austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The LAD was found about 3-5 years ago by some treasure hunters using aerial photos to find the zigzag canyon. They wanted to tell the world, but needed to investigate further. They or someone else must have contacted Mr. Jameson who may have supported the idea and gone looking, maybe with them. Mr. Jameson's friend and secretary introduced herself to us a few weeks ago and that is indeed his site, post, whatever it's called. She has used it before to answer questions for some of the members here. I personally have used google earth to look at what the guys found, there is indeed a z shaped or zigzag canyon(well, not exactly a z, but close), and I believe Mr. Jameson. I am too old to chase gold and have no desire to do so anyway. Matters not what I believe, time will or will not bear him out. With his resources and research it would not surprise me. If what I saw was that canyon leading into the gold canyon, then it was not that hard to find, but super hard to get to because of the rugged desolate area that kept it hidden for so long...

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
The LAD forum is not highlighted in blue like some of the others even though this thread is recent.

webmaster-wcjameson

Sep 7, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi lastleg,

I never claimed to be W.C. If you read the forum I posted I was acting on behalf of him. With his permission in other words. Every comment posted is directly from him to me. I am his webmaster, his publisher and best of all, a friend. We came here to comment on post and things that are being said about him and to shine some "truth" light on the wrong things said about him. Mainly, in his defense. Isn't that fair?
At anytime, anyone can email him from his website and ask. The message of the LAD is from W.C. to me. He also posted the same message on his facebook fanpage.
Hope this clears up the worries a bit.

Thanks
Deborah

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Feel like I came late to the party. Somebody claims he has found the diggins, I just want to know if that claim is credible.
The only way to determine that is hear specifics which I haven't. What key do I twist? There is an official LAD forum y'know.
I'm a long term follower of the legend, personal reasons.

As far as Mr Jameson, yes I've read several articles bearing his autograph in the treasure rags, not any books so far. I have
nothing bad or good to say about him. Just neutral for now.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If you guys are asking ME , I was told by someone who knows the guys(ones who found it) to get on Google Earth, go NORTH from Silver City, New Mexico and search slowly when you get about 75-100 miles North and a bit Northwest. I did that and found a series of back and forth canyons, very narrow, that are a scrunged or mashed down Z . Not tall, but a spread out Z. You find them and you can see where you go one way through a narrow canyon, back the other way through a narrow canyon and then back the other way through a narrow canyon that opens into a bigger area. This place is away from everything, very isolated, probably really tough to find the canyons and they told me they went in on foot after several days hike. I got this info because I was a college history prof. and the guy just wanted me to know. I never shared it with anyone, don't know the GPS coordinates, but will try to look again for them. You folks are a lot younger, dedicated to this stuff and I figured that telling you will make up for my smart mouth in the past. NOW, I could be seeing what I want to see, but the guy was/is pretty reliable. It fits the bill, but who really knows. I will tell you this. If people start telling you no it ain't, you better believe it is. Good luck to all of you. One more thing. If one of you finds it I want a decent bottle of tequila, a teenage latina and enough oxygen to hopefully not die till dawn.

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just in the FWIW category - I wouldn't post any GPS coordinates to anything like that. Even posting the information you did Austin will undoubtedly lead someone(s) to try to physically find the place and if there's ANYTHING there at all, you can bet it will be exploited for all it's worth. Worse case scenario someone(s) gets lost and or dies trying to get to a remote/isolated area. Unless the original "finders" are willing to give up directions/coordinates, it's only going to be hearsay and for something like this, it cause a real mess.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was given coordinates 3 years ago and it still took a long time to find. I do not know the coordinates, I threw them away, but if you seek, you will find. It will eventually jump out at you. Cubfan64, I have no interest in gold or treasure and I'm not going to be secretive about what I saw on an aerial photo. I give people credit for knowing their limitations and trust me, if Jameson and his partners(?) have gone in on foot and located this, it is theirs. Besides, finding something on a map doesn't make it true on the ground. Again, if I have time I will search, but if you can't find it on an aerial map, then you will never find it on the ground so Cubfan64 is right, don't try. But I just wanted to share what I know. But don't fret, you can read about it in Mr.Jameson's book.

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
What's going on with the blue highlight? Isn't it there to alert posters of recent activity? Austin's post was yesterday.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastleg , do not be afraid of the blue highlight go to it and you will have a better life.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Still not searching for google earth coordinates, but I will. I found them once, hopefully again...

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Sam, I once followed a blue light and it got me nowhere.

Does anyone know who Jacka$$ Jill is? The area described is her stomping grounds or was. She wrote for the GPAA mag.
She and her jacks covered a lot of ground from Silver City to the Muggies.

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Thanks dpdkld, I don't get the GPAA magazine anymore. If there were any placers NW of Silver City I bet she knew
about it. She had some prospectors she travelled with. I think one was her uncle.

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
I would suspect as they humped it the true way and saw more that 95 percent do. However Pinos Altos was a major placer producer just NW of SS and have been there. ATV'd waaay back in there and did find some decent gold. I would bet there are some more outcropps of that particular mineral vein around as many go for miles but there outcrops (major) are the ones developed. It wouldn't surprize me a bit if the LAD was on one of these smaller (but very rich) ones somewhere tucked away in a canyon. One day I will make it back down there from here in the midwest and put some seriouse time in. Just to note pulled 4 grams out of the area in an hour and a half and left mucho more...just having too much fun on the 4 wheeler!!

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
dpdkid, thanks for the info. Apacheria territory no doubt as were the Bradshaws/Weavers. This isolated place could be it I guess.
I value scalp too highly to trespass.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastleg
I guess bald headed men do not have to worry about indianes scalping their hair. Take care my friend.l

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions