SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have much faith in those. Let's say that company made 100 of those units that shipped all over the earth and they actually worked. That would mean that all the Gold and Silver in the world has already been recovered and there's nothing left for anybody else.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be careful. Looks for everytihng like it has a pivoting antenna. That means 80% human operator skill. It takes a very long time to learn how to use a "body response" locator. Most people never learn how to use one. It looks like it has an ionic antenna, too. That one might be easier to learn because it doesn't move, you just aim it and it beeps or whatever. Lots of money there. I've owned several of the moving antenna type locators and I would not buy another. Just a big PITA.

THJSmith

Greenie
Jan 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on another site was asking about how to use one of these, from what I gathered, he has already bought it.. any of you ever seen One? https://www.geo-electronic.com/en/produkt/mega-g3/

Sadly the person who purchased that unit has taken thousands of dollars and flushed it down the tubes. These are scam devices. They are literally worthless. I saw the one made by GER. The Titan something or other. But they are all the same. 100% Junk. It had no reaction with a known gold deposit that was located just a few feet away. It was also already falling apart everywhere after light use. DO NOT buy one of these or you'll be making a very painful mistake. I know its tempting but trust me on this.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all locators are fraudulent. Even the ones with the pivoting antenna will work if you can learn how to use them. The more bells and whistles usually means more complicated and even more confusing especially if you are trying to learn the pivoting antenna. The extra high price will not help you learn the pivoting antenna.

And I am no fan of handheld frequency generator devices. The way you are supposed to use one is to put it down on the ground for five minutes then circle this transmitter with an L-rod to find the signal line. The signal line IS the discriminator.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on another site was asking about how to use one of these, from what I gathered, he has already bought it.. any of you ever seen One? https://www.geo-electronic.com/en/produkt/mega-g3/

I tell people to learn some basic form of meditation like yoga breathing. Another thing that helped me learn was a GSR meter (galvanic skin response) that measures your skin conductivity. It can really help you to learn to quiet your mind, which is essential to learning any of these pivoting antenna devices.

THJSmith

Greenie
Jan 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signal maybe not all but this one is definitely fraudulent. There are some people in Turkey pumping these things out. I wouldn't be surprised if this one is made by the same group who makes the GER devices. You can tell its made of the cheapest grade plastic. Just look at that funny antenna on top. It looks like something out of a Lego set. The "ionic radar" on these things is advertised as being able to discriminate between different types of metal. But the higher end model GER device I saw had no discrimination feature at all when set on ionic radar mode. There would be subtle changes in the ticking noise the radar would make when you waved it around on the landscape but there's no way to know what any of it means. If it means anything at all. The pivoting antenna just slowly moves back and forth. If you happen to tilt the machine a little bit it will get stuck in one position. But its all meaningless movement. I'm a believer in dowsing and other frequency type LRLs but these things are junk.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Contraption" I've been messing with for the past four years has what some would probably call an ionic antenna. Point it at the target and it beeps. Not always though. Don't know anything about this one but I assume the ionic part is similar, but is a different configuration.

I have untold number of hours on the pivoting antenna type locators. They work if you can learn to use them, but most people never get the quiet mind. They all think they do but they don't. That's why i say it is essential. I've posted some GSR info. The first thing you will find out is your mind is jumping all over the place--like a wild horse. Takes twenty minutes to get calmed down, maybe faster once you have much practice.

A cheap one called Grove GSR hooks up to an Arduino (or Raspberry Pi). Probably under $25 with a counterfeit Arduino. Easy to hook up to your computer (but takes some time to get Arduino on your computer, gotta follow the directions) and watch the graph on the monitor (along with some yoga breathing). This is all you need to help learn to reach the Zen-like state.

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-GSR_Sensor/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNO-R3-Boa...054374?hash=item1c5d384a26:g:prwAAOSwFb5aN1fb

The Arduino link is just an example. Look around for best deal. But you will need the USB cable. I didn't use the "Base Shield" Grove sells, just hook up three wires but you can spend a few more dollars if you want it to look nice and a bit easier to hook up to the Arduino. You don't need a power supply for anything. The Arduino plugs into a USB port on your computer and does not need a power supply.

Yoga breath you just slow inhale through your nose at count to five, hold count to two, exhale count to five. Follow your breath in and out. Don't think of anything else. If you get distracted, just get back centered and continue. Do that for twenty to thirty minutes twice a day. Don't expect any results for eight weeks. Once your mind is quiet you can be more aware of the subtle energies. Again, this is for the pivoting antenna type locators. The Contraption does not use a pivoting antenna--just point it and it beeps.

Just repeat I would not spend that kind of money on any locator. If some day I get the Contraption to market it should be under $1000 if I can get it mass produced, maybe even less.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread