5250 Hz & Old rusted steel

Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210127_135832.jpg

I've found 5250 Hz to be a commonly accepted frequency for refined gold. It does make a line to gold but the problem I have always had is that many times it also makes a line to old rusted steel. In most cases this eliminates the advantage of MFD when I'm attempting to locate buried gold. Has anyone out there been able to conquer this problem? Would you be willing to share with the rest of us how you did so?

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had much trouble with iron but if solar magnetic storm surge there can be issues. Dell Winders said that some old steel/iron think he said refined before 1960's can have some gold particles in it. Some sort of weight checker would be beneficial. One techinque is to stand on the signal line with the rods closed and see how long they stay closed. Basically you are burning off a weak signal when you stand on the line.

OP
OP
Golden Wizard King
Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had much trouble with iron but if solar magnetic storm surge there can be issues. Dell Winders said that some old steel/iron think he said refined before 1960's can have some gold particles in it. Some sort of weight checker would be beneficial. One techinque is to stand on the signal line with the rods closed and see how long they stay closed. Basically you are burning off a weak signal when you stand on the line.

I will have to try that 225 Hz frequency and the standing on the line method. I would have never thought. Thank you for the advice.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sort of eight checker probably be a big help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions