L-rods with frequency generator my way

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All instructions say to circle the transmitter about ten feet out until you get a response from the rod(s). For starters, it is not easy to walk such a tight circle and keep everything stable. Better to walk an octagon path so you walk in a series of straight lines.

But what I really prefer is to face the transmitter and walk sideways on this octagon path always keeping the rod(s) pointed at the transmitter. Once you get a response move side-to-side to get the center. The rods only move several degrees but it's easy enough to see that you are getting a response and when the rods are directly aligned. Yes, it is a bit awkward to walk sideways but I have found it is much easier to find the signal line to the target this way. Or you can circle the transmitter walking forwards with one rod out to your side always aimed at the transmitter. It's easier than walking sideways, but I prefer to face the transmitter.

If you think about it, as you cross the signal line the rods are already aligned with the lines of force.

Once you find the line you can move over a few feet and walk parallel to the line as you head to the target. I hold one rod out to my side but you can also walk sideways and use two rods, but you might have to walk a long ways so this is not as practical. Once you know you are close to the target you can walk sideways back and forth to get a pinpoint if you like. Find out which works best for you. And you can use one or two rods.

I'll try to get a video made showing how to do this.

Last edited:

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Pro. IM 45 coil.
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the difference between the signal when rods are crossing making an X and when the rods are aligned parallel one to another like making an = ?
I hope you understand my question.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit of confusion here. When I use two rods and circle the transmitter the rods will close (like two swinging doors) when I cross the signal line between the transmitter and the target. So they do align with the signal line. However, if I only use one rod and walk sideways around the transmitter (rod pointing towards the transmitter) the one rod will try to align with the signal line. If I walk past it, the rod will try to turn back towards the signal line. If I move to the other side of the signal line the rod will again align when directly on the signal line but when I move past it it will pull in the direction of the signal line. Hard to describe. Someday I will make a video but no time now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread