And people still buy them!?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I didn't study this case much. What I do recall is the people who were using them to find expolsives said they work. Any L-rod with a swivel handle is going to take a lot of practice for almost everyone. There are many arrogant people who think they are better than everybody and shouldn't have to practice. You know the type--they cut in line in front of others, think they are superior. One thing about L-rods, you can't B.S. them. And of course it's all-too-easy to blame the equipment. And don't forget juries wrongly convict people. The dirty lawyers are real good at juror selection. I've seen it firsthand where they get old ladies to side with them. I have little faith in our judical system--foreign countries, even less faith.

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit I didn't study this case much. What I do recall is the people who were using them to find expolsives said they work. Any L-rod with a swivel handle is going to take a lot of practice for almost everyone. There are many arrogant people who think they are better than everybody and shouldn't have to practice. You know the type--they cut in line in front of others, think they are superior. One thing about L-rods, you can't B.S. them. And of course it's all-too-easy to blame the equipment. And don't forget juries wrongly convict people. The dirty lawyers are real good at juror selection. I've seen it firsthand where they get old ladies to side with them. I have little faith in our judical system--foreign countries, even less faith.

"The user would then hold the device, which had no working electronics, and the swivelling antenna was meant to indicate the location of the sought substance"

Yeah sure it worked... lol. The problem was that the user was "arrogant".

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People bought pet rocks. People still smoke cigarettes. When you think how smart an average person is . . . then realize 50% are dumber than that.

"Arrogant" is an inflated view of one's abilities or self-importance. I know I have no magic abilities to detect the "aura" of a non-radioactive metal like gold. And I ain't that important that anything I do can't be replaced in 60 days. Had a former boss point that out to me. ;-). Moving water I have to say "possible" as that is an energy source of friction, gravity (moving mass) and expended kinetic energy. Not an inert lump. And in principal I don't believe in "magic" that is outside advanced technology. But if in demonstration it held up to the scientic method I'd acknowledge it is me than needs reeducation. There ain't much "technology" in bent wire rods. So perhaps healthy skepticism is the opposite of arrogace?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread