signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just a short clip of the Contraption in action on some silver. I put the ropes out so you can better see the line to the target. When the receiver is facing the target it clicks. When turned ninety degrees it nulls out (goes quiet). The idea is to get one line then move over to the other side of the transmitter and get the other line. Where the two lines intersect is where you search for the target. This is my first video and I will try to get something better later. This is not quite how I do it--usually stand farther away from the transmitter so the signal is much more narrow and sharp (I try to get it so there are only about three or four clicks on the target), but I was holding the cell phone and the headphones and tried to get some sound for you to hear and I'm no good at juggling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0FIE0mGg7k

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who wrote the Wikipedia article claiming Long Range Locators are fraudulent but they haven't seen the Contraption. Nothing fraudulent here.

I'm hoping someday to get this device into a two-box or lawnmower type configuration. This is so alien to anyone use knows about metal detectors. How could anything ignore aluminum, iron and still detect gold?

This video is detecting a half ounce of silver at fifty feet away. I turned up the power for the video audio but it will hit even a small gold ring from that far at the lowest power level much of the time. Not claiming it is totally reliable but it works. At closer range like twenty feet it is more reliable and can distinguish gold from silver when the targets are about two inches apart. I mean a metal detector needs a pinpointer to find a target six inches in the hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread