WARNING: Do not use an AC inverter outdoors!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are risking a fatal electrocution hazard. At least with houshold current there is a ground circuit and hopefully a ground fault interrupt. With an AC inverter you have no ground circuit anywhere. YOU ARE THE GROUND if you accidentally touch a wire. It only takes 30 ma to kill a person. Your muscles contract and you can't let go, so you die. What a gruesome thought.

I was chastised for calling a person on this forum "ignorant". That is not a strong enough term. This is not some funny joke. I have a hard time believing this person is really serious but they have posted this on this forum and it's potentially lethal.

And the most idiotic thing about all this is you can use a 5v DC power bank and it costs about $10 or even less.

So now I prepare for this person to throw crap at me for saying this. It had to be said.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are risking a fatal electrocution hazard. At least with houshold current there is a ground circuit and hopefully a ground fault interrupt. With an AC inverter you have no ground circuit anywhere. YOU ARE THE GROUND if you accidentally touch a wire. It only takes 30 ma to kill a person. Your muscles contract and you can't let go, so you die. What a gruesome thought.

I was chastised for calling a person on this forum "ignorant". That is not a strong enough term. This is not some funny joke. I have a hard time believing this person is really serious but they have posted this on this forum and it's potentially lethal.

And the most idiotic thing about all this is you can use a 5v DC power bank and it costs about $10 or even less.

So now I prepare for this person to throw crap at me for saying this. It had to be said.

It was a DC inverter. My 12 volt battery won't kill me.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread