The Lost Adams Diggings location - N.M.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
GrayCloud ,
Spent 20+years in an underground coal mine . Qualified for a reduced pension at 55 and took it after we buried one of my nephews following the Sago Mine Diasaster . Planned to bank that every
month while I kept on truckin as an Owner/Operator .
Trucking business changed so drastically in the next 2 years that I sold my rig and took a job with
a local outfit as a driver . Boss treated me so good that I wanted to adopt him and he was willing .
6 months later I took 2 days off from work to have a 'simple' procedure done at the hospital to install a stint to correct a blocked artery . Ended up being 6 hours of open heart surgery and the end of my working career . SS fast tracked me to full disability and I never looked back . Use what comes in the mailbox every month and enjoy life .

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Truckinbutch, You paid some high dues to get where you are today. Glad to hear you are able to enjoy life at this time. Anybody that spends 20+ years in an underground coal mine has my respect. :thumbsup:

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not a lot of people think of this but you could rent or use or buy a ultra lite airplane and scout the area and IF you had space near where it is you could land and hike in to it,that would take away the walking. And the plane can take off and land in about 200 feet.OR have some one drop you off there from an ultralite and pick you up the nexr day or evening,with pre arranged setup.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HI how about this??
Don Jose de La Mancha

Looks good for a tsunami quick-getaway. For 35k, have you looked into a nice sedan chair and a string of porters?

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
HI springfield, you are of course, referring to an all girl crew?

Don Jose de La Mancha

DJ, have you by chance read the Flashman Chronicles, 12 volumes, written by George MacDonald Fraser? Highly recommended.

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de...

TTTHANKS pahdner! You have shown me about the only way I'm gonna get to the diggins in one day. The best part is the weight it can carry... now all I have to do is get the gold to pay for it... WAIT A MINUTE>> I need the durn thing to get the gold.

Any suggestions?
dustcap

P.S. wasn't able to pull up their webpage... wha's up?

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said:
HI how about this??
Don Jose de La Mancha
Looks good for a tsunami quick-getaway. For 35k, have you looked into a nice sedan chair and a string of porters?

Springy-
...but that would be only one trip and you can't sell the porters when your done.
-cap

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
OK Everyone, I have absolute proof of the location of the Lost Adams and even though I posted images over a year ago, I didn't mention the exact location because I needed more research but my website explains everything now. Once you see the website you will understand why the canyon was in fact an ancient Apache Chief burial grounds and not only that but there are effigy mounds built by native ancient Americans that rival the pyramids that line up with the stars. The White House, Dept of Parks and Recreation, Law Enforcement and National Geographic besides many other state and federal agencies are now involved and are planning to keep the area preserved due to it's record news breaking headlines world wide considering the signifance which I am the first to discover the mounds and publish the facts and images with copyrights etc. Please enjoy this. I guess this cut that legend all to shreads so to speak. .... NEXT!!! Ahhahahahah, anyway here's the link:

http://lovefishn.tripod.com/lostadamsdiggings.html

I've even been in contact with the writers and narrators of various shows like Ancient Aliens and my website explains why it's worthy of world wide news.

Anyway, it's been a great fifteen plus years researching and I found that communicating with everyone here absolutely great, you've all be wonderful and I appreciate the way everyone treats others with respect and dignaty as colleagues should. With much appreciation to the website forums host here too as well.

Thank You! : )

Sincerely, Phillip Anderson

Attachments

• snotahay0.jpg
    snotahay0.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,166
  • snotahay0.jpg
    snotahay0.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 966

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Graycloud,

Right now - and, of course, subject to change as always - they calculate your 10 highest earning years, for your SS.

For taxes, when you file, they put in your SS earnings, and divide in by 1/2. So, if you make $20,000 on SS, only $10,000 is written in for calculations.

Then, you add anything you do as a job, is added to that. So, if you collect $20,000 in SS, and $20,000 at a job, your gross taxable income would be $30,000. Then, of course, you get your deductions - dependents, mortgage interest or standard deductions, and the balance is your taxable income.

I found out that it is NOT worth waiting until you reach 66. My brother-in-law did that, and it was a matter of like $7.00 per month. If you talk to competent tax folks, they will tell you the same thing.

Take it while you can get it. Oh - and by the way, in case anyone cares, they cannot reduce your amount once you get it (of course, that's under today's laws.

Beth

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
mrs.oroblanco said:
.... Take it while you can get it. Oh - and by the way, in case anyone cares, they cannot reduce your amount once you get it (of course, that's under today's laws.

Beth

By all means - sign up for payment as soon as you become eligible. Yes, on paper, you're guaranteed payment. Remember though, a guarantee is only as reliable as the guarantor. As Janis Joplin said, "Get it while you can."

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield,

I appreciate the support!

quoting me: "of course, that's under today's laws."

God knows, things can change overnight!!!! :laughing7: :coffee2:

Beth

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me if i could do it over, i would retire at 62' i waited till 65. Can't do any long walks our climbing hills let alone pan for gold.. Joints are stiff and knees will not bend don't wait if you don't have to. Man its the golden years, find it while you can.

Ironwill

Jul 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK , here is my story. I have heard that the Adams Diggings have been found, but I don't know if that is true or a putoff to others.
In 1996 I started working on this story. I took all the info from 3 versions of this story. One thing is it was SE of Ft Wingate. There were 2 Ft Wingates, 1- 1862-1868, 2-1860-1912. I narrowed it down to the one at the headwaters of Rio Puerco on the site of old Ft Lyon. They crossed a "dry farming area" where there were cantaloupes growing. This area would be to the NW of the Patil Mts. There was a spring that formed a waterfalls in the Adams canyon. This would be the spring that feeds the headwaters of the Rio Saldo river. Follow that river west, taking the left fork and it should lead to the Adams canyon. There is only a narrow winding opening to the canyon. I went out there to look , but I wasn't prepaired for that rough terrain and the long hike in. If I was younger I might try again but as things stand I will just let you in on the info. Good luck, Frank
I think I followed your directions somewhat accurately and what I found is actually....verrry interesting. It leads up thru the mountains and then "down" into a box canyon that intersects it perpendicular almost making a big T. It has a drop off waterfall on the right that has about a 1 mile long hidden valley. That really stunned me. I also see a near perfect "Z" in one of the bends on the way to it, and possibly a spot where a small pass-thru could be. The only negatives I found are...
1- As soon as you enter the box canyon, on the right the waterfall isn't 12 to 20 feet. Its more like 50 feet high.

2- The Box Canyon/Valley seems so narrow it would be hard to place a cabin without it being directly in the flood zone. However Thats just looking through Google Earth. On Ground could be different.

If you are still around, then I agree that it is a REALLY ROUGH area to get too. I marked it on Google Earth as an area of interest when I get out West in 2 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread