what's the effectiveness of spectra device ?

the peace

Greenie
Nov 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello to all of you .I noticed that this branch of the forum i mean long range locator is no longer active and most of the articles are somewhat old so they cannot give us good picture of the reality of today's devices despite trying to analyse them previously therefore we must join hands to inject a new spirit in this forum due to it's importance in educating people and providing them great services and i am one of the beneficiaries of it because following it for years on an almost daily basis therefore i sincerly thank everyone who contributed to it . today i start with next topic : I didn't find many informations about the device spectra so is there anyone who can give us pros and cons of it and it's iffectiveness , the depth , the distance and is it possible to use the elliminator-e 120 with it especially Geo said that he doesn't suggest it . thank you previously.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe somone will come foreward, but I wouldn't hold my breath. More likely you'll get some skeptics who claim L-rods can't possibly work because they never learned to use them.

I don't know much about the Spectra, but it has a program that measures the ground resistance and then probably sets some parameters to produce a signal for that ground type. I will repeat myself, if the device uses a rod that pivots/swivels I don't care how many bells and whistles it has, if you can't use L-rods it's not going ot work for you until you learn.

Many LRL pushers say L-rods are easy to learn. I beg to disagree. Typically the more intelligent a person is, the harder it is to learn. People think they know better than those who have learned. "I'm smarter than THAT guy; I can learn it in a few hours." Then they fail. So I strongly suggest you learn to use the rods before putting down big money. It took me a long time, still struggle with it at times. The person's emotional state is a big factor. Gotta get calmed down. Meditation is the best way--just simply counting to five on inhale, hold for two, then exhale at the count of five. Think of nothing else besides the air going in and out. Practice this twenty minutes a day or even twice a day. Don't expect any results for five weeks. Other techniques involve using a GSR galvanic skin response that measures your skin resistance as a biofeedback tool to help you learn to calm down. This can be done but most people are too lazy to follow it through. Or you can spend a few years and do nothing other than pracice with the L-rods. You might get it, or not. Most people never learn but it is doable. It's so easy to psyche yourself out. Gotta stay out of it, or as I say "Put it in God's hands." People just have to cheat and try to observe what's going on. They just fixate on the process like someone gawking at an accident.

Probably the hardest thing for me was to be able to check a visible target to see if conditions are good or not. Of cousre you want to make the rods cross no matter what. There are many times when the rods won't cross because of interference and damned hard to learn not to force/control the rods. They say to angle the rod tips down and they won't move so easily. Of course then they don't move at all usually because the person is trying to hold them still. Gotta let go of the control. A fine line here. Not as easy as it looks.

OP
OP
T

the peace

Greenie
Nov 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you signal line because you are always in the race to answer questions and benefit the others .you said that you don't know much about spectra dou you know please an effective device detecting deep target and not affected by minirals of course must be LRL except frequency generator working with L-rods that you explained very well. thank you previously.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "Contraption" is not ready for market. Until i can get some financing it might never be ready. But that's the one I am working on. No L-rods.

If you just have to have a locator better start learning to use the L-rods. It can be done--I've heard it said that 80% of all people CAN learn if they put themselves to it but I sure have not seen anything like that. Most people refuse to do any work to learn. That's why I am working on the Contraption. Really looking for someone who is dedicated to getting this thing to market.

Over the years there have been devices that don't use L-rods or swivel handle. The Gold Gun was an early one that has been discontinued many years ago and another one after that The AGR Advanced Geophysical Receiver. The GG and AGR were more for large targets like ore veins max 100 yards/meters. Another outfit mwf-usa sells a couple pricey devices but no telling how well they really work--they don't say. ANd another high-priced one called Bionic something or other. Never heard of anyone finding anything with any of these. I've found some small stuff with the Contraption but nothing is as easy as it first appears. And it's not new--it was actually the predecessor of the MFD frequency generators. I can only imagine they had trouble with it and that's when Dell Winders figured out you can use L-rods to find the signal line to the target.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

the peace

Greenie
Nov 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratilations to you signal and to all the others thank you for your good advices. I did searches about the AGR at first it's expensive about 10000 dollars , in geotech forums Mike said that it's similar to the raven which it cost's 1600 dollars big difference between the prices with the AGR .geo said that it's similar to GG AL 718 . about the raven I thing it works very well because in general most articles I red about Fitzgerald's devices are working well . what do you thing please .thanks a lot to anyone contribute to advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread