyes looking up at the sky so I don't accidentally spot the target.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Spectra what I've seen on tutorials and tried by myself is that the frequency generator + ground probe once is inserted in the ground will create a straight line between device and target ( the shortest distance).
After some minutes when the dowser start to walk in circle around the frequency generator when intersecting with this line the rods will cross.
After few circle walks (3,4,5 m around) the direction is identified. Then dowser will walk in S shape always intersecting with the line making sure the rods cross each other.
When dowser pass over target the rods will turn back or dont cross anymore giving the hint the target is passed over and turn back.
All in all should give a hint over an area where a possible target is located. After a PI or VLF detector can precisely locate the spot for digging.

Thats why I have chosen this locator because it seemed more realistic rather then using a locator gun type like AKS, Golden Queen, etc...Those never worked for me.
It's hard to believe that the device is working based on molecular resonance but seems to give results.

What I think is more complicated would be to ignore very small targets that makes the rods to react. I need to practice more with the weight check.
All in all I am not trying to get rich by finding big treasures. Metal detecting is just a hobby that keeps me going many times outside city in nature.

BR,

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wouldn't the "frequency generator", being closer to the device, be what the device would tend to indicate on rather than a distant non-emitting buried target?

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. It is possible. Then on the point where rods don't respond anymore ( cross each other) might be the distance where signal to frequency generator is lost. Everything is possible.
Maybe a blind test can tell. I've asked a friend to help me. It's not easy to hide jewelry without marking the spot so that dowser dont have a clue where target might be :-)

Assuming the possibility from above it means that if you place the device in a field with no burried targets should make the rods still react on the frequency generator when you walk on circle around it...?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some other tests must be done on different type of targets ( gold, silver, bronze) burried on same field.
Just to see if the device point the right one.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some other tests must be done on different type of targets ( gold, silver, bronze) buried on same field.
Just to see if the device point the right one.

The more likely scenario is it might not point to any of them. But when things are working right, it will point to what you have it set for. Silver is easier to detect. You can go to a city park and there should be some targets there. Not necessarily anything valuable, a lot more gold-plated than solid gold. Most gold jewelry is small and hard to detect. It mainly works on surface area. A bunch of micron gold will resonate amongst itself and give a bigger signal than a small jewelry item. Silver not so much plated stuff.

Like i said, try to use the probe that came with it because that is what it is set for. If you can't get it to start up you are better to dig a hole deeper to get to moist ground.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can go to a city park and there should be some targets there.

I am from Romania. We have different legislation here. Detecting in a public park can create problems with local police.
Even for owning a metal detector you need an authorisation from Police Department where the model of detector and sn of device is specified.
If you have 10 detectors you need 10 separate authorisations.
Many countries in EU are restrictive about detecting.
So far all my tests have been performed in my garden as is a private property.
Also outside city or village is permitted unless is a heritage site. We have thousands in the country from different ages (bronze, iron, dacian, roman, etc...). Is forbiden to detect in an area of 500m from a declared site.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There must be somewhere you can go where people congregate.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uninhabited areas where is not private terrain and is not located near to any archeological site.
Also beach detecting still forbiden here.

Usually relic hunters go in wild terrain looking for
relics or hidden treasures. Many legends exist especially in villages.
Recently I've also explored some caves in the mountains :-)
The legend is that were used by outlaws some hundred years ago. They were stealing from rich and share with poor.
No findings but a good experience.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a google search for the great yoga breath. Practice twenty or thirty minutes twice a day for eight weeks before expecting any results. The idea is to learn to shut out all outside influences, quiet the mind, so you can reach the Zen-like state. This is essential to any L-rod work. Yeah, the LRL pushers won't tell you this. You can start it now or wait until you fail.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i suspect you think i am some LRL skeptic/critic. Think again. Maybe some time I can send you some info from Dell Winders. He started the whole MFD thing with the L-rods. For starters, he says a practical survey is done within a hundred yards/meters. Anything to do with gold the stories get exaggerated. The original geophysical equipment used in airplanes had 10KW of power, and being up in the air they had a direct line of sight to the targets. So unreasonable expectations are implanted into the minds of naive customers and it makes for rich LRL salesmen.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your comments. I am also a skeptic when it comes to speak abot LRL.
So far it seems to give some response compared to previous LRL devices.
We shall see outside on the field if we manage to discover something.
I dont aim for gold. Silver, copper, bronze is also an option always.

abrek

Nov 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

I appreciate your comments. I am also a skeptic when it comes to speak abot LRL.
So far it seems to give some response compared to previous LRL devices.
We shall see outside on the field if we manage to discover something.
I dont aim for gold. Silver, copper, bronze is also an option always.

Product promotion I understand the following;
The "Spectra" probe sends electromagnetic waves to the ground.
I'm a little confused about the electromagnetic wave. It is said that the electromagnetic wave is sent from the probe to the ground. Or, it is said that the em wave that reaches the desired object after resonance returns to the device. However, we know from scientific books that electromagnetic waves can only be generated by means of an antenna proportional to the wavelength to be transmitted.

There is even a formula for calculating the antenna length; With a rough calculation;

Antenna Length = c \ f

So; The antenna length is calculated by dividing the speed of light by the desired frequency.

In this case, an antenna with an average length of 60 meters should be used to produce an em wave at a frequency of 5khz.

Am I wrong?

Is the probe length of "Spectra" too short to produce em waves?

Can you give me an explanation?

Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions