Try this for L-rods--Two rod sweep

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to reply to the thread about unusual L-rod response but decided this "million-dollar tip" deserves it's own thread.

I probably should make a video but...

1. Put your left thumb on top of the left L-rod so it can't move. Keep it pointing straight ahead.

2. Position right hand so it is pressed against your left hand and about two or three inches ahead and a half-inch higher.

3. Now do a left-to-right sweep of the suspected target area and keep your eyes and attention on the left L-rod. When the right L-rod starts to move note where the left L-rod is pointing. When you are moving from left-to-right the right L-rod should swing to the left when you get a response.

This takes some practice and don't expect perfect results. Remember when doing a sweep keep your upper body and arms as all one unit, just twist your lower body but don't let your feet move.

This works pretty good. For one thing, it takes your mind off the right (main) L-rod. Keeping your two hands together also makes things more stable and makes it very easy to see a rod response. Again, do not be watching the right L-rod--keep all your attention on the left rod.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also add some low voltage to the rods. Think of an Electroscope with a swivelling main antenna-the (positive voltage) main antenna sticks out farther than the side ones. That's why I hold the rods so the right rod sticks out about two inches past the left rod. Also hold the right rod a little higher than the left so it can swing freely.

I have dry skin so that might be the reason this still works when I press my hands together which should normally short things out. So you might need to wear an insulated glove.

I just want to remind you to keep your attention on the left rod only. This is the key--probably the most important point--don't be watching the right (free-swinging) rod. Sounds easy but I've caught myself violating this essential rule.

When you are in the "ready" position, the rods should be parallel to each other pointing straight ahead and about two inches apart.

I should also add women (and some men) should reverse the hands position/voltage polarity/swing direction.

Also whatever works for you. You can try the opposite swing direction (right-to-left), or reverse polarity to see what you like best. Also not sure how well insulated handle rods will work. I tried it and did not get a good response.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize it might be hard to visualize this technique. I will try to get a video out maybe today.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two rod sweep. Left rod is the aiming rod with thumb preventing the rod from swinging.
IMG-1516.jpg

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I tried this only with hands maybe an inch apart so not touching each other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread