Electric dowsing rods

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off i want to make a big WARNING here: Don't be foolish and be messing with any alternating current in a rod. That means don't hook it up to a frequency generator. Look at this article scroll down to Table 4. Not a bad idea to read the article. If you have a cut or some hole in your skin the electricity can get in and electrocute you, even at low AC voltage and current. See the last line--10ma and 3 volts AC can cause uncontrollable muscles--well within the range of most all frequency generators even without an amplifier. Just a damned good reason to stay away from any rod that runs the frequency through it. One of Dell Winders' early weigh checkers had a frequency generator (555 timer) and somebody got a very painful shock so they discontinued it. "He got the Hell shocked out of him." When I first heard this I did not believe it, but I do now.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar..., dry hand may,salty tissues beneath the skin.

Okay, now for DC direct current. A small voltage through the rod can assist is locating. This almost certainly is how the Electroscopes work--voltage-assisted dowsing. I realize most people say there is no circuit so no electrical current. There is always a small current between a battery's poles and it is detectable by a good dowser, or maybe even not-so-good dowser. If you are holding both rods there is a circuit. You've probably seen those power packs for dowsing rods. Some probably as simple as a 9 volt battery connected to each rod--positive in the right hand, negative in the left. Now women and some people might have different polarity. I saw a picture someone had hooked up the positive pole of a AAA battery to the rod. I suspect each person has a different best voltage so you can try it yourself. The Electroscopes had a different voltage for each element.

l

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use the box-in method or the sweep. Both work pretty good.

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started with a Omnitron probably around 1986? This was thru our friend Dave Fasold and believe we meet Dell Winters. Haven't noticed any 'shocking' experience with any of the Frequency generators we've been using? Almost all of our field work is saltwater, some with the 9v coil attached to the dousing rods.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read the article it says if you have a cut or a hole in your skin the current can get in. Most locators do not use a frequency in the rod, but in ground probes so still be careful when inserting or removing them. Best to have the F.G. turned off. But there are some that run a frequency through the handle and/or rod and I won't name names. I recall an old model called the Treasure Scope Quad that was a hand-held with the frequency in the rod (not the handle). But he only ran 1.38 volts, so pretty much safe. Some of these on the market have much more voltage. Really it doesn't need to be in the handle--if it is in the rod you can still get zapped if enough voltage and amps and a hole in your skin iwhere you touch it. But if you are holding a rod handle and enogh power your muscles lock up and you can't let go if it gets insdie you. Really no treasure is worth your life but some people get crazed gold fever. Don't trust your safety to some fly-by-night outfit just out to make money off suckers. And any experimenters that think it's safe.

I don't recall where I heard about the guy getting zapped by one of the first versions of the Weigh Chek, but I know Dell said they discontinued it because of that. The Weight Chek i got at a discounted price did not have the frequency generator in it. It was the same control box on the outside.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions