Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lost Adams Diggings Found!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    6366 times

Re: Lost Adams Diggings Found!

Hola amigos,

I understand what Springfield has pointed out, it is factual that the whole of the southwest has been explored, that many have searched for the Adams and "by rights" it SEEMS as if it should have been found already if it ever existed.

I have to respectfully disagree with this view; for we would be in error if we assumed all of those who searched, were equal in terms of their expertise in prospecting, exploration etc. Even such a simple factor as the overburden <mentioned by our amigo Don Jose> can block someone from finding the gold - even in famous NOT lost gold districts this happens even today. A person who does not dig past the overburden to the depth where the gold is, will miss it entirely. As the old saying goes, you can be a foot from a million bucks or a million feet from a buck.

There is also the nature of placers to consider; some of the very richest ever found, have been localized in quite small areas, without any long "trail" of less-rich gold placer to follow to it; we have been to several in the Seward peninsula (some years back) that were so localized as to occupy less than an acre in size, with no gold "downstream" even one mile away; <they were residual in origins, saprolitic with very coarse gold> the passage of time could have resulted in the paydirt being buried at a greater depth than it was when Adams party worked there too.

In Arizona we could point to the Rich Hill (Weaver) gold placer - it is of quite large size, but in a rather narrow band - canyons on either side of the paydirt are pretty much barren of gold even though the distance is less than 100 yards away in some places.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
    Roy ~ Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1300 times

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa
    hi my friend, you posted oh.

j
    hmm is that OH ! OH ? OH, or simply ooooh.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    It's the thousand-yard-stare 'oh' response
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1300 times

Oro, I too can provide a litany of excuses why the LAD has been 'missed'. Same goes for the LDM, Montezuma's treasure, salvation, bigfoot, Atlantis and Jimmy Hoffa's body. The point is that maybe it's time to realize that we suffer from wearing the blinders of conditioned lore and that things are seldom as we believe.

As far as the LAD is concerned, I'll reiterate: 'Other than the suspected presence of Jacob Snively in the mix of things, it would be easy to dismiss the whole shebang as whiskey talk gone wild.'
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11729 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hi oh one with the thousand meter stare: You posted --> realize that we suffer from wearing the blinders of conditioned lore and that things are seldom as we believe.
    So true, in the case of the Adams thingie, that he actually went north. As ORO and I have mentioned, the human mind's ability to change or simply forget unpleasant things as led to the very lucrative practice of Psychiatry.

It is now becoming very obvious that the story as he remembers it, is way off, perhaps, or most probably in the major compass directions. Other than this, what other factor could be responsible for it still being lost today? It isn't like a lost mine which can be hidden. The suspected area has been scanned thousands of times with sat coverage, and on foot, yet??

So if we explore this directional factor, it is NOT impossible that he was actually in the Tayopa barranca complex. Most of what he claims to be the identity of the placer working, fits Tayopa also, including the part of the Apache living there, waterfall - placer being on the right, and the travel time factor.

Hmm, perhaps I now have a new project. Let's get to cracking Oro.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Pinellas Park, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1218 times
    Shipwrecks

The bells, the silver & gold crucifix, the candlesticks, the silver chalise and the jewel box etc. It would be exciting just to see these things. Thats why I would like to see someone, anyone bring the treasures of Tayopa out into the open.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11729 times

good afternoon Salvor my friend: You posted --> The bells, the silver & gold crucifix, the candlesticks, the silver chalise and the jewel box etc.

I, more than anyone else, would love to do this, but like any battle or campaign, things must be taken in the proper sequence to be successful. I have learned patience in the search which has been ongoing off and on since the late 50's.

Incidentally the main deposit is what I would like to open. It lists 620 mule loads of gold bars. 1200 bars of silver, various other deposits,treasures and statues, and especially a room with records of Tayopa and maps. 90 kilos is considered as a normal load for that area.

As you see that represents a bit of hanky panky bait for someone in authority, as well as plain bandits / narcos, which is precisely why I am stopped until I receive the permits which could act as a possible (?) deterrent, but without them ?? With them, I have the gov as a partner, who would supply the military guard, that may turn out to be even worse.

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    1460 times
    Banner Finds (1)

With them, I have the gov as a partner, who would supply the military guard, that may turn out to be even worse.
    Yah, I was kinda wonderin' about that!
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    4538 times

"With them, I have the gov as a partner, who would supply the military guard, that may turn out to be even worse."

IN MEXICO

Surely you jest.

Joe
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

us
    May 2008
    deming n.m.
    Any thing Available within 50ft
    11 times

I don't think it's been found!

The I have no Proof but I believe the Surgeon was posted at Ft Bayard.

There is a Zig Zag canyon along the Mimbres River that leads to a water fall just below What is now Bear Canyon Lake.

There is a Small cave just below that water fall.

The Indians told them not to go above the water fall.

That would put you North of Pinos Altas, North of Ft Bayard and around Bear Canyon.

Bear Canyon has tons of old working down in the bottom of it and I my self can find good color down in there.

There are only two rivers that produce that kinda water up there that I know of.

The Gila and in the old days the Mimbris!

Hell, Another posible would be the canyon with the cat walk in it!

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11729 times

Good morning Homefires: Sounds very good, and with logical thinking my friend. More, without giving out "X".

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Jun 2010
    Midtown Sac

FWIW, I could find nothing by Ron Jensen after his "discovery" in 2001. So, either he is living in quiet luxury in a Latin American country, or he was wrong. And from reading his account I can't believe he'd ever admit to being wrong.

Or he is a true academic--the ones who don't need actual, physical evidence to prove their claims. But I'd expect a true academic to publish, and I can find no evidence of that, either.

Fascinating stuff.

us
    Sep 2007
    UTAH
    tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
    37 times

From what was passed down to me, the cache site was in a tributary with water present all of the time, but when it rained, the washout would turn the sandy bed over and expose the nuggets and they were rose quartz with Gold wire running through them. The oldest Peralta notes I found said that in the beginning, the lode stuck up through the surface and there were piles of naturally broken wire and rose quartz laid thick all around it. Adams accidentally walked up on the cache in an effort to escape a wicked storm that had recently stirred up and there it was. The miner's payroll in the code. There were short umbrella like trees all around the location before they built Roosevelt Dam. The spring and most of the trees are barley noticeable now. There is a monster cactus, not far from the place, "The Priest Who Stands By The River" An ancient cactus, in that it reminds one of crucification.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    6366 times

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Fork
    From what was passed down to me, the cache site was in a tributary with water present all of the time, but when it rained, the washout would turn the sandy bed over and expose the nuggets and they were rose quartz with Gold wire running through them. The oldest Peralta notes I found said that in the beginning, the lode stuck up through the surface and there were piles of naturally broken wire and rose quartz laid thick all around it. Adams accidentally walked up on the cache in an effort to escape a wicked storm that had recently stirred up and there it was. The miner's payroll in the code. There were short umbrella like trees all around the location before they built Roosevelt Dam. The spring and most of the trees are barley noticeable now. There is a monster cactus, not far from the place, "The Priest Who Stands By The River" An ancient cactus, in that it reminds one of crucification.
    Wow that sure is different; rose quartz with wire gold? (I thought Adams had placer gold) Peraltas? (I thought they were supposed to be linked intimately with the Lost Dutchman) A cache, a miners payroll? This doesn't sound at all like the story of the Lost Adams Diggings that I am familiar with. Can you provide any sources for this version? Thank you in advance;
    Oroblanco

us
    Sep 2007
    UTAH
    tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
    37 times

The find was in a moist, sandy and natural deposit the was arranged according to the same system the Bowman has been referring to; on the surface, a Masonic cartoon code if you will. Every site in the West including the KGC has used this method of preservation in order keep tabs on the goods.

With Adams, he found what appeared to be a sandy placer deposit, but it was man made in association to the mine nearby. Each site has a church cache of ingots and an ore cache set up as bait. There is also a simple stone map cache or mock up stone as an image resembling the mountain work-site in miniature. The cache the Adams walked up on was designed to appear that the lode was up further when in reality it is below. However, the party later realized a rich placer a ways off in the distance that was natural and well fed buy the rose outcrop when the river used to run higher, many a millennium ago. It is doubtful to me that they discovered all of the works at the site as the Apache didn't give them the opportunity.

The Spanish markers are still intact and the buried cave still has plants growing on it's seal that are not kin to the area. If you find the three red hill formations, you have found the location of where the Windrose once stood; A large square boulder of around 4 feet in span. The the words in large block letters once said "MINA RICA" upon the face of it. Next to it stood a cone shaped stone like a witches hat and another round, eight inch or so stone balanced atop it like a table top. This stone set represented a square entry with a tree marked near it; all buried still and not by the natives. This monument stood at the top of the 3rd red hill and is also recognized on the Peralta paper map, where one finds the word MINA ANNAYACCA; (please forgive any misspellings here) "RICH TREASURE AND MINE" ? Miners destroyed it years ago, but I held a Polaroid of it the first day I visited the site.

If you will notice on the tablets, there is a symbol of a safe with an II on it and a cross at it's side. This is the Kiva instruction attached to the mine; reference to the trail from the placer near the river to a point across the river and on to the sealed kiva. It sits between two markers and has unusual plants growing on it in rows that resemble a Christian Cross upon it.
    All I can tell you now is that the site , the Peraltas and the Adams digs are all very real and dealing with one and the same place. It's where you wouldn't think to look so keep that in mind; The river can be seen from the hat mountain........ ( a second hat Mnt., not shaped like a sombrero, and other than the first witch hat Black Mnt.,; the first of these two different kinds of hats )

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    6366 times

Twisted Fork wrote
    If you will notice on the tablets, there is a symbol of a safe with an II on it and a cross at it's side. This is the Kiva instruction attached to the mine; reference to the trail from the placer near the river to a point across the river and on to the sealed kiva. It sits between two markers and has unusual plants growing on it in rows that resemble a Christian Cross upon it.
    All I can tell you now is that the site , the Peraltas and the Adams digs are all very real and dealing with one and the same place. It's where you wouldn't think to look so keep that in mind; The river can be seen from the hat mountain........ ( a second hat Mnt., not shaped like a sombrero, and other than the first witch hat Black Mnt.,; the first of these two different kinds of hats )
    Well amigo you are the first I have ever run across, to have linked the Peralta stones with the Lost Adams Diggings, and your landmarks do not match with any I have ever run across for the Adams placer diggings either - a hat mountain, the boulder, "MINA RICA" etc none of these appear in any version of the Lost Adams that I am familiar with. That is why I had asked you earlier, for sources that tell this version. If it is strictly 100% from verbal sources, that is you heard it 'straight from the horse's mouth' so to speak, then you will find many of us to be VERY hesitant to accept it. You have been around enough to know, that the sort of stories that get passed around the saloons and campfires, are very often pure fiction or so mixed up and mis-remembered that they will only lead a treasure hunter on the proverbial wild goose chase. I am not saying this is what you are telling us, just that it would be better if there were some sources that we could check on. I have seen your opinion of the published sources, and in some cases it may well be justified; (I know of one particular treasure author, very well researched, well respected and a good writer, that has published deliberate misleading clues) however from what I could learn, in the majority of cases those published sources have tried to tell us the truth as best they understood it themselves.

So I take it there are no published sources for this alternate version of the Adams diggings, linked to the Peraltas and the stone tablets etc? I guess that I have to respectfully state that I remain quite skeptical. I hope that you are not offended by my skepticism, if so then my apologies for no offense is intended, and perhaps what you say is 100% factual - but I need more than just your word on it amigo, and am pretty sure that you would want more from me if the shoe were on the other foot.

Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
    Oroblanco

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links