Seems that everyone (EVEN ME) has found the Lost Adams Diggings

dcyoung9

Greenie
Jul 11, 2006
Dallas, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SEE THE PICTURES!!!
Actually I didn't find it but was a friend of the geologist that did, in the EARLY 1970s. I have been there and here are about 13 pictures and documentation.

Sorry my web site has NOT been updated in quite a few years and a lot of the links are broken. I actually have two web sites that used to be linked together.

The Lost Adams is included in: http://home.roadrunner.com/~dcyoung9/lad/

Other stuff like info such as my Fabulous Cesium Vapor Magnetometer is at:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~dcyoung9/fpa/

You will probably have to copy and past these links into your browser.

If I were you I'd be wary of anyone that promises to take you there and
fill your pockets with gold.
The last I knew this AREA HAD BEEN DECLARED A WILDERNESS RESEARCH AREA.
You were almost forbidden from spitting on the ground much less digging for nuggets.
Don Young Dallas, TX

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
dcyoung9 said:
SEE THE PICTURES!!!
Actually I didn't find it but was a friend of the geologist that did, in the EARLY 1970s. I have been there and here are about 13 pictures and documentation.

If I were you I'd be wary of anyone that promises to take you there and
fill your pockets with gold.
The last I knew this AREA HAD BEEN DECLARED A WILDERNESS RESEARCH AREA.
You were almost forbidden from spitting on the ground much less digging for nuggets.
Don Young Dallas, TX

Hi Don,
Yeah, this is Apache Box, not far from the AZ/NM border on the NM side. I won't comment on Mr. Fingado - his reputation preceded him in those days. The well-known 'Adams Diggings/Apache Box' scam in the '70's left one investor dead and sent one of the organizers (Gene Ballinger) to prison for murder. I thought the weasel from Chicago was the guilty one, but Mr. Ballinger paid. It's a magnificent canyon, all right, but unfortunately there's no gold there. You're right, I'd be wary too.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
dcyoung9:

Which magazine article does your website refer to? I realize you don't think much of it, but it would be helpful if you'd be kind enough to provide the citation for it.

Thank you.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Gene Ballinger, 64, ran newspapers.(Obituary)
The Albuquerque Tribune (Albuquerque, NM)
September 18, 1999

Byline: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HATCH A rancher and former newspaper owner who served time in prison on a conviction that was later overturned has died at his home here.

Gene Ballinger was 64.

The cause of his death Wednesday was not disclosed. Private funeral services were planned.
Ballinger became involved in the newspaper business in the state in the 1960s and 1970s after he and his family moved to New Mexico in 1960. He had been a production manager for the Sierra County Sentinel in Truth or Consequences and associate editor of the Lordsburg Liberal, and had published several newspapers, including the former weekly Hatch Courier.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Old Bookaroo said:
Gene Ballinger, 64, ran newspapers.(Obituary)
The Albuquerque Tribune (Albuquerque, NM)
September 18, 1999

Byline: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HATCH A rancher and former newspaper owner who served time in prison on a conviction that was later overturned has died at his home here.

Gene Ballinger was 64.

The cause of his death Wednesday was not disclosed. Private funeral services were planned.
Ballinger became involved in the newspaper business in the state in the 1960s and 1970s after he and his family moved to New Mexico in 1960. He had been a production manager for the Sierra County Sentinel in Truth or Consequences and associate editor of the Lordsburg Liberal, and had published several newspapers, including the former weekly Hatch Courier.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

He was a good guy to talk with. He knew a lot. He also published the monthly treasure newsletter/newspaper, Institute, which was terrific. Somehow I managed to save a bunch of them, which I still drag out and look at occasionally.

By the way, for the record, Mr. Ballinger was exonerated of his legal dilemma some years after his release from prison when the courts overturned his conviction, a decision that many applauded.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
tit for tat, tag oro, :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: however I am interested in hearing more of this Sr Fingado.

Don Jose de La Mancha

It doesn't matter now - he's deceased.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Regardless, I wonder if he was the same one that I had correspondence with?

D J d L Mancha

There were two brothers who lived in Truth or Consequences, NM, or nearby, at the time.

OP
OP
dcyoung9

dcyoung9

Greenie
Jul 11, 2006
Dallas, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah ha ! Then it was the surviving one, will check my data. He tried to pull a funny on me.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Not surprised about that.
He lived on COAL St. (in a mobile home) T or C, NM 87901 when he died.
I still have his assay furnace. Bought it from him before he died.

OP
OP
dcyoung9

dcyoung9

Greenie
Jul 11, 2006
Dallas, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Bookaroo said:
dcyoung9:

Which magazine article does your website refer to? I realize you don't think much of it, but it would be helpful if you'd be kind enough to provide the citation for it.

Thank you.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Sorry, I don't know which of my broken links you refer to. Can you be more specific and I'll try to find out. (Too many changes in providers messed everything up and I never fixed it.)

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
dcyoung9:

From your webiste:

This area was first located by a geologist named Don Fingado in the early 1970's. Contrary to a previous magazine article, where his name was grossly misspelled, he is not dead. He still lives in T or C NM. When he located this area he filed a report in Socorro NM with what was then known as The School of Mines. It was with this info. that the folks who wrote the magazine article found the site in 1986.

Italics added - that is the article I'm asking about.

Thank you very much!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
dcyoung9

dcyoung9

Greenie
Jul 11, 2006
Dallas, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Bookaroo said:
dcyoung9:

From your webiste:

This area was first located by a geologist named Don Fingado in the early 1970's. Contrary to a previous magazine article, where his name was grossly misspelled, he is not dead. He still lives in T or C NM. When he located this area he filed a report in Socorro NM with what was then known as The School of Mines. It was with this info. that the folks who wrote the magazine article found the site in 1986.

Italics added - that is the article I'm asking about.

Thank you very much!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Bookaroo,
That has been so long ago that I don't remember.
I think I only saw a copy of the article that a friend of Fingado had.
Sorry, Don

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO EXCUSE DCYOUNG, yer domed now. Just finished a nice new effigy of you, now send me a few hairs from your chinny chinn chin to birng it up to spec. and I will use clean pins, other wise ---.

Don Jose de La Mancha PHD - in advanced Vodoo.

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
OK Everyone, I have absolute proof of the location of the Lost Adams and even though I posted images over a year ago, I didn't mention the exact location because I needed more research but my website explains everything now. Once you see the website you will understand why the canyon was in fact an ancient Apache Chief burial grounds and not only that but there are effigy mounds built by native ancient Americans that rival the pyramids that line up with the stars. The White House, Dept of Parks and Recreation, Law Enforcement and National Geographic besides many other state and federal agencies are now involved and are planning to keep the area preserved due to it's record news breaking headlines world wide considering the signifance which I am the first to discovery and publish. Please enjoy this. I guess this cut that legend all to shreads so to speak. .... NEXT!!! Ahhahahahah, anyway here's the link:

http://lovefishn.tripod.com/lostadamsdiggings.html

http://lovefishn.tripod.com/lostadamsdiggings.html

I've even been in contact with the writers and narrators of various shows like Ancient Aliens and my website explains why it's worthy of world wide news.

Anyway, it's been a great fifteen plus years researching and I found that communicating with everyone here absolutely great, you've all be wonderful and I appreciate the way everyone treats others with respect and dignaty as colleagues should. With much appreciation to the website forums host here too as well.

Thank You! : )

Sincerely, Phillip Anderson

Attachments

• snotahay0.jpg
    snotahay0.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,090

sws

Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been reading in the different threads on out Lost Adams locations, Jenson, and all of the people that have found it. A buddy and I are heading to Apache Box soon, to explore for the historic content and if we randomly come across anything, that will be a plus. We both grew up in the Silver City area and are looking forward to enjoying the landscape.

Funny thing, I was browsing with Google Earth and came across the canyon randomly, without knowing that's what it was. I put one of Jenson's old maps beside it and it appears almost exact ...secret door etc. By report, nothing has been found there but the NM Bureau of Mines report from the 70s said mineralization of copper, gold and silver is there. I guess the Steeple Rock mining district is also not far from there? Also, Native American artifacts have been found in caves around that area.

Has anyone here explored that canyon or have any helpful information regarding it?

All help will be appreciated.

SWS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread