Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    us
    Jul 2006
    Dallas, TX
    13
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    SEE THE PICTURES!!!
    Actually I didn't find it but was a friend of the geologist that did, in the EARLY 1970s. I have been there and here are about 13 pictures and documentation.

    Sorry my web site has NOT been updated in quite a few years and a lot of the links are broken. I actually have two web sites that used to be linked together.

    The Lost Adams is included in: http://home.roadrunner.com/~dcyoung9/lad/

    Other stuff like info such as my Fabulous Cesium Vapor Magnetometer is at:
    http://home.roadrunner.com/~dcyoung9/fpa/

    You will probably have to copy and past these links into your browser.

    If I were you I'd be wary of anyone that promises to take you there and
    fill your pockets with gold.
    The last I knew this AREA HAD BEEN DECLARED A WILDERNESS RESEARCH AREA.
    You were almost forbidden from spitting on the ground much less digging for nuggets.
    Don Young Dallas, TX

  2. #2
    pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    2,850
    1280 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Quote Originally Posted by dcyoung9
    SEE THE PICTURES!!!
    Actually I didn't find it but was a friend of the geologist that did, in the EARLY 1970s. I have been there and here are about 13 pictures and documentation.

    If I were you I'd be wary of anyone that promises to take you there and
    fill your pockets with gold.
    The last I knew this AREA HAD BEEN DECLARED A WILDERNESS RESEARCH AREA.
    You were almost forbidden from spitting on the ground much less digging for nuggets.
    Don Young Dallas, TX
    Hi Don,
    Yeah, this is Apache Box, not far from the AZ/NM border on the NM side. I won't comment on Mr. Fingado - his reputation preceded him in those days. The well-known 'Adams Diggings/Apache Box' scam in the '70's left one investor dead and sent one of the organizers (Gene Ballinger) to prison for murder. I thought the weasel from Chicago was the guilty one, but Mr. Ballinger paid. It's a magnificent canyon, all right, but unfortunately there's no gold there. You're right, I'd be wary too.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.







  3. #3
    Charter Member
    um
    Dec 2008
    3,599
    1939 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    dcyoung9:

    Which magazine article does your website refer to? I realize you don't think much of it, but it would be helpful if you'd be kind enough to provide the citation for it.

    Thank you.

    Good luck to all,

    ~The Old Bookaroo
    Make America Think Again

    Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    um
    Dec 2008
    3,599
    1939 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Gene Ballinger, 64, ran newspapers.(Obituary)
    The Albuquerque Tribune (Albuquerque, NM)
    September 18, 1999

    Byline: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

    HATCH A rancher and former newspaper owner who served time in prison on a conviction that was later overturned has died at his home here.

    Gene Ballinger was 64.

    The cause of his death Wednesday was not disclosed. Private funeral services were planned.
    Ballinger became involved in the newspaper business in the state in the 1960s and 1970s after he and his family moved to New Mexico in 1960. He had been a production manager for the Sierra County Sentinel in Truth or Consequences and associate editor of the Lordsburg Liberal, and had published several newspapers, including the former weekly Hatch Courier.

    Good luck to all,

    ~The Old Bookaroo
    Make America Think Again

    Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

  5. #5
    pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    2,850
    1280 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bookaroo
    Gene Ballinger, 64, ran newspapers.(Obituary)
    The Albuquerque Tribune (Albuquerque, NM)
    September 18, 1999

    Byline: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

    HATCH A rancher and former newspaper owner who served time in prison on a conviction that was later overturned has died at his home here.

    Gene Ballinger was 64.

    The cause of his death Wednesday was not disclosed. Private funeral services were planned.
    Ballinger became involved in the newspaper business in the state in the 1960s and 1970s after he and his family moved to New Mexico in 1960. He had been a production manager for the Sierra County Sentinel in Truth or Consequences and associate editor of the Lordsburg Liberal, and had published several newspapers, including the former weekly Hatch Courier.

    Good luck to all,

    ~The Old Bookaroo
    He was a good guy to talk with. He knew a lot. He also published the monthly treasure newsletter/newspaper, Institute, which was terrific. Somehow I managed to save a bunch of them, which I still drag out and look at occasionally.

    By the way, for the record, Mr. Ballinger was exonerated of his legal dilemma some years after his release from prison when the courts overturned his conviction, a decision that many applauded.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.







  6. #6
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    6,986
    6303 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    tag post
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  7. #7
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    14,603
    11696 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    tit for tat, tag oro, however I am interested in hearing more of this Sr Fingado.

    Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

  8. #8
    pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    2,850
    1280 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
    tit for tat, tag oro, however I am interested in hearing more of this Sr Fingado.

    Don Jose de La Mancha
    It doesn't matter now - he's deceased.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.







  9. #9
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    14,603
    11696 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Regardless, I wonder if he was the same one that I had correspondence with?

    D J d L Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

  10. #10
    pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    2,850
    1280 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
    Regardless, I wonder if he was the same one that I had correspondence with?

    D J d L Mancha
    There were two brothers who lived in Truth or Consequences, NM, or nearby, at the time.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.







  11. #11
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    14,603
    11696 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings


    Ah ha ! Then it was the surviving one, will check my data. He tried to pull a funny on me.

    Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

  12. #12
    us
    Jul 2006
    Dallas, TX
    13
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp

    Ah ha ! Then it was the surviving one, will check my data. He tried to pull a funny on me.

    Don Jose de La Mancha
    Not surprised about that.
    He lived on COAL St. (in a mobile home) T or C, NM 87901 when he died.
    I still have his assay furnace. Bought it from him before he died.


  13. #13
    us
    Jul 2006
    Dallas, TX
    13
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bookaroo
    dcyoung9:

    Which magazine article does your website refer to? I realize you don't think much of it, but it would be helpful if you'd be kind enough to provide the citation for it.

    Thank you.

    Good luck to all,

    ~The Old Bookaroo
    Sorry, I don't know which of my broken links you refer to. Can you be more specific and I'll try to find out. (Too many changes in providers messed everything up and I never fixed it.)

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    um
    Dec 2008
    3,599
    1939 times

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    dcyoung9:

    From your webiste:

    This area was first located by a geologist named Don Fingado in the early 1970's. Contrary to a previous magazine article, where his name was grossly misspelled, he is not dead. He still lives in T or C NM. When he located this area he filed a report in Socorro NM with what was then known as The School of Mines. It was with this info. that the folks who wrote the magazine article found the site in 1986.

    Italics added - that is the article I'm asking about.

    Thank you very much!

    Good luck to all,

    ~The Old Bookaroo
    Make America Think Again

    Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

  15. #15
    us
    Jul 2006
    Dallas, TX
    13
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bookaroo
    dcyoung9:

    From your webiste:

    This area was first located by a geologist named Don Fingado in the early 1970's. Contrary to a previous magazine article, where his name was grossly misspelled, he is not dead. He still lives in T or C NM. When he located this area he filed a report in Socorro NM with what was then known as The School of Mines. It was with this info. that the folks who wrote the magazine article found the site in 1986.

    Italics added - that is the article I'm asking about.

    Thank you very much!

    Good luck to all,

    ~The Old Bookaroo
    Bookaroo,
    That has been so long ago that I don't remember.
    I think I only saw a copy of the article that a friend of Fingado had.
    Sorry, Don

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

don fingado
,
donald g fingado conviction
,
gene ballinger new mexico
,
gene ballinger new mexico the institute
,
gene ballinger the institute
,

lost adams diggings

,

lost adams diggings found

,

the institute hatch nm

,
the institute located at hatch, nm
,
the unsfitute, hatch, nn
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0