Lost Adams Diggings Found!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phil, as I said "Sigh, what ever happened to the handshake deal? Or even an implied one? Life has changed". I was commenting on the change of morals. There was a time when a man's word or hand shake was his bond. Among a few others in here, I consider Oro as an example of the old fashioned school. If not Beth would beat the hell out of him, or sick the slurpers on him...

The 'handshake ' etc was mentioned as a , sniff, not a suggestion'.

Don Jose d eLa Mancha

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don Jose de la Mancha wrote
ORO, mi buddy ,. you posted --> put your partnership agreement IN WRITING
Sigh, what ever happened to the handshake deal? Or even an implied one? Life has changed.

However Springfield, do as Oros said.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Handshake - heck for a few people, I take their word alone as their bond, not even requiring a handshake; however there are many unscrupulous people around and trying to form a partnership with someone you have known only a few days as our amigo Phillip is attempting to do, I would not do it without everything spelled out in writing; signed and maybe even witnessed/notarized. I see that Phillip has been burned in past, and your explanation in your next post is all too clear.

For our non-posting readers, 'old school' ways are a wee bit different; your word is your bond, and to cheat your partner would not likely result in a lawsuit but direct and personal retribution, even if that meant losing money and traveling a very long way to achieve justice and prison to boot. There were instances of miners traveling across continents to pay their absent partners their fair share too, when they could have skipped and nothing would have been done. That outlook may seem outdated or obsolete today, but there are a few here from the old school, like Don Jose, Dueno de Real y Minas de Tayopa. I suppose you could call it a "code of the west" or north etc but it is an un-written sort of thing.
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Joe - that would be a most appropriate name; there is little honor to be found today unfortunately.
Roy

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: sigh, incidentally, that applies in accountng for all members of your group, you can not even think of leaving an area until every one of your group are accounted for and are safe. It mean sharing your water and food, in some of Oro's travels that has actually meant something !

When you are almost out of water, with none forthcoming for a few days, it takes a supreme dedication to your code of morals to share your last bit with your partner, but then, that is the way it should be, isn't it ?

However, there are two things you should never trust anyone with, your MULE and your wife.

Except for the last two, I believe that I could trust my life to either ORO or Cactus on a hand shake. Naturally there are others in here, yet physically unkown, but seriously, -------

could anyone in a clear conscious, trust a Calif. used car salesman?? snicker

. (apol gully, I believe that you fall into the trusted group. but I couldn't resist ya bull headed ----! )

Don Jose de La Mancha

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
Again, once we know who the group members are, I will post a link to the web pages I built showing the inital area to prove it is the Canyon Del Oro or map created by Adams posted on the Lost Adams web site. I am sure it is the exact same place and every point is indesputabe considering the fact the map made by Adams he gave to the calvary surgeon who saved his life as well as the other member who died shortly after.

The map was drawn from memory, and there was an earthquake which can also be seen very easily once you realize each point drawn on the map.

Thanks, Phil Anderson

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mr. Anderson,

"I figure we can first figure out how many acres we want and then just all pay their share and mine will be figured into that without me paying the little there is on my side and the group can just figure out each person’s share once we find any profits."

"I figure I've already paid my share by the research I've done and giving the location, money I've spent researching, etc."

Don't know how long you have been doing this kind of thing, but your type of offer has been going on forever. People develop a theory for where a treasure or mine is located, and put together this kind of deal because they don't have the money to do the exploration.

I hope it works out for you, but without everyone putting in an equal share of the money, labor and risk, it's a fight just waiting to happen.

Just one man's opinion.

Good Luck,

Joe Ribaudo

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
CactusJumper,

I guess you missed the part where I wrote that everyone who pays can be reimbursed for their share out of what is found and from those profits. We don't even have to file the claim unless we find gold or anything else of value and the only real expenses are getting there to do the prospecting which of course I will be there to work on that as well. The main vein must be around where the two initail veins that were dug out.

I see what your saying though and I'm only trying to do this so nobody pays out of pocket save expenses for travel on their own. Then I figure if we form a small club we can use profits to pay for future travels besides being paid back for the current travel expenses if there is gold there. So the only real gamble is in getting there and home for the prospecting when we meet at the canyon.

Thanks for pointing that out though in a positive way.

Phil

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
From filemaker01's website:

The above map on the left titled "Sno-Ta-Hay Canyon also known as the Canyon Del Oro by the Spanish who heard the legends from local Apache Indians [1] looked but never found the canyon also known as the Lost Adams Diggings . The map on the left was drawn from memory by Adams himself [2] and gave to the surgeon physician who treated Adams after finding Adams in the desert wondering naked, badley dehidrated and near death. The man found with Adams died shortly after being found with Adams. In around 1867 US Marshal James Mackenna [3] wrote in his book Apache Gold and Nacti Silver [4] the canyon looked as though it had been hit by a huge earthquake and looked so different he did not brave going back into the area considering there were still holdout Apache Indians in the area as well who he had a run in with a few years later after barely escaping with his life. According to the major motion film starring Gregory Peck, Mackenna also escaped with two saddle bags loaded with gold nuggets the size of one's fists. [5]

[1.] Apaches telling Spanish where the gold was? That's certainly a new twist on the Apaches. Why didn't they just take the Spanish directly to the diggings?
[2.] Looks more like a fancy treasure magazine map drawn by a graphic artist.
[3.] McKenna was not a US Marshall. He was a prospector and miner.
[4.] The book is Apache Gold and Yaqui Silver. It's historical fiction based on the LAD legend. The author is J. Frank Dobie.
[5.] It was a movie. It wasn't real. The characters and events were fictional. It didn't happen that way. You're mixing fantasy with reality.

I wish you the best of luck with your adventure, even though you seem to be seriously misinformed about this legend. But, that's understandable - Adams himself and his later partners were confused too, as demonstrated by the bewildering number of different versions they told about the lost diggings. I would caution your team members not to set their hopes too high or quit their day jobs yet, but to have fun, see some nice country and meet some new and interesting people.

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
Springfield,

I do like your bold way of calling people liars, but then it tells me that you believe you found the canyon yourself, Fine, but again, the only liar here is you.

I can prove everything I'm saying with hard evidence. The map on the left was taken from Jensen's web site who looked physically for many years and first set out to debunk the legend then discovered he found the canyon. There is much more to the history of this place but I"m not telling anyone but those who are willing to have a few meetings first, for free of course.

The legend goes so many different ways that no person can be correct on every point.

The map on the right is not a fake in any way and is from Google Earth. It was not altered in any way either. There were over three hundred gold claims that expired and I have proof of that as well and the main veins were dug out as I said and I'm posting photos of that as well besides the markings made by Jesuit Priests and others.

All I can say Mr. Springfield is You're out! Don't even ask and please mind your own claims, OK? I don't bother you and you do the same. You are wrong on every point and I have hard evidence in paperwork, real history and even people who have in fact een documented to go into this place and not return. I can also prove the gold was in fact taken out with hard evidence again.

I have three now who are so interested they said they are more than happy to pay for the claims after we locate the main vein that was missed and has to still be there after the huge earthquake.

Anywaon else interested, let me know by 2200 hours tonight as I have nearly enoug who are interested now.

Thanks for being kind,

Phil Anderson

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mr. Anderson,

"I do like your bold way of calling people liars, but then it tells me that you believe you found the canyon yourself, Fine, but again, the only liar here is you."

Springfield in no way called you a "liar". He only pointed out facts which are obvious to most of us. On the other hand, your response to him has a familiar sound to it.

Good Luck,

Joe Ribaudo

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
Cactus,

I see what you're saying. I took it wrong by the way he put the paragraphs together. My appologies to everyone then and Mr. Springfield. I can only go on the evidence I have from my own research over the years and like many others, followed Mr. Jensen's writings and besides the website he posted. The map as I stated is from Mr. Jensen's site www.lostadams.com which I think he to me I consider to be more of an authority than most people because of his actual going out and looking in the field. I have no reason to doubt him so far or anyone else considering how the legend goes so many different ways. I do however have other evidence to share from actual government agencies and what I recently discovered that I only wish I could mention here but will do so when we have the first netmeeting for those who want to form a group and go in together so everyone is safe considering the area I posted the photos of does in fact have a real history of being a rather hostile area.

When I refer to Mackenna, I'm also referring to the movie Mackenna's gold which we know was based on fabrications as well but does have a few trueths. Mackenna did find the area though and stated he didn't want to go back into the area due to he earthquake sand there are other sotries of the earthguakes other than Mackenna. Anyway, as Iwrote, I will show the evidence during the netwmeeinngs,

Thanks again then for your constructive critisizms,

Phil A

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
I just uploaded another photo of the area where the main gold veins were or are on my website same as the link above. Thanks again, Phil A

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
To: Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp

Thanks for the information regarding those you mention and yourself as trusting on a hand shake which I'm personally hoping will be part of the group, and on your words alone. I'm mostly worried about Jensen the writer and am hoping that we can work together in maybe preserving the Apache burial ground there is it does exist, however that's only according to the movie Mackenna's Gold and one other source I found.

I'm really glad I posted here now. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Phil A

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
To: Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp

Thanks for the information regarding those you mention and yourself as trusting on a hand shake which I'm personally hoping will be part of the group, and on your words alone. I'm mostly worried about Jensen the writer and am hoping that we can work together in maybe preserving the Apache burial ground there is it does exist, however that's only according to the movie Mackenna's Gold and one other source I found.

I'm really glad I posted here now. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Phil A

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
filemaker01 wrote
It's truely amazing just how many treasures are really out there

I agree on this point 100%, and on your outlook that it is better to TRY, than to never even make an attempt. Good luck in your quest,
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now - a lot of people seem to put faith in the cabin ruins and possible stonework left.
Just how much time did they have to build a cabin? 8-10 days and how many people? - and digging for gold at the same time?
To _my_ mind, that spells more of a lean-to than a proper cabin ...

Just my 2c-worth ...

Per

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions