I have found the Lost Adams Diggings Sno-Ta-hay Canyon

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Springfield said:
mrs.oroblanco said:
.....At least we didn't get to hear "I found it but nobody is allowed in there".
Beth

Wait'll you try to poke around in there. Knowing the mindset of Catron County, NM, ranchers, I can just imagine how the guy on County Road A001 at N 34deg15', W109deg2' would react when all these gummint types show up in their shiny new SUV's to begin sifting through his back yard. You'll get a genuine dose of "Git out!!"

I realize this was not in reply to me, but can you blame the ranchers? :-\ Look at what happened in the UK with the crop circle mania, troops of curiosity seekers trespassing and tramping down fields of grain, littering, cutting fences etc. On the other hand, I for one have no intention of doing any poking around there as the case has not been too convincing to me. :dontknow:
Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Oroblanco said:
Springfield said:
mrs.oroblanco said:
.....At least we didn't get to hear "I found it but nobody is allowed in there".
Beth

Wait'll you try to poke around in there. Knowing the mindset of Catron County, NM, ranchers, I can just imagine how the guy on County Road A001 at N 34deg15', W109deg2' would react when all these gummint types show up in their shiny new SUV's to begin sifting through his back yard. You'll get a genuine dose of "Git out!!"

I realize this was not in reply to me, but can you blame the ranchers? :-\ Look at what happened in the UK with the crop circle mania, troops of curiosity seekers trespassing and tramping down fields of grain, littering, cutting fences etc. On the other hand, I for one have no intention of doing any poking around there as the case has not been too convincing to me. :dontknow:
Oroblanco

Sorry, Oro - it was a generic 'Wait'll you ...'. Hopefully, nobody drives in there for a 'look around'. My point was that ranchers don't usually cotton to univited strangers on their land.

AZ_Gold

Jan 29, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said:
My point was that ranchers don't usually cotton to univited strangers on their land.

Especially this one. We know for a fact that he's The Protector Of The Effigies. Phil told us. ::)

filemaker01 said:
Another thing I should have mentioned, Springfield mentioned something about the rancher out there at the Diggings. I did a little research about that, and from what i found, he's been basically protecting the area by keeping it as a ranch, and the treasure hunters and gold diggers out, he must have seen or known there was something very special about the area. The entrie world and especially our country owes him a great deal of graditute and should be very thankful to him for doing so. Seriously it's people like him who generations to come can be gratefull to as well.

OP
OP
F

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
Morning All : )

A friend of mine flew over the canyon in a twin engine airplane and got a few photos of the effigy he's sending, but I got a preview and yes the effigies are as big and beautiful as Google Earth shows. We triend other programs and found Google Earth to be the very best for using as a tool for real treasure hunting.

Well, today we're still working on the spoof but well made video which is coming along just fine. This type of spoofing is a rather fine art to bring humor into the picture and in most events actually brings a lot more attention and fans to the original video being spoofed much like Weird Al Yancovic did in his video "Constepated". Too funny! : )

Anyway, have a great day all!!!! Great things are happening and now the entire world and the USA has something very special to see soon at the Canyon.

Phil

AZ_Gold

Jan 29, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, I'm all atwitter.

And speaking of spoofs.......

I put together a Google Earth tour of several effigies that I discovered. I put about 15 minutes years of research into this, and all of the effigies have been varified by some guy on YouTube a professor of a well known university.

Kmz file of GE tour is attached. There is a soundtrack, so be sure no other audio is playing and your speakers are on. Double click the "Play Me" tour icon in the left panel.

Attachments

• Effigies.kmz
    681.3 KB · Views: 147

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
AZ,

“How do you convince someone they’re not thinking clearly… when they’re not thinking clearly?”

I've heard that too much Phil Plait can make you go blind...... :o

Joe

AZ_Gold

Jan 29, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
AZ,

“How do you convince someone they’re not thinking clearly… when they’re not thinking clearly?”

I've heard that too much Phil Plait can make you go blind...... :o

Joe

Thanks for the tip. I'll just follow him until I need glasses. ;D

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
filemaker01 said:
Morning All : )

A friend of mine flew over the canyon in a twin engine airplane and got a few photos of the effigy he's sending, but I got a preview and yes the effigies are as big and beautiful as Google Earth shows. We triend other programs and found Google Earth to be the very best for using as a tool for real treasure hunting.

Well, today we're still working on the spoof but well made video which is coming along just fine. This type of spoofing is a rather fine art to bring humor into the picture and in most events actually brings a lot more attention and fans to the original video being spoofed much like Weird Al Yancovic did in his video "Constepated". Too funny! : )

Anyway, have a great day all!!!! Great things are happening and now the entire world and the USA has something very special to see soon at the Canyon.

Phil

Totaly Amazing, fronts up fingers in ears saying i'm not listening, i'm not listening,

John

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Springfield,

Isn't it funny, though. Catron county is 18% private land, and 82% public land - but, darn - its on private land. What are the odds??? :dontknow: :help:

Beth

AU_Hunter

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
filemaker01 said:
...A friend of mine flew over the canyon in a twin engine airplane and got a few photos of the effigy he's sending...
Yet another nameless person in this fairy tale, yet more promises of wonders to come. Same stuff, different day. :BangHead:

OP
OP
F

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
Hi all,

It’s happening! Get a decent graphics card and worthy computer and enjoy what you can really see with better equipment, enjoy great programs like Google Earth and all the great discoveries still out there. Treasures are everywhere of just about any type, size or whatever still waiting to be found or discovered for all to see. Undiscovered ancient peoples, cities, so much is buried out there from humans that one could fill an entire continent that is still uncovered, of treasures of every type just about. I’m sure not stuck on this one as like I said, I’m working on other things and planning to film other discoveries and yes I will post them and I even have a new website and domain name for that:

and yes here it is! : snotahay.com but unfortunately our new sight won't be up and running for a few more weeks. I also discovered there may be some correlation in the words sno ta hay, translating into something like Star Chief as well as Under Chief or variation Cheifs laying under this place or under the stars, which is pretty cool actually considering the theories of a lot of people interested in ancient astronomy and all. I also have more great books on the main website for now snotahaycanyon.com

How about that? A great domain name in itself is worth much more than I paid for it now. Interesting how that happened isn’t it? I enjoy the little treasures in life as well considering all the problems with finding treasures anymore people don’t want to share with others. : ) too funny! We got a lot of hits on the website http://www.snotahaycanyon.com, several million so far, which is excellent anyway for this past week or so anyway, which all the great agencies who were more than interested were pretty fast actually in checking it out, fortunately so the effigies will I’m sure be preserved considering their size especially. This is a good thing actually and nothing to be upset about for anyone, but regardless, I am only happy to share my discoveries to anyone willing to enjoy and maybe even take part in future expeditions if not by enjoying while viewing what will be filmed and all in the near future. I am stuck kind of with a small treasure I found that will be all resolved in the next few weeks or so.

Anyway….

Thanks all, I’ve enjoyed everyone so far and you all sure do have great information to share as well. I enjoy reading the other threads as well and one can even find various clues from other threads on discoveries some people are willing to share with others to enjoy if not to view, right?
Have a great weekend all!

Phil

OP
OP
F

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
Springfield,

You make a good point there, only when those with new SUV's have government badges and permits or whatever, I just hope them thar ranchers aren't like "Hangen People" so to speak, meaning I hope they aren't taking the law into their own hands and people getting hurt who do belong there if not for whatever purposes with the right permits and orders etc with an emphises of not hurting anyone when not necessary by law.

However: in another way, if not that sort of thing may have actually helped save and or preserve the effigies and keeping something very special from being destroyed that should not have been destroyed by law either at least as far as I am concerned.

Peace Out! Thanks again Springfield and everyone for your comments, seriously I will announce on the websites as well and post future expeditions, videos etc..

Phil

OP
OP
F

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
You know, if anything, considering what a very special place this canyon is, it must attract some pretty special people to want to protect it and enjoy a real treasure. :icon_thumleft: :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
F

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
Just one more thought for the week, then I'm off for a few days with friends, ..

If one really thinks about it, ancient man really wasn't far behind in the average humans intelligence. In many societies people found to be capable of creating simple machines were either praised as gods or put to death either way and in my own opinion, any group of humans capable of this:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3260960?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

I am sure were capable of this:

http://www.snotahaycanyon.com

Phil

OP
OP
F

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
I find it rather interesting how the canyon and the Aztec ruins basically point in the same direction. Basically North by Northwest and South by South east. Very interesting actually. Maybe this would answer some questions made earlier by various members here regarding why certain constellations don't align with some of the effigies other than one must reverse the image to compare to the canyon? So then was the earth's axis maybe pointed the same direction as the canyon and the Aztec ruins when they were created? After all, Adams did say the people who lived around the canyon did so for at least a thousand years or more...Interesting anyway....

Phil

AZ_Gold

Jan 29, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
filemaker01 said:
After all, Adams did say the people who lived around the canyon did so for at least a thousand years or more...

Really? Did he say that? Let's think about this for a moment. We don't know his first name, but hey, let's say he really existed and he really said that. By all accounts he was a prospector who couldn't even find his own gold.

Would you consider him to be an expert on anthropology? I wouldn't.

And, in fact, he would be wrong. According to archaeologists and anthropologists, the Apachean people arrived in the southwest between 1000 and 1500AD. (Most scientists put it at 1500AD.) They were nomadic people and didn't build any permanent structures at all. (This is also verified by the Apaches themselves, who are still around.) The women built temporary structures called wickiups. They did not stay in one place for any length of time, and did not build mounds or any type of earthworks or permanent structures.

Source: Northern Arizona University - Western Apache

The "Aztec Ruins" were misnamed by early settlers of the 1800's. They were actually built by the Ancient Pueblo People (or Anazasi). Source. Also see http://www.nps.gov/azru/index.htm

http://cpluhna.nau.edu/People/anasazi.htm said:
Thousands of archaeological sites in the southern part of the Colorado Plateau, such as the particularly the magnificent cliff-dwellings at Mesa Verde National Park, offer abundant evidence of the former presence of an mysterious and sophisticated civilization commonly known as the Anasazi, or Ancient Pueblo peoples.

Chaco Canyon is another example of their culture and architecture.

chacocanyon.jpg

Fact: there are no animal effigies, mounds, or earthworks of any kind at any of the thousands of sites mentioned above.

Before the Apachean and Ancient Pueblo peoples were the Paleoindian and Archaic Peoples. They were nomadic. The only structures they were known to build were fire hearths, which were at camps where they stayed for only days or weeks at a time. They were not known to build any earthworks of any kind.

Furthermore......

http://cpluhna.nau.edu/People/paleoindians.htm said:
Folsom people apparently did use the Colorado Plateau, but proof of their occupation there has been difficult to find. Most evidence consists of individual Folsom points found on the surface. No buried Folsom sites have been excavated on the plateau. Archaeologists have surveyed most of the region, because of the great attraction of Anasazi sites, so Folsom sites must truly be rare here or they would have been discovered in greater abundance.

Please note the text I emphasized with red. The region they're refering to, the Colorado Plateau region, is outlined in white here:

coloplat.gif

Credit: Northern Arizona University

As you can see, the so called Sno Ta Hay canyon falls within that area. How is it that archaeologists missed any signs of an ancient site here during their survey, when they were able to detect small camp sites everywhere else?

So there you have it boys and girls. Some real science, with real links to real scientific evidence.

I'm not even going to address the pseudoscientific nonsense about the earth's axis. There are no universities that teach that bullsh baloney, so I don't have a source to link to on that one.

AZ_Gold

Jan 29, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One point I want to make clear: the cultures mentioned in my last post are all of the known cultures that have occupied the southwest, the Paleo-Indians being the earliest known humans in the area.

About 10,000 years ago, these early humans, working as a team, brought down a mammoth armed only with Clovis projectiles and their intelligence. The fossilized remains of the mammoth were found in 1951, and had Clovis points embedded in the bones.

Naco-Mammoth Kill Site

Archaeology is treasure hunting! 8)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
filemaker01 wrote
I find it rather interesting how the canyon and the Aztec ruins basically point in the same direction. Basically North by Northwest and South by South east. Very interesting actually. Maybe this would answer some questions made earlier by various members here regarding why certain constellations don't align with some of the effigies other than one must reverse the image to compare to the canyon? So then was the earth's axis maybe pointed the same direction as the canyon and the Aztec ruins when they were created? After all, Adams did say the people who lived around the canyon did so for at least a thousand years or more...Interesting anyway....
to which AZ_Gold wrote
Really? Did he say that? Let's think about this for a moment. We don't know his first name, but hey, let's say he really existed and he really said that. By all accounts he was a prospector who couldn't even find his own gold.

Would you consider him to be an expert on anthropology? I wouldn't.
<snip>

This begins to look a lot like baiting. As much as I don't accept Phil's theories, this sort of thing is hardly producing anything useful to anyone.

We do not have Adam's first name, but there was such a person, and he did make repeated attempts to find his lost mine. I do not know how many people saw the large nugget of gold that he showed to various persons, but there is little reason to think the whole story is fictional simply because no one has found it again. If you choose to believe that it never existed, more power to you, don't go looking for it.
A lot of words are getting put into Adam's mouth, which have no documentation.

AZ_Gold also wrote
One point I want to make clear: the cultures mentioned in my last post are all of the known cultures that have occupied the southwest, the Paleo-Indians being the earliest known humans in the area.

I saw no mention of the Sinagua, Hohokam, or Mogollon cultures. There were Mound Builder cultures in North America, none in Arizona or New Mexico as far as I know but the Mississippians did extend into Texas. They did indeed build effigy mounds, like the famous Serpent mound.
800px-Serpent_Mounds_sketch.jpg

So let us not rule out the possibility that some mound building culture may have existed in the southwest, which has remained un-discovered. As Cactusjumper pointed out earlier, Indians in the southwest did create mounds of refuse/rubbish which were used as ceremonial platforms, as at Snaketown (Arizona) so it is not a good policy to make sweeping statements about what is, and what is not possible.
http://anthropology.ua.edu/reprints/18.pdf
Snaketown also had two ball courts, indicating some kind of contact with Mayans or Aztecs.

One last thing for I am done with this thread, but that change of the Earth's axis which you so sarcastically dismissed out of hand, as "bullsh" baloney, is being reconsidered by actual scientists today. Science is always in a state of flux, things are rarely carved in stone. Don't be so quick to dismiss what may seem impossible to you today, may be the fact tomorrow. Check out:
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/06/us/scientists-revive-a-theory-on-the-earth-s-tilt.html

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Oroblanco said:
..... This begins to look a lot like baiting. As much as I don't accept Phil's theories, this sort of thing is hardly producing anything useful to anyone.

We do not have Adam's first name, but there was such a person, and he did make repeated attempts to find his lost mine. I do not know how many people saw the large nugget of gold that he showed to various persons, but there is little reason to think the whole story is fictional simply because no one has found it again. If you choose to believe that it never existed, more power to you, don't go looking for it.
A lot of words are getting put into Adam's mouth, which have no documentation.....

Hardly baiting. More like a challenge, begun long ago, for some validation of the OP's claims. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, as they say. The OP will earn some benefit of doubt when this process begins. The 'lack of usefulness' rests securely in the OP's court.

As you mentioned re Adams, 'a lot of words are getting into his mouth'. Unfortunately, with the exception of a small number of second-hand reports (there are no first-hand), it's all third-generation hearsay or worse, and if you believe there is such a placer deposit, you have a daunting task of reading between the well-filtered lines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread