Two peaks

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Right, it'll be found by those thrashing around in the wilderness with their 'secret' and 'special ' and 'new' maps and information. Keep right on.

I hope to hear of yet more 'finders' who can finally put this legend to bed.

Well it is pretty much a certainty that no one sitting at home will ever find it. Only someone that actually looks has any chance.

UncleMatt I know of at least a dozen people that are actively looking, including one partnership that has quietly found something they believe to be "it" and have started working it. I don't think it is the lost Adams diggings, but since the partners are getting pretty good amounts of gold without really having to spend a lot of money on equipment etc, I doubt they would care what name it is called. One fellow is searching way up in northern NM, and a few are not willing to say their particular areas.

Just my opinion but I think it would be helpful to extricate and separate the two Adams stories, and thus not be trying to fit clues from the one to the other which can never work. Even the identification of fort Wingate as the fort that is four days away from the point where the trail crossed near the Adams diggings, is based on an assumption and probably wrong. Wingate has been in two locations (at least) over the years and at the time of the original Adams, probably did not exist yet. So if someone is trying to use fort Wingate as a key landmark, it is already throwing off calculations. So far in all these lengthy discussions, no attempt has been made to try to separate the various clues. :dontknow:

Please do continue,
Oroblanco

PS Don Jose can't you tell which coffee is yours? :coffee2: :coffee2:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's assuming if one is actually looking for it. My point is this:

If large portions of the story were not/ could not be verified, would it not be a tad cock-a-doodle to go searching for something when a century and a half of doing so did not turn up much for others including the original protagonist?

There are holes in the story which sink it in reality.

And again it is assumed that simply discussing the LAD means one is actually looking for it.

Not me.

I leave that to all the right on people out there who have it in the bag. Besides, so,so many claim to have already found it and written their books about it etc!

IPUK

Last edited:
OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first posted my map, I wanted to avoid dealing with people who wanted to criticize it without providing facts or a rational as to why they were doing so. I see that go on at this site a lot, and simply didn't want that kind of reader or response. I asked that people have verifiable evidence to present if they felt something on my map needed to be corrected. Nothing could be more fair, rational, or scientific than that request I made. Period.

And what was the response? People accused me of being "defensive", giving "warnings", and being "irrational". NON of which applied to my statements. Should anyone feel the need to continue going down that road, I ask you not to post further in this thread. Now if you have SOME EVIDENCE to present related to the original topic, GREAT! Lets see it!

And to be clear, the landmarks on my map were not found on it by mouse pointer! I didn't use GE to locate anything! Instead, I used information from the stories and landmarks that have been identified in general. Such as mountain peaks. Such as known sites for military forts. Yet the only criticisms forthcoming were claiming I must have found landmarks by using GE alone! NOPE!

Even when you say on the front end what the situation is, people still JUST IGNORE so they can go off on their various tangents.

Last edited:

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Methinks this thread is starting to unwind , Implosion meter needle bouncing in the Red :happysmiley: ..cheers Mick

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us all try to keep the conversation civil and on topic.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will also add that members are required to post by our rules or they could find it difficult to post at all....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might add members are required to post by our rules or they could find it difficult to post at all...

concho

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter , Looking at ATX Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir I have it now !

zebediah

Dec 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for clearing that up Oro. After decades of pondering the LAD, I have no idea if it exists, what it is, where it is or if it's still there. Yesterday, however, I was in a canyon that could be the right place for it. A rough zigzag canyon; an Apache farming ranchera downstream; distinctive twin peaks upstream; a major gold placer stream just out of view to the right; an army fort on a road a day away by horseback; and, in the heart of a major historical Apache stronghold. Nice rock faces too, for the rock face fans. ¿Quien sabe?

View attachment 982767

I know that place pictured I lived in pa for a while when I was a kid and climbed all over that place! I think those twin peaks hold a lot of info about the past and believe your on the right track.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so people know, I am not actively seeking the LAD. I appreciate people contacting me with ideas, but I don't feel motivated to go out in the field again on this tale until I have some fairly concrete evidence to operate from. And since such evidence is unlikely to exist, or perhaps unlikely to be revealed online, I have placed this on the back burner of my treasure hunting stove.

Sorry for the cop out, I just have too many active searches going on right now to continue pursuing the LAD,at least for the time being. Maybe when I retire in a couple of decades I will have the time to cover the vast areas involved. I would love to put in a ton of field work on it, but its not possible at the moment.

Of course, I am always open to new discoveries and evidence! If you find something of interest, I am always happy to take a look.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread